Show.Z Store

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by black prime, Mar 24, 2018.

1. rotten2shot

rotten2shot H8RED

2. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got 3 recent orders each took about 2 weeks or less to the US. Very pleased and finally finished my MP dinobots with Stomp arriving today.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MonsterMash

MonsterMash Well-Known Member

I haven't tried free shopping but the paid shipping takes a while. If you're in the USA, it gets handed over to FedEx most of the time, and they are really slow now. The ones handed over to the post office have been much faster.

4. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yeah Fedex has been disastrously slow recently. And they do have a bad habit of changing the delivery date late on the day it was supposed to arrive randomly. Almost never happens with USPS.

5. kooz

kooz MODUS OPERANDI.

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    OS Feral Rex is here!

I ordered their last one in stock and it got lost in the mail. I would have been good with a credit but they went out of their way and tracked another one down to send me.

Shout out to @ShowZStore for their excellent customer service.... Y'all have a customer for life in me :cool: 

image0 (13).jpg

• Like Like x 4
  6. svek

svek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope following you on every social media available is not mandatory get a replacement part now :eek:  I only have facebook account :D 

sz.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. KingSnarl00

KingSnarl00 Well-Known Member

@ShowZStore do you guys have any word Gigapower Superator? I would love to get that guy and I already have him on preorder

• Like Like x 2
  8. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is transcraft 02 bumblebee shipping soon or still on pre order for the third batch?

9. User_136864

User_136864 Active Member

Hello everyone new to collecting 3p tf figures. I was wondering how good showz was as service and ordering, trusted site, personal experience compared to others like bbts, A3U, toy dojo, tcp that are all listed as links above. Thank you :p 

10. The Happenin Rhinoceros

The Happenin Rhinoceros TEAM MONKEY PANTS FOREVER

ShowZ is solid. The sites you listed above are all US sites, so shipping from ShowZ will take longer, and so will after sales parts replacement. But they will get you the products, and they will get you anything you need if there's a problem.. it just requires a bit of patience due to the distance..

However, their pricing will generally be much lower than US sites so it evens out.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Lazerlips

Lazerlips Well-Known Member

I've had zero issues with Showz. They have fair to excellent prices, are good at shipping things out, and package things well.

I signed up for premium when I saw the gigapower dinobot prices, compared to prices from American retailers. Having the option to purchase points, and pay down preorders is very convenient.

Shipping times have been averaging 15 days to Tennessee, which is fantastic for free shipping. DS-01 is looking like it will arrive tomorrow. It was ordered on the 9th. That's faster than things I have ordered from bbts.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

They are decent enough and good prices, communication isnt the best but to be fair they do a large turnover and speak native chinese so its understandable. I recommend picking up some of the legend scale offerings from Magic Square and Newage.

• Like Like x 2
  13. User_136864

Thank you so much, I looked at both Magic square and Newage. But both seem really old age to me. Something I find on my grandpa tf shelves, like the 1986ish orginal cartoon stuff. I like more of the Mtmte and Lost light stylized look. Someone on a different tread told me to look at iron factory and MMC Reformatted line which I found a lot I like. But I did order Magic Square peach girl Acree from showz. Soooo cute! :p 

14. The Happenin Rhinoceros

The Happenin Rhinoceros TEAM MONKEY PANTS FOREVER

Oh yeah, if you want stylized design in legends scale, Iron Factory will be your jam. I don't even collect legends and there's a few of theirs I really want.

15. bakerjin

bakerjin Well-Known Member

As @The Happenin Rhinoceros mentioned, Iron Factory is where it's at for stylized Legends scale figures. While I started collecting Transformers again a few years ago with official Takara MP and Fanstoys, I've come to realize I don't like toon accuracy and thus have moved on to more stylized or IDW-style looks. I also don't particularly care about IDW-accuracy; I just want something that reminds me of my childhood while not afraid to take some changes on design and style, hopefully with good engineering and a fun or intuitive transformation. I still have some toon accurate MP figures for Season 1, since that's the season that made the largest impression on me, I've moved on to stylized/comic figures for everything else. These are all just my opinions, so take them with a grain of salt.

For Legends, I highly recommend Iron Factory. Unlike nearly all 3p companies, they hardly ever do re-releases, so their old figures get increasingly difficult to obtain. It's not impossible; I only started collecting Iron Factory 2 months ago and was able to get every figure eventually, but you have to pay the late tax for some (and I'll argue that while it's worth it for some of them like Tarn, the late tax is too high for others like Dai Atlas or Drift/Deadlock). Honestly, I don't consider Iron Factory to be an IDW collection - they don't really focus on characters who are important in the comics, like any of the significant figures in MTMTE or Wreckers (the obvious outlier being Drift/Deadlock). No Whirl, no Tailgate, no Skids, no Rodimus, etc. Instead, they seem to choose characters from the G1 cartoon and then in turn stylize them, often to be more akin to their IDW look, but sometimes not. So while their releases SEEM like an IDW collection, the way they choose their characters tends to cater to the G1 continuity more, if that makes sense. My favorites here would be the new Maximum Ambus Ultra Magnus, Skyfire, Wheeljack, Tarn, and Megatron.

