Sideswipe...but much cooler!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by gobotron, May 24, 2009.

1. tomboland

tomboland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    owned!

2. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

The only irony behind that pic is that you still managed to NOT get the G1alternate modes barring a photoshopped Starscream F-15 in the background.

3. Spoon

Spoon Banned

I think I might have a few things to say about that!

By the way, I apologise to everyone in that thread. I was pissy and sleepy and then I locked it so I couldn't apologise.
    a) They already are making a red repaint.

b)You started a topic by saying 'zomg it should be kewl lik G1'. In the movie forum. Audacious? Certainly. Mature? Certainly not.

c)You say it would be a perfect marketing opportunity? Why? For all those 5-10 year old G1 fans?

4. Terrorcon Blot

Terrorcon Blot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Didn't make it, sir. Picked it up years ago in a topic called "MOVIE FANS DON'T READ THIS TOPIC" or something similar.

5. gobotron

gobotron Active Member

alright alright..enuff said..i concede :bowdown:  ..i apologize to EVERYONE for having the audacity to post an opinion. obviously i have no concept of what i would prefer in my TF movies. For that ..I am quite sorry. and also i did not know that they were talking about this subject back 3 years ago (before the 1st movie was even finished and released). Sorry sorry. From now on i will just keep my thoughts to myself and just enjoy and be enlightened by those of you who know better. again ...I humbly ask for your forgiveness.

Jazz still sucked!!

6. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Geewun!!!!!

7. Awesomus Prime

Awesomus Prime I rise, you fall.

News Credits:
    You want to have your own opinion??? Say there, that's some mighty dangerous thinkin', gobotron. Best not to have such thoughts and post things that the majority agrees with...

8. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

!@#$ you too

lol

My god can anyone ever concede the fact that maybe there are great reasons to like G1 and not turn it into a curse word.

you know what lets get it out right now.

All you sheep who use words like "BADASS" and "EPIC" to describe every new thing that comes out should get a label as well. When you use words like that you are barely even thinking because to use a shred of thought you may actually describe what is so BADASS or EPIC instead of just falling back on a couple words everyone uses, to the point its meaningless. If anything it just means if I use this word to describe something I m also cool and going along with everyone else. LOL

Hey would a red and yellow corvette set of twins in the movie been a good idea sure. It s also hasbro's MO for any series to have parallel characters that only need a paint job to make differant.

Most of you seem to just general hate G1 it seems but then you go and buy up all these spin offs of them. In all honesty the only thing most of you ever get specific about is how much you hate other people for their opinions. Way to go humanity you officially have all become sheep for the slaughter.

closing arguement : If you have such a problem with G1 dont see a movie buy a toy or read a comic that is based of it in anyway because that would be too Geewhun ( god i hate that word ) because then you would be a hippocrate.

Maybe thats the word we should describe people who say Geewhun ..... Hippocrates

ya you stoked the fire but im just going to let it burn

9. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Personally, I think Sideswipe should have been red too. Not for any G1 based reason (Ironhide didn't need to be red to be Ironhide) but because we've already had a silver sportscar transformer in the movies. That and the fact that silver looks fairly dull on the big screen, especially in bot-mode where the rest of the bot is silver as well, and it just seems like a waste. But, as stated by one other person in this thread, it was most likely Chevy themselves who made the decision of color and not Bay or Hasbro. But at least we're getting a red repaint of him, and as everyone could see, it looked hot. Though personally, I'm waiting for the blue repaint with the white head, red face and flaming wings on his hood. :p 

p.s. Skids should have been blue! :confused2 

10. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

Vektsilver- Thank you! I've only been posting on the discussion boards for a few months, but the "You just want a live version of G1" argument is getting REALLY anoying! Just because the OP's opinion (and mine too) is that Sideswipe shoulda been red doesn't mean he wants the whole movie to be just like G1. Furthermore, I know alot of the people who make the "Geewun" argument are also fans of the animated series....Almost EVERY bot in that show is a direct copy from G1 and I don't hear anyone complaining about that, so what's wrong about the movieverse just slightly doing it by using similar paint schemes on a few of the more iconic bots? (If this didn't make sense, it's because I didn't have my coffee yet)

11. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:

I'm not sure you understand what GEEWUN means. It's not a term that describes someone who likes generation 1. It refers to someone who thinks that G1 is the end-all-be-all of Transformers and that everything has to hark back to it and anything different is bad. You are (intentionally?) misconstruing the term to turn the "G1 ONLY!" crowd into a group with a self-righteous persecution complex that really is just shooting itself in the foot by being resistant to the idea of change, which is what the franchise is all about.

see this

And hasn't it occurred to you that some people that use BADASS and EPIC to describe some things about the movie because some people genuinely like the designs and not because they're sheeple? Just because it's overused does not mean that it's not valid.

Would you have even had that thought if the lambo twins weren't in the original cartoon? I'm pretty sure few of us would have. Easily a "has to hark back to G1" argument.

Once again, you are calling people who use the GEEWUN term as G1 haters. Not the case. G1 is by far the most beloved incarnation in the franchise among those in the know, but those like myself are just sick of people who moan that everything has to be just like it was in G1.

Once again, a giant misunderstanding of the GEEWUN concept.

Ummm...I think you mean hypocrite. Hippocrates was a Greek doctor (though since we actually get the english word from this name, I'll let this slide.)