Shows get cancelled, quick!

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by exclusacon, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

I've pretty much been that way for years. I never really watch anything on the big networks anymore, all 3 CSI's excluded. It's as you said, no point in getting hooked on a show when nowadays it's lucky for ANY new show to last past it's first season.

I think what disgusts me the most is that they seem to automatically expect every new show they air to be a blockbuster hit in it's first season, or even within the first few ep's. And then axeing it if it doesn't, regardless if it was atleast getting respectable ratings. It's like a parent expecting their kid to get straight A's on every report card, and then grounding them for a month for so much as a single A-. That's just ridiculous. The people running these big networks just have their heads up their asses and refuse to pull them out.

I'm still pissed about Knight Rider. That was the last time I'll ever watch a new show on ABC or NBC. And I never watch Fox anyway.

2. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Your talking like it hasn't been this way for decades. It's not that different now than it was in the 90's, or the 80's. Where new shows get a handful of episodes that do horrid then get killed. Now your just old enough to see it. The concept of mid-season replacements is not new.

All the US show did was take it a step further. In the British show the main guy was in a coma, and dies at the end of the show.