Show.Z Store

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by black prime, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Grimlock212

Grimlock212 Well-Known Member

@AbbytheCat Mike told me I was getting a replacement Gigapower Dinobot and I see you have my old one up as a flash sale. Will I get a tracking number from my replacement before CNY? Thanks!

Also I haven’t been sent what I’m supposed to do once you sell my old one via flash sale. So I hope those instructions are coming.

thanks!

2. siniquezu

siniquezu Well-Known Member

3. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
  4. rasky

rasky Well-Known Member

@AbbytheCat

For 4th Party BS-03 Challenger Optimus Prime, will the new metal shoulders be automatically sent to previous buyers, or do we still have to request them? One of them was already broken out of the box, unfortunately. Also, if I request it, will I get a pair for both shoulders, or just the one that is broken?

Thanks in advance!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    @AbbytheCat when is the shipping cutoff? I've got several pre-orders that went to incoming so I paid them off - it's going to be disappointing if we were asked to pay them now even though they won't be ready to ship for several weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  6. du365

du365 Well-Known Member

THIS IS THE QUESTION OF THE MONTH.

@AbbytheCat When is the cutoff and how long will it be from the cutoff until shipments start shipping out?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jason Stabler

Jason Stabler Done buying placeholders! Fans Toys is king!

Good question, I’m waiting for my Deformation Space Skywarp to ship, it’s been paid for since the 20th. I need that to be on the way before the holiday.

8. vmcluster

vmcluster Banned

I just received the package for “01-Studio PUMPKIN-P01 Pumpkin 2010 Universal Dominator Version”, however it is surprisingly small and only contains the head sculpture and the outer ring but NO main body!

I checked my order there is only one tracking number and no additional shipment…

I left some messages on the order but no response yet, trying to get some help here, something must be wrong… @AbbytheCat

9. Little Dutch

Little Dutch Official TFW2005 Masterpiece Weigher

The head and rings are separately packaged from the main body, and also separately shipped. I recommend you send show.z a mail or DM them here with your information. You will get a fast response that way (usually with a day) and you don't end up sharing your track and trace (and thus, your address) on a public forum.

• Like Like x 1
  10. vmcluster

vmcluster Banned

Thanks for the info!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did they actually request payment or did they just switch to Incoming and you chose to pay?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Daedelus

Daedelus Know sacrifice, know victory

Usually the payment requests come before or the same time they switch it from "preorder" to "incoming", because paying the preorder is said to allow you to have your order be shipped before anyone waiting for the general stock.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Victor Santos

Victor Santos Member

So I've got an answer from them:

We will declare $14 USD of the product and pay the tax on the corresponding price in advance.
    So you don't need to pay extra money for it.

But the worse comes next... in the communication I told them not to send me anything until this is cleared and right after I saw their msg I asked them to cancel and refund me because I wanted to make a new order and ship to another country, to a family of mine (which is customs free). But guess what? Instead, they rush out and shipped it to me....... They screwed me.

14. Spiffy

Spiffy Well-Known Member

I missed the first part of the conversation, but as someone in the UK who orders a zillion packages from SHowZ (since Brexit and customs 'changes' etc), I've never had any package from them do anything but come to my house, the end. Knock on wood. So don't sweat it. Things from the USA, otherwise, get flagged for extra customs ££ every time.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Victor Santos

Victor Santos Member

yeah but Portugal / EUR is another story..... and last year they changed the policy... 0 tolerance, everything that is import needs to pay VAT/TAX, even if it cost only $1.00.
    And I just bought a $800US Optimus Prime.... I asked them not to ship.... I said I want to ship to a different address, refund me to make a new order.

This thing is big, 19" inch... so is heavy... nobody on earth will believe it cost only $14US...... the shipping cost itself already cost more than that....

16. Spiffy

Spiffy Well-Known Member

The UK has the same new rules, VAT paid no matter the amount... they all come through anyway. But maybe, as usual, what the UK gov says they want and what they actually plan on implementing are two different things.

17. Little Dutch

Little Dutch Official TFW2005 Masterpiece Weigher

You overestimate the attention value of your customs, package size and weight is irrelevant, they pick out items at random. There is simply too much coming into the country to check everything. I am sure you will be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When it switches to incoming, you have 14 days to pay or your pre-order gets cancelled. Most of the time I'm already paid up but there were so many releases squished in before CNY that there a few I had to pay that I hadn't really budgeted for (thought they'd take longer). I understand that this is just the result of the factories pushing so much out the door in a hurry - ShowZ has probably been busy shipping like crazy and I really can't imagine it would've worked any other way. And it's definitely not the end of the world if everything doesn't ship out in time. It's just going to be frustrating that I had to go over budget because pre-orders came due and then have those orders just sit in the warehouse until after CNY (and possibly after another covid lockdown from what they've been saying).

[Edit] Just checked and as of this morning three out of five have tracking numbers and the other two are both in stock that's good news. If only those three make it out in time, that'll be good enough - I just really didn't want to have a huge wave of stuff and all of it get stuck in the warehouse.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Victor Santos

Victor Santos Member

If it's Netherlands I would agree.... but Portugal not. I've being dealing with customs for decades, unfortunately. Have you seen our economy crisis? They're customs hunters.... random pickup (or screening) done at the airport... are random but there's a pattern... based on the size/weight they look at the description... they don't even need to smell fishy... if they just don't believe that description cost that much of amount they will not EXIT... and will enter the customs process. What harm to asking the customer for invoice? Better ask then sorry.

I once bought that Lord of the Rings Light-up Base TOYS but in the description the guy written "Metal Ring"... and they immediately thought "ohhh precious" = valuable. I didn't have to pay because I proof it was cheap. But I paid many many times customs for toys. Too many ppl doing tricks and customs are getting smarter and smarter... They will google to investigate the actual price of the product, go to ebay with your number and ask you to logging to your paypal to confirm the invoice...

PS: I'm not trying to waive it... but I told the company not to send it out...

20. svek

svek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I say calm down and don't panic until you're actually told to pay something. Sure I never ordered packages this heavy (I don't know which shipping company they chose) but when ordering from ShowZ, custom clearance always take place is some transitory country (like the Netherlands) and then the package is "shipped" again but not from China but from the EU member so a duty free package enters your border :) 

Also here's a tip for your next orders if you're still nervous:
    1. First you buy ShowZ points {Show.Z Points}
    2. Then you use them to deduct your actual payment so your invoice will look something like this:
    a.jpg

Overall, I bought tons of stuff from ShowZ after July 1st and never paid a single additional penny :)  unless you come across a custom officer who's also a ShowZ fan, then you're scr*wed

• Like Like x 1