Siege Commander Jetfire

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by megatroptimus, Jun 15, 2019.

1. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    9591DCFE-CFDB-484E-A72D-AA0A69C5D2C7.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  2. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

I love that Jetfire's combining rifles are super reminiscent of the Wing Gundam Zero's twin buster rifle.

• Like Like x 2
  3. astrakhan

astrakhan Well-Known Member

Mine has a warped left shoulder that's missing a chunk (it looks like the bottom of a Five Guys fries styrofoam cup) where the air intake connects in jet mode. Has anyone else run into problems in that rea with their Jetfire?

4. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    I'm glad the grey isn't too noticable. It looked so bad on the early photos that they probably used the closest color to white they could

5. NemesisJazz

NemesisJazz Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Wow. What was the process?

• Like Like x 1
  6. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Paint removal? Take some paper towels or cotton swabs, and rub with isopropyl alcohol. It comes off without much effort, just be careful not to touch any paint you don't want to lose.

7. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    ...pun intended? i can't even tell.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    Love this guy. It’s really a tremendous way to kick off the commander class. I’m hoping we’ll see him in some of the media.

8590587C-ECBB-4180-B8E1-1350E52AC3F2.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  9. Chris Bot

Chris Bot AutoChrisbot

News Credits:
    Ah, I see I'm not the only one to color coordinate combine Sixgun with Jetfire. I just can't figure out a place to put the head & shoulders piece in robot mode. I tried connecting the boosters to the pushout handle bars on the waste to make some bitchin' crotch armor, but they just don't line up. You can get one to peg in and the other to kind of just sit in place, but it'll either droop diagonally or just fall off. Oh well. I ended up putting it on the back of Sideswipe as a jetpack.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    Those middle parts of the weaponizers are the trickiest bits overall. Jetfire comes with a bunch of weapons so it’s hard to find room for all of the parts. I wish that most of the bigger figures, Jetfire included, had more peg holes, as well as holes that specifically contemplate using those middle pieces of the weaponizers.

11. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what type/size of flight stand would work with Jetfire?

I'd image the hexagon hole underneath, as well as the circular one would work.

12. First Aid

First Aid Well-Known Member

20190713_033010.jpg Not sure if I posted this on this thread, but here's how I combined Jetfire and Six Gun. It may not be entirely clear in the photo, but Six Gun's arms are on Jetfire's wings.

• Like Like x 1
  13. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    screw it. bought him off agabyss since its cheaper than amazon and came to $78 with a gift card i got [when i bought from their amazon store months ago].

14. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He may not be getting those effects back DSCN4542.JPG

15. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

At first I didn't much care for the way he looks in the extra armor/loaded up with weapons. But I tend to let figures I like simmer in my head for story telling purposes and after a bit a thought occurred to me to help make the armor/weapons pack more palatable:

The "Drone" (still trying to come up with a name) can be called on when Jetfire (Skyfire in my world, but I'll go official here) enters battle, but he's reluctant to do so. Partially because he's more science focused and less battle focused. But mostly because when the drone breaks apart and forms up on him, it affects his processing to the point that it changes his primary focus from study and science to that of a berserker warrior. So much so he's been known to accidentally take out allies on the battlefield when powered up. Those that know him fear the power he has when done up in the armor, but some will simply fall back after encouraging him to do so because they consider him unstoppable in powered up mode.

When battle is complete, it's a struggle for him to de-escalate and get the drone parts to leave him, and once it's complete he often finds his power reserves drained to the point he needs several cycles and a massive recharge to recover. There is also a psychological toll on him, that leaves him questioning his true nature. I'm thinking this could lead to all sorts of interesting situations where he thinks about turning Decepticon again due to guilt over taking out allies.

Still mulling that bit over.

