Siege Astrotrain, Apeface, Spinister and Crosshairs revealed!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Knightsword, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 What to type here?

News Credits:
    Maybe we will start to see more Earth modes start to trikle in? That would be neat as I'm not a big fan of the "cybertronian" (read: Earth modes with more lights and windshields) modes in Siege. Give me Earth modes anyday

Spinister's double-cockpits will be interesting, looks to me like one forms the tummy of the helicopter mode.

Apeface will be a nice return to TR style of gimmicks, and I was kinda hoping Astrotrain would be Voyager to go with the TR triple-changers.

Crosshairs just looks bland. Easy pass.

2. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Further thoughts:

Siege Leader Astrotrain is going to be my original G1 Astrotrain. I mean, with that 'battle damage' it's obviously the same guy.:) 

As for the other space shuttle/train dudes from TR/Legends (including Sentinel Prime), they're obviously ex-Astroforce transtechtors.

• Like Like x 2
  3. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    Like I've been saying. Alt mode cockbutt. :D 

• Like Like x 3
  4. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    I really like how Apeface' articulation will make it possible to pose him beating his chest :) 

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  5. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    His 'basic' mode probably is approximately Voyager sized.
    If he's a Siege 'Leader', he's probably like Shockwave. He probably needs a bunch of extra purple bits to be a (Siege) Leader-class figure. And those 'bits' combine into a big gun.

6. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

Ebay:
    IMG_1524.GIF

Come on guys, please do yourself and everyone else a favor and read at least 2 pages back before you comment.
    How many times can we say that Astrotrain (while not officially confirmed) most likely is VOYAGER SIZED. Like Shockwave, he simply has extra parts that add on to his modes, or create some kind of battle platform turbo cannon that justifies his Leader price point. Thus he will be able to fit in just fine with the other TR triple-changers.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  7. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I love how Spinister is retooled from TR Octane, along with Astrotrain, Apeface and this sandwich I'm currently enjoying.

• Like Like x 14
  8. LoserBroadside

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I think the bluish cowcatcher is visible in the robot mode pic, hanging off the back of the leg behind the knee. So I don't think it detaches after all.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Apeface looks like he can hit a pretty sick dab in ape mode for sure too!

• Like Like x 4
  10. LoserBroadside

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    (whispering conspiratorially in your ear) "...to make you buy their Battle Masters separately..."

• Like Like x 7
  11. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Don’t forget G1 Blitzwing. I’m sure he’s a TR Octane retool too.

• Like Like x 6
  12. W-P38

W-P38 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Amazing. I didn't know Astrotrain was coming for WfC, let alone a leader class. I was just looking at both my TR and Classics versions and thinking about selling both. Done.

As most, I've been waiting for the Autobot Targetmasters since TR. Patiently equipping them with their partners released via Siege. Crosshairs is bought on the spot, and hoping Pointblank is next. He's such a quiet badass in Headmasters.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    (Whispering conspiratorially in your ear) “...only fake fans call them battlemasters...”

• Like Like x 7
  14. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    I'm not 100% sure this is true. At least, not in the broader context.

Sure, Greenlight was $25. But she had the Battlemaster, a flame effect piece, *and* her Prime Armor. And that was on top of an already larger Deluxe than someone like Chromia (who's a good comparison as she's based on the same design.) Let's say the next wave of Deluxes nixes the accessories in favor of a single Battlemaster (with no effect piece). It's entirely possible that skates under the $20 price point. Especially if guys like Ironhide and Crosshairs are the exception rather than the norm.

Heck, is there any less plastic in a single Battlemaster than in Ironhide's weapon? And what if the Battlemasters packed with Deluxes have simpler designs to limit part counts?

Not only could it work, but giving *every* figure a Battlemaster partner opens the door for Armageddon to have some new concept at the $5 price point. Heck, what if packing a Battlemaster with each figure means they can start selling individual Micromasters at the old Battlemaster price point, and go back to the $10 price point being Legends figures?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    Guys, there's literally no need to discuss this any further: Everything and everyone is a Combiner Wars Dead End retool.

Before the light, before the void there was Combiner Wars Dead End, and the entirety of the universe is forever shaped in its image.

• Like Like x 29
  16. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Crosshairs : Nice face & colours - chest looks fine, I miss the kooky Monster truck wheels though. On the plus side two weapons might look interesting on Ironhide. Sould be passable enough with a Battlemaster added to him (which I hope they make)

Spinister : Not sure I approve of the faux Cockpit - it is a bit peculiar at least. Looks like he's waiting for some Battlemasters to finish the look off - otherwise though he's passable enough. I'd certainly like to see them have a crack at Needlenose too.

Ape Face : better than I expected the only real let down is the lack of rotation in the gorilla arms and the forearm gaps (which someone can sort out easily enough later). Hopefully the cabin can seat the headmaster too (fingers cross for a new mould Snapdragon too)

Astrotrain : Well it looks like Astrotrain that is for sure.

I hope they make Soundwave some new cassettes too.

• Like Like x 3
  17. tffannoloyalty

tffannoloyalty Well-Known Member

May be able to pull this off as a fan mode. The feet may need to be tucked down or something. 20190627_135204-1.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  18. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Doubtful....
    But CulbrAAAH

• Like Like x 6
  19. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Crosshairs is an excellent use of Ironhide. Bring on the retools!

• Like Like x 3
  20. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    as much as i would love for that to be the case, greenlight without the battlemaster is the equivalent of a potp deluxe, the most recent of which were the generations selects red swoop and ricochet. both of those sold for $19.99 (the same as siege deluxes, even including the combiner fist and weapon accessory), making greenlight without dazzlestrike the equivalent of a $19.99 deluxe. add in the battlemaster and thats what you get. remember when legends cost $10 with a micromaster weapon? the very next line hasbro dropped the weapons and still sold legends at $10. no way would they drop accessories and add a targetmaster to the figure and keep it the same price. hell, the prime wars trilogy exclusives were the cost of a deluxe and primemaster and didnt come with prime armor, so it stands to reason that a deluxe plus battlemaster would come with less for a higher cost on average

another point of evidence that supports this line of thought is the takara legends deluxes that included targetmasters. each of those was sold at a higher price than deluxes that didnt have a targetmaster, and several of them lacked their non targetmaster weapons (doublecross for example)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 4