Siege Commander Jetfire

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by megatroptimus, Jun 15, 2019.

1. daddytron

daddytron Your mom is an oversized CHUG

I absolutely love our copy of the figure. I think it's a new height (both literally and figuratively)for mainline figures. Just rock solid, fun to transform and mess with, tons of fun gimmicks, intelligent and useful accessories. My son and I couldn't be happier with it. Well, maybe if the battle mask had antennae, but I see there are solutions for that.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  2. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

Where to get antennae for battle mask?

3. daddytron

daddytron Your mom is an oversized CHUG

Looks like somebody on the previous page of this thread figured it out

4. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Did someone mention there was a place to stow his computer core in him when his cockpit is otherwise occupied?

5. SubatomicMatt

SubatomicMatt Active Member

So great!! Which Valkyrie is that?

6. OmegaTaco Supreme

OmegaTaco Supreme Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb

Its G1 Jetfire and Fans Toys Phoenix

7. SubatomicMatt

Thanks! For some reason that G1 Jetfire looked like a different figure to me. Probably *sniff* because I’ve never held one.

• Like Like x 2
  8. OmegaTaco Supreme

OmegaTaco Supreme Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb

No problem. I got him from a friend for $50 and had most the pieces. I spent a total of another $50 for missing pieces and new stickers for him.

• Like Like x 2
  9. SubatomicMatt

That ain’t a bad deal at all!

I’m at odds with myself for wanting to get this G1 cartoon accurate and affordable Siege Jetfire but also wanting to hold out for a more MP looking “Macross” version like the original toy.

Decisions!

10. Bloodstriker

Bloodstriker Well-Known Member

I got my Jetfire a few weeks back, but I quickly put the armour on, posed him, then put him on a shelf. It wasn’t until a few days ago that I took him down and got a better look at him.

After a full day of playing the Jetfire Chronicles with my 5 year old daughter, I can finally offer my opinion of this figure. On a side note, my daughter comes up with the BEST narratives when we play Transformers.

In today’s episode, Dinobot Slash had befriended Soundwave, and together they investigated a strange energon anomaly in the mountains (otherwise known as an IKEA bookshelf) and found a stash of super energon cubes. Whoever consumed these would gain extraordinary powers.

Soundwave betrayed slash and sent a message to Megatron about their findings.

Megatron quickly setup a base near the Super Energon mines and sent Starscream to survey the nearby area for Autobots. As luck would have it, Starscream came across a convoy of Autobots and engaged them, killing Hot Rod, Blur and Arcee.

When the deceased Autobots failed to check-in, Optimus Prime then sent the remaining five Dinobots to investigate.

Unfortunately for them, the Insecticons were waiting. Bombshell had used his mind control chips and took over the Dinobots minds!

This is where Jetfire had to bring a convoy of Headmasters and other Autobots to battle the Decepticons.

To be continued.

Anyways, about the Jetfire figure - I really, really enjoy this figure. I feel that we are getting a lot for the price. Simply put, he is a hulking, well designed figure. The paint isn’t perfect, the box he comes in is basic (although I love the artwork), and there are signs of cost cutting.

But - he is NOT a Masterpiece figure. We can’t expect perfection for a figure this big for $80. For the same price, we would get MP Sunstreaker (which is much smaller, but almost a perfect figure).

I love how there are so many play features on Jetfire that he almost feels like a playset. He can seat three headmasters and can have four figures hanging from him! He has removable armour that can be attached in multiple ways, or we can even pretend that the armour is its own vehicle. Also, the weapon effects are phenomenal - I didn’t think I would like them so much!

While he isn’t a perfect figure, I do believe that this is the best mainline figure since the original Jetfire was released.

The only thing that I don’t like about this figure is the horrible face sculpt. If they made it more cartoon accurate, I wouldn’t have bought multiples of this guy.

• Like Like x 6
  11. SubatomicMatt

I’m not in the know and went looking but couldn’t find the figure you mean. Could you please extrapolate?

12. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 3
  13. SubatomicMatt

• Like Like x 2
  14. ultramagnus1

ultramagnus1 Well-Known Member

Bought him from bbts. Hes on his way

• Like Like x 1
  15. rabbitt773

rabbitt773 Active Member

Does anyone know of any heavy duty flight stands that would work with the 5mm port on the jet mode? Would really like to be able to display him in flight

16. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just got mine from BBTS yesterday and he's absolutely beautiful. Huge, articulated, and pretty much completely accurate to the original animation model. Instructions could use a little clarity, but that's a rather common issue these days.

As the first of a new size class, I think he's a home run. Here's to hoping the Commander class can be put to use for other characters like Star Saber or a Marvel/IDW Fort Max.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Got mine from TRU last week and can't keep my hands off him. Armor is still in the box and don't expect to use it.

My only issue is one of the vent pannels does not peg in snugly in jet mode. Might be time to whip out the Future floor finish

18. Darklancer

Darklancer Needs a new transformation cog

I'm the same way. I liberated the figure and his rifle. Everything else is still strapped in the box, and there it will stay :) 

I'll keep it in the box in the event that I decide to resell it, but I think all that extra stuff just detracts from the classic lines

• Like Like x 1
  19. Avaran

Avaran Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Not even the blast effects? They cry out to be used...;) 

• Like Like x 2
  20. Darklancer

Darklancer Needs a new transformation cog

I dont have a need for them :)