Sidewipe Going Convertible In Transformers 3?!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by fathi_haziq, Jun 16, 2010.

1. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Since almost all the vehicles of the 3rd movie are getting a makeover, we have a good chance of seeing this convertible in Transformers 3. Besides, Hasbro will be happy. Since Mattel took the rights to manufacture toys based on the regular Stingray (which explains why we are getting Aston Martin DB9 shaped Sideswipe RPMs and Lotus Elise shaped Deluxe Sidearms Sideswipes), Hasbro now can own the rights to deliver toys based on the new model.

2. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    looks like sideswipe tried to go under a very low bridge lol

3. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

Wow thats ugly........The original car looks fine, but damn it just doesnt look well as a convertible. It will probably lose its nice back window look. Im not big on american cars anyways especially Chevrolet cars, this was one of the few I liked but now sheesh........it just looks so incomplete

4. U.Magnus80

U.Magnus80 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think it looks awesome. Nice low(er) profile. I wish it coulda been up against a different background though. I think we're losing some of it to the dark parts of the pic.

I hope thisos for real, I'd like to see em engineer this into a toy.

Look on the bright side, if it IS how Sideswipe's gonna look, the convertible hopefully means much smaller backpack on the toy (hopefully) and less kibble to deal with.

5. starkiller80

starkiller80 I'm a Ghostbuster

It reminds me of that scene in "Smokey and the Bandit" where the sheriff drives his car under the semi truck trailer and cuts his roof off. :lol 

This change wouldn't bother me enough to get me mad... But my :2c:  , if Bay has to change something, how about the Autobots scanning something new besides GM concepts? ;) 

6. TwinSpin

TwinSpin Hot Coffeebot

Great! I can't wait to see his revised look onscreen for less than 30 seconds!

We=SO LUCKY!

7. jazzman_78

jazzman_78 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Folks, I don't think this is real. Like someone mentioned earlier, the doors don't line up right. And other things seem a bit 'off'. I'd say this is someone's custom or 'kit' car. Almost looks like a modded Shelby Series-1 but no one would be that crazy, not even a Transformers fan. I hope.

8. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the other car could be sunstreaker..

both same colour but slighly different...

9. AutobotMurder

AutobotMurder Face Me, and be Murdered

anyone elses notice his new spoiler/wing ?

10. NeilD83

NeilD83 Well-Known Member

well if anyone read it first without jumping to the photos, it does say that it is possible that this is someone's customized corvette, and could possibly have nothing to do with Transformers 3, but who knows, it could very well be Sideswipe

11. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I thought it was confirmed that Bumblebee wasn't a convertible:

[​IMG]

...doesn't look like it too me. This should be changed.

I really like the convertible model for Sideswipe, but whether or not it's in the movie, I like the possibility of Sideswipe being back in TF3 in any form.

12. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    The next releasing Camaro IS a convertible. So, Chevy maybe thinking of releasing a Corvette convertible alongside the Camaro convertible. :) 

13. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Yeah, I know... but the statement is referring to the characters, not the production cars.

14. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    As others have said, this would most likely be done via remote control. They may also have techniques such as dressing the driver in a key color suit, making digital removal easier during post-production. With today's technology and effects capabilities, having a driver-less convertible isn't anything terribly difficult to pull off.

• Alternators Sideswipe (interesting coincidence, no?)
    • Alternators Windcharger/Decepticharge
    • Alternators Battle Ravage
    Those all looked good to me. :) 

15. I AM MEGATRON

I AM MEGATRON pleasure model

Im gonna say it has nothing to do with the movie, in fact its not the stingray concept, but rather as the article implies a c6 corvette kitted out to look the part. The headlights of the original are also totally missing, replaced by lights in the front ducting, body lines are slightly off, and the stance is different.

16. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    Maybe he re-scans midway through the film? Like he did in movie one, and the twins did in ROTF

17. rivalarod

rivalarod NACIXEM

it aint aimed @ sideswipe but damn that car look ugly as hell. probably wont effect his look after transformation but overall look is horible.

18. LUGNUT1995

LUGNUT1995 TFWiki info gatherer

if it is S.W i wish they wouldn't keep changing them, it makes unbelievable. but they might use it as sunstreaker, if the re-paint it.

19. liquid6

liquid6 Well-Known Member

while i do not like the car....i did enjoy the robot mode, but......if there going to do a 'vert, let leave it at one, not every car in the movie be a damn convertible, its already too much of a GM commercial anyway when their all driving around....i guess we'll just have to wait and see

20. sideswipe89

sideswipe89 Beachcomber

News Credits:
    I think I might be one of the few that doesn't think its that bad. It looks fine to me. But I'm not sure if its sideswipe, since it wasn't seen near a TF 3 set. But then it makes me wonder how someone could there hands on a concept stingray mod? Either way, I hope some version of sideswipe shows up in the movie.