As for the figure itself, absolutely fantastic for a mainline Transformer. Are there things I would want to change if I could? Sure. The somewhat hollow area on the underside in jet mode is a little off-putting. The gap for the backpack as well. The face is a little too shiny against the rest of the figure. Nitpicks really. But there's so many positives it's impossible to say I'm disappointed. One reason I got two is because I plan on fixing one of them to be as close to perfect as I can make it. Just need to gather some supplies and tear into him when I have some free time. Can't wait to spend more time with him and get to know him better.

What a great representation of a character that's never before had a truly toon accurate figure in official release. Fantastic.

• Like Like x 1
  16. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Such. an. Amazing. figure!
    [​IMG]

The only thing I didn't like was the black&white style on his feet. It just screamed these style
    of tapdance shoes, which imho doesn't suit Sunbow Skyfire at all - so, I painted his feet to match his dark gray plastic.
    [​IMG]

I think people sometimes still don't fully realize how much of a miracle this figure release actually is;
    the very first official Skyfire figure, accurate to his cartoon style in both modes!
    And now that I have him here, I think he's one of the BEST Skyfire's on the market.
    Inevitable comparisons to other "Skyfires" are inevitable, so here we go:

Styling
    This Siege Skyfire fits right in, with his Siege peers. The sculpted detail highlights his grande stature.
    Afterall, most of the season 1&2 characters' line art was a simplified version of their toy counterpart - whereas
    cartoon Skyfire never had a physical reference point for what should have been his toy detail. Hence, I think
    the kind of relief detail on this Siege version is a tasteful application and appropriate in context of this line.
    The headsculpt on Siege Skyfire is pretty nice and accurate to the narrow face as it was in the cartoon - however,
    I do prefer FT Phoenix's headsculpt.

Proportions
    Pretty much perfect - and this is perhaps quite a miracle since the inconsistencies in the Sunbow cartoon
    warped his proportions all over the place - but, I think most of us can agree that Skyfire is supposed to be
    like a gentle giant.
    FT Phoenix features this eye-catching big warrior-kind of physique - however, once you get past that initial wow moment - I look at his waist/torso and I can't help but see this:
    [​IMG]

Last but not least, FT Phoenix's upper legs seem to be about as long as Siege Skyfire's
    upper legs - so in terms of proportions, Phoenix has upper legs, waaaaaaay too short for his height.
    Short upper legs / extreme high knee pivot placement, has always been one of my biggest
    TF petpeeves - so Siege Skyfire definitely scores points over Phoenix here; and this aspect affects the
    next category;

Articulation & poseability
    Siege Skyfire's proportions are spot on, which guarantees that none of his proportions will start to look warped when you get to the more extreme end of poses.
    The only real shortcoming on Siege Skyfire is his lack of upward foot pivot or toe-articulation.

Jetmode
    Looks great! I still think SkyGuardian's jetmode is the best representation, but the jetmodes for Siege Skyfire and FT Phoenix aren't too shabby either. I only wish the chest panels would fit a little closer to the fuselage, because imo, the Skyfire fuselage silhouette should taper down from rear to front.

QC: I've musty have been lucky again! Not a single loose joint on my Siege Skyfire. Even the wrist swivels are
    tight enough.

Overall, I give this Siege Skyfire a 9 out of 10.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Night Flame

After getting to spend some time with him this weekend, I gotta say I love this figure. Fantastic sculpt, great and satisfying transformation, and well thought out ports everywhere on him that don't affect the look.

One question for those that know, how the heck are you supposed to fit the longer missile/guns onto the backpack? Apparently I'm too dumb to figure that part out and the instructions just show them attached without any explanation as to how.

18. IronMonger986

IronMonger986 Well-Known Member

There’s a I guess you’d call it a friction slot on the side that’s in the shape of one of the missles wings on the side of the chest armor. The missles slot in there.

19. Night Flame

Oh, I know how it fits on the chest armor. I'm more talking about when in robot mode with the chest armor on, supposedly the missiles can attach to the backpack, but I can't for the life of me figure out how. At the moment I'm popping them into the under wing slots, which sorta clashes with where the littler missiles go.

20. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    20190805_182405.jpg