Siege Astrotrain, Apeface, Spinister and Crosshairs revealed!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Knightsword, Jun 26, 2019.

1. weevil

weevil CHUG Fan!

News Credits:
    I'm so excited with this news, especially Crosshairs , Spinister and Astrotrain.

• Like Like x 1
  2. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I will not read 35 pages long. So here's my take.

Astrotrain - Finally G1 looking. It's leader class btw. So scale-wise he'll tower over TR Triple Changers by a bit. He may stand as high as Siege UM at maximum.

Apeface - It's about damn time. Triple-Changer and a Headmaster. Can't wait for Snapdragon

Spinister - I don't know him very well. BUT his robot silhouette reminds me of Vortex. This is warm the shelves.

Crosshairs - I'm not really a fan of double-dipping on the molds. My only gripes with it is that Hasbro didn't even bother to change his gun accessory. A fake targetmaster gun like from TR Scourge may do. But yeah, Hasbro is somewhat forcing us to buy some of the Battlemasters to compensate for Crosshairs' lacking a target master gun in package.

Good thing is, it will be released at end of this year so I can still save enough.

Oh don't forget guys, we still have SIEGE JETFIRE on the horizon so our wallet are still in ICU. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  3. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I've been resisting opening my wallet for this line, not sure how much longer I can hold out.

• Like Like x 2
  4. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    He'll be 7in/16cm tall, much shorter than Magnus. Erm, for what it's worth.

• Like Like x 3
  5. darthsutius

darthsutius Minor Sith Lord

News Credits:
    That Crosshairs is a lazy repaint, even the same weapon...but they nailed the face so I forgive it immediately.

With Spinister showing up, it makes me wonder the point of the fan vote process.

• Like Like x 1
  6. orangeitis

News Credits:
    At Siege scale, Galaxy Shuttle would be a bit larger than Titan-class cityformers. (quoting the TF Wiki: "Combiners barely reach his chest.") So unless it's a grossly-upscaled Astrotrain mold, I'd say not at all. =(

If Galaxy Shuttle were ever to get a figure in Siege's scale, he'd be the largest Titan.

Simple. For priority.

What, did you think that fan vote losers would be permanently eliminated from being made ever again? =p

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  7. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

Anyone else think it's just metal that Astrotrain has a handheld gatling gun? Not even chainsaw-style grips, handheld. Goddamn.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Housewife2000

Housewife2000 Fandom, combine!

That puts him shorter than the TR voyager. Out of interest, where did you get this measurement?

• Like Like x 3
  9. orangeitis

News Credits:
    On my signature, which shows clips of Hasbro reps being interviewed about Siege and the WFC trilogy, John Warden explains several times that the WFC trilogy is in a unified scale with each other and is based on the prologue portion of the first episode of the Sunbow Transformers cartoon. About 1:35, for the record. So far, every figure(sans Spasma presumably, because of Apeface's gimmick) has been consistent with scale charts that dictate the canon size/heights of the Sunbow continuity. And in each scale chart, Astrotrain is about the height of Soundwave or Shockwave, though much wider.

One scale chart is uploaded to this post for convenience. =)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  10. darthsutius

News Credits:
    Nah, I knew they’d revisit them - but they could at least pretend the vote mattered. Impactors not even out yet!

• Like Like x 2
  11. darthsutius

News Credits:
    To clarify - I’m stoked, I voted for Spinister. Just seems like a silly thing to generate excitement for a vote that seems meaningless. Guess we’re getting the battle chargers, gnaw and a new Shrapnel at some point too then!

• Like Like x 2
  12. transform75

transform75 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    well maybe spinister/wheeljack was not far behind impactor, and Wheeljack is expected by most in this line as he was with bumblebee the first show character to have a cybertron mode.

Until we get wheeljack, I ll use the GO version as a cybertron mode.

And to those wondering if it would be hard to sell the club mayhem version, I put it on sale 2 hours ago and is on hold for someone who bought me figures, so there is room for every spinisters in some collections.

