Siege Brunt "Burt" QC Issues

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Awesomepow, Dec 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Banned

News Credits:
    I posted the first part up until I applied nail polish in the rant thread, but I posted it here because the situation has not improved and now the QC on the arm is worse than ever.

So, I purchased Brunt on Amazon in July. Two weeks after I got him, his left arm became very loose. I contacted Hasbro and they said return the product and we will give you a product of the same value. So I said that I wouldn't want to get a figure I have, and they replied (with a bit of attitude; like they were were forced to oblige) well, return it and we will give you a $20.00 rain check. Really? So at first, Hasbro tried to give me like, a Sixgun, and now since I asked they would give me a rain check to buy a new Brunt. Why should I have to return it? I sent them clear pictures of the loose arm and vivid description. For other companies like Mattel, or LEGO, in Mattel I had a Hotwheels car from a 20 pack that had a busted grill, and they gave me not one new car, but a new 20! And I didn't have to return anything, just a picture, like I gave Hasbro.

So, unwilling to get rid of the Brunt I had for
    1) I could get a different figure.
    2) I shouldn't have to return it.
    3) What if I get credit and Brunt toy price goes up?

So, I added some glue and it held it almost like the other good arm. But slowly, it wore away. A couple of days ago, I picked Brunt up and the arm fell off. So I decided to add clear nail polish, which made it worse. It must have made it more slippery, because if I hold Brunt with the loose arm facing down, in 15 seconds the arm falls onto the floor.

I honestly don't know what to do at this point. Thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  2. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry. TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    My advice: stop whining and send it back.

Seriously, as long as Brunt is available on Pulse or BBTS or any online store that does not have 3red party sellers, the price will still be $20 for a good while.

Also you sound really entitled when you complain because you can't get a free figure. You gave money to Hasbro in exchange for a product. That product is defective. Now hasbro wants to exchange you money for said defective product. That's how business works. They do not have to give you your money back for nothing. You want your money, they want their product. So you can either send it back, or just buy a new one without a refund.

• Like Like x 13
  3. konrathink

konrathink Jared Magnus

Why not just have Amazon replace it? I do that any time I get a bum figure. My Siege Magnus was a floppy mess so I went through the return process on Amazon and asked for a replacement figure. My Siege Spinister was missing a back leg panel so I again went through the return process for a replacement (I too contacted Hasbro and they said they would "try" to get me a replacement, but I could end up with a random figure).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

What gets me is... why Hasbro are offering people random figures as replacements. That's weird if nothing else.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    If you bought it from Amazon why didn’t you return it to Amazon? That would have been a lot easier. You’re not getting a freebie because of a loose joint :lol 

• Like Like x 4
  6. crazyjw18

crazyjw18 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I never had much luck with clear nail polish. Pledge floor wax(whatever they label the future stuff as now) has been the number one suggestion for a while now so you could try that. I assume the pledge would probably stay on better if you were able to remove the polish first.

Nothing you can really do on the Hasbro front, their random figure replacement policy has been a thing for as long as I've been collecting. Relying on the retailer to replace has always been the best option.

• Like Like x 2
  7. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine (almost all the weaponizers I got) are with very loose ports... all my Siege have some issues with ports being loose, some are the pins of the accessories, others are the holes.

If you're looking to try and fix it, there's a few more things to try BUT be aware that can be a bit more difficult and that you could screw it up.
    1. get some Pledge, and coat it, dry it overnight, do that a few times***
    2. get some clear coat acrylic paint and do the same approach***
    3. put some paper tissue is even some plastic food wrap in the holes and push the pin on
    4. silicon tape (clear and super stretchy stuff).. but this will eventually degrade and make it gummy and a bit rubbery
    5. for the superglue, get good quality stuff, the cheap stuff from dollar stores is usually crap and comes off as it's not a good formulation and doesn't bind well to the plastic ***
    6. For the superglue again, do it again, but this time, sprinkle or premix it with talcum or "baby" powder. Note that this will dry/bond very (and I mean VERY) fast and will turn it into a paste. will probably require sanding ***
    7. get some epoxy, try to get some very liquid stuff, stuff meant for plastic, again, sanding man and probably will be required ***
    8. EXPERT LEVEL FIX ONLY: heat the pin just a bit and compress it to "squish" it just a tiny itsy bitsy bit. Not easy to get right at all, but also the last resort ***
    *** the goal is to make it tighter BUT not overly as that can break parts or stress them badly.

Note that the more you force things, the more you'll weaken the part and it WILL eventually snap off in time if you keep messing with different glues and stuff. That's why the Pledge fix has an advantage, it will come off before most damage is done.

If you're just looking for a free replacement and to keep the one you have, every company is different, I've had some that sent me parts, others a full replacement, others were jerks and I had to fight and use "higher" level to refund me, but if Hasbro standard policy is to return and get a luck of the draw replacement, which isn't what you want, then you need to return it to where you bought it.

