ShowzStore vs TFSource

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by SegaSnatcher, Sep 12, 2019.

1. SegaSnatcher

SegaSnatcher Well-Known Member

After comparing these two sites I've noticed that TFSource prices are a good deal higher than ShowzStore, but there doesn't seem to be any additional value that I can see (e.g. Extended warranty), so can someone explain why one would choose TFSource over ShowzStore outside a figure not being in stock at one store over the other?

Also, seeing the TFSource ad on the upper hand corner makes me think this might be a TFW2005 sponsor, so I just want to say I don't mean to offend the owners of this site by these questions. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Well you've asked the question i.e. why would you want to get something earlier and cheaper from other places if you can get it last from the Source?

Many wise people have pondered over this problem and they all agree ... you do this if you are a self proclaimed Jedi Knight.

Remember what Yoda said : "Use the Source, Luke!!!"

3. Krooked

Krooked Well-Known Member

Faster shipping if you live in the states. Other than that I prefer show z over tfsource 100%

Better general pricing and better communication. And I’ve never had my credit card info stolen from show z.

• Like Like x 10
  4. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

You'll want to check out if you want to buy in the US:
    www.thechosenprime.com (great customer service and extremely fast to ship)
    www.toydojo.com (great customer service and extremely fast to ship)
    www.amazon.com (usually better prices if you pre-order)
    www.hasbropulse.com (may sell out fast, but usually has better prices)

@ChromeMagnus Can give you the info if you want to buy things cheaper from stores outside of the US.
    www.amazon.jp (for best prices of new Takara MP releases and really fast to ship when available)
    www.showzstore.com
    www.tf-direct.com
    taboa
    ww.ebay.com (I cannot think of Baba's store name)

These others stores are good, too:
    www.agesthreeandup.com
    www.bigbadtoystore.com (can find stuff that sold out of other places, but slow as shit for shipping)
    www.tfsource.com (did get hacked)

• Like Like x 3
  5. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well shipping something to Canada from TF Source is $50 (their discounted shipping for spending over $150) plus I get hit with customs charges when it gets here. Show Z is zero and zero so I’m off that TFSource but there’s a bunch of good companies.

I’ve ordered from almost everywhere in the past couple months. (None of which charge $50 shipping)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Krooked

Ages 3 and up are in Canada. U might have better luck with them

• Like Like x 1
  7. torque6

torque6 Member

I wouldn't pick either as their prices are more expensive than if I were to get from Taobao.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SegaSnatcher

SegaSnatcher Well-Known Member

I already bought two figures at ShowZStore, I'll let you guys know about my experience. But my TE-01 is already on a Plane.

9. torque6

torque6 Member

So far I only have experience with ShowZ. They use hard plastic corners for their packaging. However, I don't see them being useful as some boxes do get slight dings. The packaging box itself is not quite comparable to places like BTS or Entertainment Earth. They use very thin cardboard boxes so to speak.

Email responses and shipping is fast though. I have to give them credit for that.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pactard2112

Pactard2112 Well-Known Member

Showz is my go to for third party stuff. The wait is usually 2-3 weeks, but for the prices and service I cannot complain.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Scottboom

Scottboom Well-Known Member

Show.z is definitely cheaper, in most cases, but as has been mentioned before it's shipping is pretty slow. I'm also a fan of the fact that TFSource allows you to stack orders before shipping, although Show.z generally includes shipping in the price. Both stores are good, but if it's a cheaper price you're looking for and you don't mind it taking some time to arrive show.z may be the better option.

12. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, they’re great. I’m actually close enough to go to the store in person, but they sell out of stuff pretty quick on some things.

• Like Like x 1
  13. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It was Obi Wan 3Parti that said that.
    aka Old Ben Collectibli.

14. leus

leus Well-Known Member

TFSource has EPIC sales .......MT Headmasters for 70$ MP36+ for 160$. Madness! I like ShowZ, but is saving 10-20$ dollars worth the risk of a crushed box .....or as in the case of Giga Swoop, completely water logged destroyed boxes LOL! I personally go with BBTS for their low shipping cost and no tax.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    As others have said: if I buy from ShowZ customs don't charge me half the price of the package like they do when I order from a US shop.

• Like Like x 1
  16. neomoz

neomoz Well-Known Member

Shipping is expensive outside the States for tfsource, showz ships from Asia which has much more reasonable shipping rates.

• Like Like x 1
  17. kmopotato

kmopotato spends too much on this shit

My one experience with ShowZ was incredibly awful and a pain in the ass so I can't recommend em. I had to talk to one guy, who told me to talk to another guy, who then sent me to a 3rd guy just to find out the item i had already paid for and had been waiting a month for was never in stock at the time I had ordered it. Real fucking annoying, if they're still using the order through private messages system, they need to get a proper ordering and inventory system up.

18. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have received very few items from Show.Z in a cardboard box. Most are homemade "styrofoam sheet boxes" taped up around the figure and they have rarely been damaged inside.

Just my experience.

19. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    It comes down to location. ShowZ in in China, TFSource is in the States.

Which one I use depends on price. For a lot of stuff ShowZ tends to be significantly cheaper, and stuff tends to release in China first, so I'll go with ShowZ. But it seems like Fans Toys, MMC, and XTB have setups in place that keep the American stores competitively priced and quickly stocked, so I use TFS for them.

20. Krooked

same here. i've ordered maybe 15 different shipments this year from them, they all come packaged super tight in styrophome and several layers of tape and plastic corners. nothing has ever shown up with even a ding on the box.

• Like Like x 1