Back on topic, these 4 look so random and so awesome in the end :) 

And with triplechangers back in the collection and Astrotrain being a leader, maybe there is room for a leader class Broadside...? Hope to see broadside, snapdragon and wheeljack in future waves

• Like Like x 2
  13. orangeitis

News Credits:
    To be fair, Impactor will probably come out first.

...probably.

I'd say "of course" to that, we I'm going out on a limb and guess that Hasbro is going to remake everyone in the 1:35 scale of what Siege started. They probably just can't choose who to do first, so they ask us. lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. orangeitis

News Credits:
    If it's Sunbow Broadside, he'll probably be Commander class.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    :lolol 
    Thanks. I get it now :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  16. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

Awesome wave. Leader Astrotrain is unnecessary but ill definitely be getting it!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Spinister and Apeface look great, definitely getting both. If Apeface is TR compatible, I'll be very interested to see what the Legends version of that head looks like on it.

Astrotrain I'm unsold on. Large size, no gimmick, authentic G1 looks are nice, but I don't have a burning need for a $50 figure that looks okay.

• Like Like x 1
  18. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So, I'm incredibly late to the party and haven't thoroughly read every post on here. Apologies for any redundancy!

I'm VERY excited for Apeface. Interesting to see how they've managed the 'double face headmaster' gimmick whilst, as far as I can see, keeping the classic Titans Return titan master style head. Can't wait to plug the TR head into this new body. I imagine the proportions will look a bit off, but I think I might prefer the old face. I remember being in an epic sulk that they didn't do Voyager Apeface and Snapdragon in Titans Return (while acknowledging that the double face thing would be hard to pull off within TR), but now I can say I'm genuinely glad they waited. That looks way more sophisticated than what we could have expected in TR, even taking into consideration the hilariously toy accurate jet mode. Fuck it. I'm in it for the monkey!

Astrotrain looks moodily magnificent. That has just got so much more character and style than the naff TR version. Look at that surly face sculpt. Looks like he's packing quite a lot of open hollowness though. Disappointing when we've seen how well they can tidy up required hollowness, like with Soundwave. Now that the riddle of Spinister's double cockpit has been solved, Astrotrain certainly seems like the most mysterious of these reveals. there's definitely something...extra going on there somewhere. I look forward to seeing a physical version at the SDCC reveals. I imagine that'll show a lot of how he's going to work. Alt Modes are neat. I'm loving the lamp on the front of the train.

Crosshairs. Well, whatever I guess? I'm disappointed that he's 'just' a minor retool of Ironhide. Most interesting things about this reveal is that a)it reassures me that we'll likely see the other two Autobot Targetmasters and b) this is WfC's first (retail- I'm discounting Slamdance as he wasn't a 'general' release) deluxe class opportunistic redeco/retool. Every other siege deluxe that's shared a mold has been someone that did so way back in G1 (Ironhide and Ratchet, Prowl, Bluestreak, and Smokescreen, Sideswipe and First Aid), and with the Voyager's it's just been the inevitable seekers. Makes me wonder how prevalent that'll be going forward.

I think Spinister might steal the show for me. He looks bloody beautiful! Just a straight up, well done, Deluxe class figure. I adore how faithfull they've been to the original. I'm gonna play with one A LOT when he arrives. So cool!

So, if this IS Siege wave 5 and we're going to see repacks filling up the boxes alongside these, then these are potentially the only new figures coming out in December? That's kinda nutty. I'm used to seeing market saturation and 'NEW THING! BUY, BUY!' buzz right before Christmas. Curiouser and curiouser, and all that shite. I look forward to hearing something from the horse/John Warden's mouth.

• Like Like x 9
  19. kaszal

kaszal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Nice! I'm definitely down for Spinister and maybe Apeface.

I'm hopeful the final colours looks as good in person e.g. Springer's green turned out yucky and, sadly, there's no Takara repaints to rescue us anymore.

20. Duskscream

Duskscream Well-Known Member

Is that the final lineup or is there a chance they will release Snapdragon, Octane and Bltizwing aswell?

• Like Like x 2