BUT.. you stated JULY!!!! that's like about 6 months ago!

That's really above and beyond any some of "warranty" period for a toy unless still sealed, as far as I know. That's seriously asking a LOT, especially since you have applied glue and polish on it. If Hasbro is willing to take it, that's as good as it gets now.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To tighten up joints where they are really loose.

Spread a very light coat of supergue on and immediately sprinkle baking powder/bicarbonate of soda (true BoS is better) on it. It cures instantly and is as hard (much harder tbh) as thermoset plastic.

Superglue and bicarbonate of soda also works for repairs and reinforcing repairs/breaks/joints of most things not just tfs.

Clear nail varnish doesn't typically work as it can't cure on the plastics very well and just scratches off. You also need to use a high quality one too.

@Awesomepow just return to amazon and buy a new one. Or repair properly.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Banned

News Credits:
    Problem is--I purchased it July 12 and the window ended September 12. But that was back when I thought that the glue had fixed the problem.

I know. I would have done it if they would give me a new Brunt.

As I responded to the first quote, I purchased it July 12 (only 2 months to return) and during those 2 months I thought the glue had fixed it.

I would never be able to do all that stuff, but thanks for the tips. Yes, almost 6 months, but here's a timeline to restate myself.

July 12 (checked Amazon) - Placed order.
    Early August? - Became loose.
    Early September?- Applied glue.
    September 12- Return window closed. At this time, I thought I had fixed it.
    Early December- Glue began to wear away.
    Last week-Applied nail polish.
    Yesterday-Nail polish made it even more slippery.

No way I will do all that difficult stuff, but thanks anyway.

10. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The Other Black Repaint

News Credits:
    Then you’ve chosen to be out of options.

Buy a new one and consider this a lesson learned.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Banned

News Credits:
    Sure, but why should I be inconvenienced that way and lose $20? When I buy a toy, it shouldn't be made to bust 2-3 weeks later. But I agree, a lesson learned. I will not be purchasing Earthrise Fasttrack, even if I could get it for free.

12. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    1.) Various recommendation have been listed, other than what people have said, there's not much else to be done.
    2.) The toy didn't "bust", it got loose, that happens with friction joints, nothing new.
    3.) Maybe you should just leave the hobby, if something like this is causing you that much inconvenience.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Menastreaker

Menastreaker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    They are out there. Buy one online, keep the new one, and send the old one back in the new ones box. Amazone wont question that and neither will BBTS. That way you're not out any money and you have a better figure.

That is by far the easiest solution. If you dont want to do that then youre choosing to complain fir the sake of complaining.

14. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Banned

News Credits:
    You make absolutely no sense and you're just trying to defend Hasbro because it's not your problem, and if you feel that way, don't put your opinion if you are biased when you read the title. What do you have to say about $50 TR Misfire? $35 Slugslinger? $99.99 CW Brawl? Absolutely nonsense. Especially when you say Hasbro is giving me money in exchange, even though at first they offered to send me a toy like Sixgun or Hound! I'm not whining, I've seen people whine on these boards? You're acting like I'm an evil heckler that complains about everything.
    Why should I leave the hobby when I've spent already about $2000 on TF toys?

15. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    Sounds like whining to me. Hasbro was willing to give you either a comparable figure or a voucher. It's not like they keep old stock around, which is why they don't guarantee an exact replacement. Yet you still complain that they should do more. Also, what does it matter if you spent the money already, people leave the hobby all the time after spending money. If you spent 2K already, what's another $20 for a new Brunt, or take the voucher and be done with it.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

It seems to me that the problem is that you want to keep two Brunt and paying only for one. If that's the case, I don't have any solutions. If your goal is instead having a Brunt in good conditions, assuming the offer is still valid, Hasbro already gave you the perfect solution allowing you to send back your defective copy for credit you can use to purchase a new one.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Banned

News Credits:
    What the **** would I do with two Brunts? Let's be real.

I don't have the box and I don't have a box to ship it in right now. How could I send it back without Brunt's box?

I'm virtually screwed, and nobody's really helping, aside from @imfallenangel , @Prescient , and @crazyjw18 but I would never be able to do all that.

18. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The Other Black Repaint

News Credits:
    Do all what?

If you can apply super glue you can apply Pledge.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Menastreaker

Menastreaker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    I'm gonna copy and paste my comment since you didnt see it or ignored it. They will provide you with a box for the figure and for shipping:

They are out there. Buy one online, keep the new one, and send the old one back in the new ones box. Amazone wont question that and neither will BBTS. That way you're not out any money and you have a better figure.

That is by far the easiest solution. If you dont want to do that then youre choosing to complain fir the sake of complaining.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Banned

News Credits:
    I did not use superglue. I used a heavy coat of school gel glue. I never said I used superglue.

Where do I get a box? I have no Amazon facilities or drop off locations in the area.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.