Siege Astrotrain, Apeface, Spinister and Crosshairs revealed!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Knightsword, Jun 26, 2019.

1. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    That's not an "evolution" gimmick tough. It's a Brute Mode. Similar to Bulkhead and Landquake from Energon.

I'm telling you guys, this is leading up to Star Saber/Victory Leo if not also a new Prime/Godbomber.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Bloodhunter

Bloodhunter Member

I personally think it has less to do with parts count than it is about recouping costs on lesser known but well loved figures like Apeface, Impactor, and Spinister. I think Hasbro is banking on nostalgia to recoup costs like they did with shockwave; I believe he could have been sold without the addon parts as a crummy space ship, just as easily as they did with Soundwave. In my opinion the Siege line seems more focused on releasing each character as a good action figure, than an overall good Transformer.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't like the armour, but I actually like the 'hoverboard' mode. I do wish the 'basic' Shockwave figure was bigger, though.

I guess size difference can offer a bit of variety in one's collection. I suppose I may get a bit more used to 'undersized' Voyagers and Deluxes by the time the third WFC toyline is done.

• Like Like x 2
  4. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    I guess I'm just looking at the cup more as half full. I already removed my TR figures from my shelves in anticipation of them being remade with Siege's scale and other sensibilities. But then again, I've been waiting for an in-scale line since I can remember. =p

• Like Like x 3
  5. Yohan PLMIXMB

Yohan PLMIXMB Not well-Known Member

News Credits:
  6. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We don't know that they are done quite yet. All we have are 3 pictures of Astrotrain, and I'm betting there is some sort of "armor-up" or "evolution," as you put it, form that we haven't seen yet. They initially released the pics of Shockwave all built up and some people weren't pleased until they found out all that stuff could be removed and one was left with a really nice looking G1 version of Shockwave. Hasbro may have learned this time and just released the bot mode for the publicity stills and are still holding off on showing how the 5-cannon gun platform thing attaches to or augments the robot mode. The SDCC showfloor booth would be a great venue for such a display.

• Like Like x 4
  7. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:
    The weird thing is Crosshairs has a new head, and new shoulders. The forearms have all the exact details that Ironhide's has, but it seems to have extra details as well. Everything is the same, no new pieces all over like Ratchet does.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I mean, it sorta sounds like your complaining. I know not everyone is in love with all the repaints we are getting but I definitely think Hasbro has done a great job of picking great repaints this time around. I won’t get them all but I don’t think any of them are bad picks or cheap cash grabs.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The gimmick is 4 guns that combine into one large super gun

10. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ...most of these were redecos in the original line, which WFC is referencing.

• Like Like x 7
  11. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    And the rest could be excused story-wise just from Hasbro saying "Siege takes place in the prologue to the Sunbow cartoon, before those then-offscreen characters had unique body types."

12. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    7 of the 14 you mentioned are exclusives. they're not taking away from the main waves at all.

• Like Like x 8
  13. Wh33ls

Wh33ls Original G1 kid, and loves Beasties as much, eh!

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Lol, greeble-covered sausage and a Xindi warship, HA! I bought Legends Astrotrain to leave in bot mode for my MP shelf, but with this reveal, if he's the same height as TR version, then I'll replace him, otherwise I'll be doing what others have said;

• Like Like x 2
  14. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

I had the same thought. If they retooled the femme limbs into Chromia, doing it for Astrotrain isn't a stretch

• Like Like x 2
  15. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    RT/whoosh.
    I wasn’t complaining, I was actually complimenting the line. Compared to how many retools/redecos we got in the Prime Wars Trilogy, this is actually really good. And the fact that 90% of those are either homaging vintage redecos or are exclusive in some form, I think this particular series is excellent. Part of that post was just me expressing worry that the line will revert to the Prime Wars.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  16. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep I know and wrote that...but I was actually factually correct in stating that it is 5 guns (at least if you believe the Screenrant article). Although you might be right that there are only 4 "guns." It depends on what the hell a "W-40 Turbo-Core Derailer" is. But anyway my point was that we don't know how they interact with the robot or even the shuttle mode. All we know is that the guns combine with some sort of armored sheeting parts to form a secondary train car. If you look at the pictures, we are getting more than just five guns = one big gun gimmick. That's why I suggested they form some kind of battle platform.

In looking back at the secondary car though, perhaps we even get an answer to @tigatron2002's earlier discussion about the heavy greebling or incomplete look to the back end of the shuttle mode. Maybe the traincar panels double as the skin of the shuttle's hind end, covering up that section.

• Like Like x 2
  17. rikaldomario

rikaldomario Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I would love a new mold, I'm saying it because he's a Z-list character, who didn't even Funpub decided to do, even though they were making a Wreckers themed set, and even had an helicopter mode available.

I would be content with a minir retool / clever repaint like TR Quake who most seem to love even with the inacurrate alt mode. And, even though Siege is pretty faithful to original gimmicks we have and outlier in Slamdance. He could also be Selects, where the "Botcon styled" repaints seem to get a spot.

• Like Like x 1
  18. The nemesis rodimus

The nemesis rodimus Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Apetece has the titan máster gimmick

• Like Like x 1
  19. The nemesis rodimus

The nemesis rodimus Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    I call this set as the autobot chase

20. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hrmmm you may be right. Maybe it will have the chest wings too. Astrotrain-2.jpg 1348575541.png

I see the four guns, scattered about the alt mode

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 4