Siege Astrotrain, Apeface, Spinister and Crosshairs revealed!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Knightsword, Jun 26, 2019.

1. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

Ebay:
    And the rest could be excused story-wise just from Hasbro saying "Siege takes place in the prologue to the Sunbow cartoon, before those then-offscreen characters had unique body types."

2. Fallout

Fallout call me alabama i'm a seminole prize

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    7 of the 14 you mentioned are exclusives. they're not taking away from the main waves at all.

• Like Like x 8
  3. Wh33ls

Wh33ls Original G1 kid, and loves Beasties as much, eh!

Lol, greeble-covered sausage and a Xindi warship, HA! I bought Legends Astrotrain to leave in bot mode for my MP shelf, but with this reveal, if he's the same height as TR version, then I'll replace him, otherwise I'll be doing what others have said;

• Like Like x 2
  4. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

I had the same thought. If they retooled the femme limbs into Chromia, doing it for Astrotrain isn't a stretch

• Like Like x 2
  5. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    RT/whoosh.
    I wasn’t complaining, I was actually complimenting the line. Compared to how many retools/redecos we got in the Prime Wars Trilogy, this is actually really good. And the fact that 90% of those are either homaging vintage redecos or are exclusive in some form, I think this particular series is excellent. Part of that post was just me expressing worry that the line will revert to the Prime Wars.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  6. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

Ebay:
    Yep I know and wrote that...but I was actually factually correct in stating that it is 5 guns (at least if you believe the Screenrant article). Although you might be right that there are only 4 "guns." It depends on what the hell a "W-40 Turbo-Core Derailer" is. But anyway my point was that we don't know how they interact with the robot or even the shuttle mode. All we know is that the guns combine with some sort of armored sheeting parts to form a secondary train car. If you look at the pictures, we are getting more than just five guns = one big gun gimmick. That's why I suggested they form some kind of battle platform.

In looking back at the secondary car though, perhaps we even get an answer to @tigatron2002's earlier discussion about the heavy greebling or incomplete look to the back end of the shuttle mode. Maybe the traincar panels double as the skin of the shuttle's hind end, covering up that section.

• Like Like x 2
  7. rikaldomario

rikaldomario Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I would love a new mold, I'm saying it because he's a Z-list character, who didn't even Funpub decided to do, even though they were making a Wreckers themed set, and even had an helicopter mode available.

I would be content with a minir retool / clever repaint like TR Quake who most seem to love even with the inacurrate alt mode. And, even though Siege is pretty faithful to original gimmicks we have and outlier in Slamdance. He could also be Selects, where the "Botcon styled" repaints seem to get a spot.

• Like Like x 1
  8. The nemesis rodimus

The nemesis rodimus Member

YouTube:
    Apetece has the titan máster gimmick

• Like Like x 1
  9. The nemesis rodimus

The nemesis rodimus Member

YouTube:
    I call this set as the autobot chase

10. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hrmmm you may be right. Maybe it will have the chest wings too. Astrotrain-2.jpg 1348575541.png

I see the four guns, scattered about the alt mode

• Like Like x 4
  11. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I bed to differ. Hopefully like he said, the renders may not be showing g it right.

If the train has the big boxes with wheels and traction rods sticking out of the side, nope..cybertron or not that's ugly. Same for shuttle. Dont care if its cybertronian...if it dont look like the good ol shuttle without too much compromise..I'm out.

$55 for a new leader. Or save a bit and get chigurgh. That's what I have and I'm pretty happy. I might still pick up a leader if he looks better in finals

• Like Like x 1
  12. TranslucentBag

Ebay:
    Yep you can see four guns. The two on top, the one on the side of the secondary car, the weird black trapezoid on top of Astrotrain's engine. However there is most likely another identical gun on the opposite side of the secondary car that we can't see.
    But don't take my word for it.
    The Screenrant article linked here itself said that there are 5 "gun?" things.
    "He comes with two JF-50 Ionic Displacer Blasters, the JF-30 Astro Blaster, the W-15 Destabilizer Cannon, and the W-40 Turbo-Core Derailer. All five accessories can combine to form the Omni-Force Orbital Cannon."
    That to me looks like it was written directly from a merchandise copy provided by Hasbro.

• Like Like x 3
  13. DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll Well-Known Member

Why not Both?

Seriously, why can’t a transformer toy be a great looking figure while also being fun to play with?

Siege figures are built great, the look great, they Transform great, and the are great to pose and play with.

What exactly is the problem?

• Like Like x 17
  14. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

Ebay:
    I think you may be missing the point though. While a lot of us would be content with it, it doesn't fit into HasTak's goals with the Generations line going forward. Though this is speculation on my part, even Flywheels-repaint Slamdance seems to have a place in the Sunbow lore, which probably depicts him before he met Blaster, went to Earth with him and became a pair of cassettes.

Granted, the same could be excused from a Rotorstorm repaint of Spinister, I don't think we should be encouraging HasTak to make this kind of thing a routine, since they've been moving closer and closer toward straight redecos being strictly for legacy characters(Seekers, Datsun bros, Ironhide clones) since Titan's Return. We have good reason to think that HasTak is at least trying to represent even bottom-of-the-barrel characters properly going forward, even if they have to use rubbish molds for name reservations temporarily(like they've been doing with 3 of the 4 reveals yesterday, the 4th one probably being earlier along in this process)

I'm just saying that even though we shouldn't expect the best from HasTak, I think that we should at least hope for it. =/

• Like Like x 5
  15. Superhans

Superhans TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The greatest love story of our time.

• Like Like x 8
  16. Bloodhunter

Bloodhunter Member

I would love it if both bot and alt modes were equally great, but in my opinion, Soundwave, Megatron, Refractor (minus camera mode), Astrotrain, and Chromia's alt modes are severely lacking. I wish more of them were like Hound, Sideswipe, Prowl, and Prime. Ive really been enjoying the Siege wave, but I think from a subjective standpoint, the Decepticons (which are my favorite) have gotten the short end of the alt mode stick.

17. TranslucentBag

Ebay:
    Well, better than Twilight at least......
    I'll see myself out.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Let’s see.:. We could have a whole mini line with AEC homages just using retools of Siege figures.

Armada Wheeljack from Sideswipe
    Armada Cyclonus from Spinister
    Cybertron Defense Hot Shot from Hound
    Cybertron Defense Scattorshot from Impactor
    Armada Optimus (from TT prototype)

I’m sure there’s more but that’s off the top of my head.

They could even do an “evolutions” two pack with the above Cyclonus and then Snow Cat retooled from Ironhide.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    Energon Shockblast from Shockwave w/new armor and head really needs to happen.

I really hope they do some AEC battlepacks at some point. One would imagine, as we see more molds for Armageddon that there will be even more options for this (e.g. DoubleDealer as CDF Red Alert)

• Like Like x 3
  20. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Singlehandedly keeping Toyhax in business

News Credits:
    I'm going to throw out a possibility for Spinister's retool here: Powerdive.
    G2-toy_Powerdive.jpg Seriously he'd look good in those colors

Also, I'm going to predict that Apeface gets a heavy retool into Snapdragon.

• Like Like x 9