Siege Astrotrain, Apeface, Spinister and Crosshairs revealed!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Knightsword, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I bed to differ. Hopefully like he said, the renders may not be showing g it right.

If the train has the big boxes with wheels and traction rods sticking out of the side, nope..cybertron or not that's ugly. Same for shuttle. Dont care if its cybertronian...if it dont look like the good ol shuttle without too much compromise..I'm out.

$55 for a new leader. Or save a bit and get chigurgh. That's what I have and I'm pretty happy. I might still pick up a leader if he looks better in finals

• Like Like x 1
  2. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep you can see four guns. The two on top, the one on the side of the secondary car, the weird black trapezoid on top of Astrotrain's engine. However there is most likely another identical gun on the opposite side of the secondary car that we can't see.
    But don't take my word for it.
    The Screenrant article linked here itself said that there are 5 "gun?" things.
    "He comes with two JF-50 Ionic Displacer Blasters, the JF-30 Astro Blaster, the W-15 Destabilizer Cannon, and the W-40 Turbo-Core Derailer. All five accessories can combine to form the Omni-Force Orbital Cannon."
    That to me looks like it was written directly from a merchandise copy provided by Hasbro.

• Like Like x 3
  3. DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll Well-Known Member

Why not Both?

Seriously, why can’t a transformer toy be a great looking figure while also being fun to play with?

Siege figures are built great, the look great, they Transform great, and the are great to pose and play with.

What exactly is the problem?

• Like Like x 17
  4. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    I think you may be missing the point though. While a lot of us would be content with it, it doesn't fit into HasTak's goals with the Generations line going forward. Though this is speculation on my part, even Flywheels-repaint Slamdance seems to have a place in the Sunbow lore, which probably depicts him before he met Blaster, went to Earth with him and became a pair of cassettes.

Granted, the same could be excused from a Rotorstorm repaint of Spinister, I don't think we should be encouraging HasTak to make this kind of thing a routine, since they've been moving closer and closer toward straight redecos being strictly for legacy characters(Seekers, Datsun bros, Ironhide clones) since Titan's Return. We have good reason to think that HasTak is at least trying to represent even bottom-of-the-barrel characters properly going forward, even if they have to use rubbish molds for name reservations temporarily(like they've been doing with 3 of the 4 reveals yesterday, the 4th one probably being earlier along in this process)

I'm just saying that even though we shouldn't expect the best from HasTak, I think that we should at least hope for it. =/

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  5. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    The greatest love story of our time.

• Like Like x 8
  6. Bloodhunter

Bloodhunter Member

I would love it if both bot and alt modes were equally great, but in my opinion, Soundwave, Megatron, Refractor (minus camera mode), Astrotrain, and Chromia's alt modes are severely lacking. I wish more of them were like Hound, Sideswipe, Prowl, and Prime. Ive really been enjoying the Siege wave, but I think from a subjective standpoint, the Decepticons (which are my favorite) have gotten the short end of the alt mode stick.

7. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, better than Twilight at least......
    I'll see myself out.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Let’s see.:. We could have a whole mini line with AEC homages just using retools of Siege figures.

Armada Wheeljack from Sideswipe
    Armada Cyclonus from Spinister
    Cybertron Defense Hot Shot from Hound
    Cybertron Defense Scattorshot from Impactor
    Armada Optimus (from TT prototype)

I’m sure there’s more but that’s off the top of my head.

They could even do an “evolutions” two pack with the above Cyclonus and then Snow Cat retooled from Ironhide.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    Energon Shockblast from Shockwave w/new armor and head really needs to happen.

I really hope they do some AEC battlepacks at some point. One would imagine, as we see more molds for Armageddon that there will be even more options for this (e.g. DoubleDealer as CDF Red Alert)

• Like Like x 3
  10. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    I'm going to throw out a possibility for Spinister's retool here: Powerdive.
    G2-toy_Powerdive.jpg Seriously he'd look good in those colors

Also, I'm going to predict that Apeface gets a heavy retool into Snapdragon.

• Like Like x 9
  11. Johntimus Prime

News Credits:
    IMO it's close enough. Certainly closer to toon colors than his other toys. Though I'm probably in the minority I liked the Classics figure going in the toy colors direction

I'm just happy to have a properly bulky Astrotrain that turns into a muuuuuch better train than the weird, pseudo-WWII super train his TR figure was going for.

And thank the toy gods he doesn't have dancing queen shoes this time.

• Like Like x 2
  12. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    To be fair Ultra Magnus is not only a fantastic figure but also has an entirely in-character use of the armour upgrade gimmick.

• Like Like x 5
  13. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

Well.. shit.. I thought I was done spending money for more Hasbro stuff anymore.. guess not.. :( 

• Like Like x 1
  14. Johntimus Prime

News Credits:
    And I'm in the minority that liked the Rodimus evolution toy

Primal used it to good effect too, IMO.

I find it interesting that Crosshairs' first toy since G1 is based on the cartoon as far as his head goes:

Targetmasters.jpg
    Was that look more iconic for people? There are cases where the toy-specific head (such as Hardhead) was the more recognizable face to me.

• Like Like x 9
  15. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That toy is underrated and gets a lot of flack. I really enjoy messing with it.

• Like Like x 7
  16. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn’t have the toy, so the cartoon/comic head for me.

• Like Like x 1
  17. moonDUST

moonDUST Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Definitely the cartoonhead, which was also used in the comic. Glad they did it. They also used the Sunbow heads for the Decepticons targetmasters so it makes sense

• Like Like x 4
  18. ReadyParzivalOne

ReadyParzivalOne Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    still don't like the colors, hopefully they use him as a repaint for something cooler

19. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    To be fair, Hasbro knew that a lot of folks in the fanbase were aching for a good Generations Shockwave figure (especially since the CW legends figure wasn’t that good, at least to me), so why not try to squeeze out more money from the fans? To me, the armor pieces just look so pointless and make no sense that I’m convinced Hasbro just ran with the first idea they got in an effort to justify the $50 price tag.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MasterScale

MasterScale Loose, comes with baggage...

I'm not a fan of the armor peices either... on Shockwave. As a bonus set of 'weaponizer' parts, I think they are great. And I like the space sled mode, too. But yeah... a $30 Shockwave without the armor would have been just fine.

• Like Like x 1