Siege Astrotrain, Apeface, Spinister and Crosshairs revealed!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Knightsword, Jun 26, 2019.

1. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did I say they were heavier? No. Did I say they were less heavy? No. What I said was their weights were similar, similar doesn’t mean exact, so please don’t put words into my mouth

• Like Like x 2
  2. LegoLover58

LegoLover58 Bumblebee Gourmet

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    To everyone complaining about Astrotrain, it could be worse.
    Astrotrain could cost $450, and he could have bad knees.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 14
  3. Probe

Probe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well they aren't similar either. Magnus IS heavier than your average leader and Shockwave is only the barest bit heavier than your average Voyager, with all his bits on.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ar78

ar78 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Explain why Deluxe class toys cost $9 when oil was $140 per barrel in 2007 then. Oil is relatively cheap right now in comparison.

Whatever argument you make trying to support a $50 price point for this figure, the facts simply don't support the price. The amount of plastic is almost irrelevant to the end price. Plastic pellets cost less than $1 per pound in Asia. The molds for Siege toys are not complicated and cheaper compared to toys like the ROTF era.

Siege Jetfire went on clearance for $45 after barely being on the shelf. Guess what? Walmart didn't lose money selling it for $45. Retailers like Walmart make a minimum of 50% of retail on virtually any item in the store. The majority of products have a 60% margin on them. There are exceptions like electronics and movies that have profit margins of 20-30%. But for Jetfire, the price Walmart paid is most likely around $37. That is an $80 item that you pay $43 for the shelf it sits on.

So remember when you buy an item, the vast majority of your cash goes to nothing but profit margin. A few decades ago most stores made 25-35%, which was a fair markup. If you really want to feel ripped off, dive deep into the real cost of furniture and jewelry.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    for truth and justice

• Like Like x 4
  6. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Oh, well then I suppose everything being expensive compared to anything in 2007 doesn't have an excuse either, huh? I guess everyone should just lower prices just like that. That's how the world works, right?

I bet Wal*Mart paid no less than $55 on Jetfire.

• Like Like x 1
  7. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Astrotrain's small size for leader price is indeed unfortunate, I have to agree with that.

On the flipside; in the cartoon his robot mode never towered over Megatron either, so there' s that.....

So, I guess one just has to interpret the value in the context of the play value he offers, with the tinder augmenting his alternate modes; ...which imo, does a somewhat better job at that than the extra Shockwave parts do for Shockwave.

• Like Like x 3
  8. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This Siege Astrotrain looks good but I’m sticking with the Takara Legends version to go along with TR Blitzwing, Octane, Broadsides and Sandstorm in my display, don’t feel like starting over but I did swap out Generations Springer for the new version. Will still get an Astro to keep sealed and hopefully signed by voice actor Jack Angel someday.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    This sis suppose to be a Leader Class?

10. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not exactly sure why people are having a hard time grasping how a lot of us feel a bit agitated at paying leader class prices for voyager size-if-not-smaller figures. Siege Leader Magnus was a thick and heavy bot with all his gear attached, but Shockwave and now Astrotrain look to have some cheap, extraneous parts added to an insubstantial voyager and called a "leader class" figure. Like you said, it's your money so spend it how you want, but ain't no way Hasbro is expecting everyone to be okay with this tactic. As the video pointed out, Astro' is barely larger than Impactor, and that's the problem. Deluxe's are $20, and voyagers are $30, and leaders are the price of them combined, but you aren't getting the engineering and parts count you would of a full blown deluxe and voyager and of course it's all coming in one package.

It's odd to, because Jetfire being $80 seems like a great price. He's huge and full of accessories and features. Hasbro just chose the leader class this line to really save on costs.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  11. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, just like the other 3 leaders in siege

12. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Just seems smaller than I thought.

13. joncbenn

joncbenn Groovy

Sorry but you’re wrong on this one. Voyager, leader, basic, scout, legend, deluxe, etc… are literally size classes.
    Each line had a different meaning of what the size would represent, either the bot mode or the alt mode. The current lines, siege and studio series, are using alt mode as the basis of what class the figure falls in. That’s why SS ROTF Megatron and DOTM Megatron are the same height in bot mode but sold in different size classes.

• Like Like x 5
  14. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Size class isn’t height class. Size encompasses height, weight, build and other factors

• Like Like x 4
  15. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz A.K.A Sex Pistol No. 4

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

My thoughts:

That size aint it cheif. I was looking for someone to bulk over my siege cons as the "muslce"

CONGRATS ASTROTRAIN! YOU JUST LOST TO TR BLACK SHADOW!!!

• Like Like x 3
  16. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

Maybe they're raising prices because not as many children are buying toys? Just a thought.

• Like Like x 6
  17. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    This has probably already been said, but I think you're supposed to transform the trailer for train mode by folding it open so it's twice as long. That would explain the second set of treads and wheels underneath. It would also lower the height so it doesn't rise up over the top of Astrotrain's locomotive. This would allow it to resemble two train cars rather than one, which I personally would dig.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Cosmoglide

Cosmoglide NA W4Y W3 60

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I wont defend the price. I wont defend the size. What's the point? I look at it, I like it, I am going to buy it for 50 dollars. That's my choice as a consumer. Anyone who feels it's not worth their money is free to do so, but trying to convince each other that this is somehow unfair is ridiculous. Hasbro are not our buddies. They are a corporation looking to make money off of us. That's really all there is to it.
    Parts count and reusability of the mold have to figure into this, as well, surely. There is, what, one repaint they could do with Astrotrain? Maybe 2 if they also repaint him in toy accurate colors? I have to imagine that factors into their planning. I bet you dollars to donuts that TR Prime sold better than TR Octane and Megs better than Blitzwing.

• Like Like x 7
  19. Mattymo

Mattymo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ya know kudos to this thread and the fandom for just baffling me. We got three previous leaders in Siege. We knew exactly what astrotrain was going to be. We saw him two months ago at SDCC standing near other figures and yet we finally get in hand images and people are like “woah woah woah! This is voyager height? What the fuck man?!”

It’s utterly amazing

• Like Like x 13
  20. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    A lot of Siege figures are shorter but have the same weight:
    20190625_215549.jpg 20190625_215052.jpg 20190625_213703.jpg 20190625_205859.jpg
    But I still believe that Hasbro is getting over with the Leader class Shockwave conspiracy.

• Like Like x 5