Siege Astrotrain, Apeface, Spinister and Crosshairs revealed!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Knightsword, Jun 26, 2019.

1. DaveWire

DaveWire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’ve seen the reprolabels for that set. Wasn’t impressed.

• Like Like x 3
  2. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Minor inaccuracies aside generally the other Triple Changers at least had the correct vehicle modes ON THE FIRST TRY...

It took three attempts before we finally got a proper Astrotrain.

And ironically he's finally a steam train in the toy line that's suppose to be focused on CYBERTRONIAN vehicles... Though considering how few of them actually look Cybertronian I guess that's to be expected. Still it feels like Siege and Titans Return are backwards considering that Astrotrain looks more like it has Cybertronian vehicle modes.

The first Astrotrain we got like a lot of other classics toys we got around that time, I'd be perfectly fine if it were an Astrotrain from a different continuity or if he was from a future point in time where he decided to rescan a more modern train but he just sucks a representation of the original Astrotrain design. I'm glad he's finally a steam engine again and not a bullet train or weird looking space train.

Speaking of Titans Return...

I'm trying to figure out if that's actually the same Titan Master on Apeface as the Titan Master version or if it's been slightly retooled. Would there be any difference if you swapped the Siege Head with the Titan Master head? And how weird would it look to have Apeface holding the tiny version of himself in weapon mode?

I'm wandering if they're also going to make Snapdragon. Those two kinda go together so it'd be weird if they didn't... but they also released the Insecticons across three different toy lines so who knows when we'll see a Snappdragon.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  3. denebian

denebian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is a different Titan Masater. You can see the TM's knees on his forehead in bot mode. He appears to have the bot face on the back of the TM feet, and the ape's face on the TM back where the faceplate normally is.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Sixwing

Sixwing What did you mean by "in Tribble"?

I immediately jumped to tinder for lighting fires as well.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Slight derail: I wouldn't say the other Astrotrains had the 'wrong' alt mode. Hasbro/Takara simply wanted to update the train (bullet) or do something different (space train). It was still a train alt mode. Just about everyone in Generations got an updated alt mode.

• Like Like x 4
  6. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I look at it this way, I'm just happy we're finally getting a G1 redux worthy of being on our shelves. Which means I have to go and rebuy Scoop. Yay. =\

• Like Like x 3
  7. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

You seem to be describing the way the original Apeface Headmaster worked.

You can see a hinge on the ape mode body suggesting that his ape face is not even a part of the Titan Master but rather a panel that flips up from the body to hide the Titan Master... At least the MOUTH part is clearly part of the body not the Titan Master. The visor may actually be a part of the Titan Master but I'm not entirely sure. Either way the Titan Master is at least mostly if not entirely hidden by that panel on the body. So I'm pretty sure the robot face is still the one on the back and the remolding... if there is any would only be to add that visor in the ape mode.

8. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Immutable opponent of negativity

YouTube:
    I think that was the implication...the mouth and neck base are clearly a permanent attachment. The visor/eyes are no doubt the back of the titan master.

• Like Like x 2
  9. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

I think it might be reversed though as that would make more sense to have the robot face on the back as that's the one you actually see most of and there's already a mold for it. The legs possibly having the visor/eyes for the ape mode would also mean that the usual peg that Titan Masters have on the back of their legs could possibly be what secures the mouth plate to the Titan Master.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Ramtruck05

Ramtruck05 New Member

Ebay:

11. Ramtruck05

Ramtruck05 New Member

Ebay:
    I hope his comrade Snapdragon comes out, maybe they can be displayed with the TR headmasters.

• Like Like x 3
  12. denebian

denebian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Consider this image. I've circled the titanmaster knee joint in each image to help.
    apeface.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  13. Prime of Shadows

YouTube:
    Agreed. Check out the titanmaster arm placement on the full figure’s head. It’s gotta be arranged the same way as the original figure.

• Like Like x 4
  14. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

In the Siege picture you do realize that if the head was on backwards the knee joint would still be within those circles right? You've basically circled the entire upper leg section including the knee and hip joints which is kinda useless when you're trying to highlight one of those joints as a reference for which way the titan master is facing.

In the Titan Master image you didn't even need to circle the knee joint on the robot mode as it's obvious where knees are located on a robot body. What you really needed was a better picture of the HEAD mode and where the knees end up when in that mode.

Those images really do NOTHING to clear up what what you're talking about.

That said... it does kinda help having a closer look at the head. From far away it's difficult to see which way the head is facing but in the close up and comparing to a Titan Master I just happen to have sitting on my desk I can see it does in fact fiction like the original Apeface with the robot face being on the legs... So you could give him a very different look if you put the original Titan Master Apeface on the Siege body... blind ape face!

And since the mouth is not actually a part of the new Titan Master... I wander what the actual face sculpt looks like as that ape mouth covers about half of the actual Titan Master face.

15. fake

fake Return to Innocence

Man, I was so excited for the Astrotrain. But the more I look at it now, I feel the TR one is better. Oh well 50 bucks saved that can be put to other uses...

16. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    If we see Scorponok at SDCC as the next Titan like everyone expects Id say the odds we see Snapdragon, and the remaining Targetmasters, Powermasters and the Headmaster Jr's, in the 2020 line jump dramatically. Getting a HM and 2 TMs at the end feels like a transition wave for what's coming.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Sure hope so. So many awesome characters among them still need an update.

18. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

I wonder if Spinister's gun actually changes colors as you transform him!

;) 

• Like Like x 3
  19. Rated X

Rated X Well-Known Member

Saw these pics on seibertron. I dont care about news credits. But I definitely do care about getting these when they come out.
    1563243332-s-l1600.jpg 1563243332-s-l16005.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  20. Prime of Shadows

YouTube:
    That’s crazy cool! Have Ion Storm and Nova Storm ever gotten official figures before?