For CHUG scale, I highly recommend MMC Reformatted. They thankfully do re-releases more often, though sometimes not as often as you'd want. I also have had all oft he figures in this line at one point or another, though personally I think some of them are worth passing over at this point (I really don't like their Nova Prime or Cyclonus molds for example). They're mostly scaled to around Hasbro Voyager line, particularly starting with Impactor (who MMC said they scaled to work with Thrilling 30 Springer). My favorites in this line would be Carnifex, the entire DJD (but mostly Tarn, Tesarus and Helex), Optus Pexus, the Wing/Drift mold (my favorite one to flip back and forth and looks pretty good in all forms), and Impactor/Turmoil (I prefer Turmoil as his alt mode looks like a Metal Slug tank instead of a duck, but he's harder to find).

Maketoys Cross Dimension also has CHUG scale stylized offerings, though honestly, I think they started off strong and slowly decreased in quality since, and Maketoys has been pretty quiet the last 2 years (with the occasional re-releases or tease). The Cross Dimension Prime molds are good, though I'd argue that MMC Optus Pexus is much better at this point. I love the CD Megatron (a Megatron that is actually fun to transform into a gun), but everything else has been a bit disappointing. Their Powermaster line is ok, but I'm probably going to sell mine now, and their Skywing/Stealthwing is a bit of a chore to take apart and transform.

For MP scale, there are a couple different options. For an IDW look, both Generation Toy and Gcreations have a few releases here. I've had all of them, and I'd say GCreation nails it on sculpt but not particularly in fun or engineering. Their Optimus looks great but I had to get rid of him as his engineering is pretty miserable, while GT's Optimus looks a bit chunkier but is very intuitive to flip back and forth. GCreation Prowl and Sixshot are better quality though, and I've transformed them both a few times, though they still have some trouble spots to look out for. GT J4ZZ is a bit outdated now and many people have issues with his waist breaking, but their Bomber Megatron is a joy to transform and looks pretty good in bot mode (and incredible in alt mode). Planet X has an IDW inspired line that focuses on paint and articulation; I love both their Ismenios (Deathsaurus) and Kadmos (Starsaber), though the latter has plastic feet that can be annoying to hold all of the diecast weight. They also have a Maximum Dinobots version of Grimlock coming out soon.

There are some other one-off options like Spark Toys Optimus Prime and Megatron (Dreamwave War Within), Civil Warrior General Grant (an odd War Within/Powermaster Prime Hybrid that's actually a lot of fun), TFC's Supreme Tactical Commander (Prime if he were a GI Joe caravan, which has incredible hardware and engineering and is a lot of fun), MMC Infinite Finity Eris, etc. I've had these as well, and out of them I'd recommend the TFC Nuclear Blast version and MMC Eris when she is re-released.

A lot of the older 3p companies started with stylized takes before transitioning to toon accuracy, so if you find old Fansproject figures, they're pretty stylized. Out of them, the ones that stuck around with this style are probably companies like Generation Toy combiners (they're still coming out with their final bot for their Defensor combiner after a 3 year wait) and I think TFC's Abominus? Some companies also dipped their hand in the TBeast look, like Generation Toy Gorilla, Perfect Effect Leonidas, etc and TTHongli Falcon Starscream, but I'm not too experienced with these.

I'm sure I'm missing a few, and I've intentionally excluded the FlameToys KuroKaraKuri line (stylized but non-transforming) even though I have and absolutely love them; they're probably not what you're looking for right now.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Opticaloptics

Opticaloptics Well-Known Member

Ebay:

The only time Show.z slows down for getting you items, beyond the usual time it takes to ship from china, is during the chinese new year. They shut everything down to party like crazy. Nothing goes in. Nothing comes out. But once the hangovers are done they get right back to shipping. I almost always order my stuff from show.z.

If @ShowZStore had a problem. Its that they are too good. One minute you are ordering jinbao feral rex. The next you are having to go to ikea to buy more detolfs to house all the other stuff you start ordering from them. It just. Never. Stops.

Thats probably more my fault than theirs now that I think about it.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  17. User_136864

• Like Like x 2
  18. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Spelling Chekcer

Except that they're taking today and tomorrow off for the Fall Festival. Lucky folks got a 4 day weekend. Hope they're making the most of it and having fun!

• Like Like x 1
  19. HappyCryCat

HappyCryCat Well-Known Member

Did ShowZ remove their 200 points from getting likes on social media? I can't find the link to submit an application for that anymore, only the reviewer one.

• Like Like x 1
  20. svek

svek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I asked them about it on messenger too. The actual site (MikeCRM) is still working, it's just there's no link to it anymore. It would be a shame if they removed it permanently. I've been using that feature frequently, trying to put some effort into it and write real reviews on facebook groups, not just "thanks ShowZStore" but provide details, many pics etc but I'm not a professional reviewer with my own channel and a fanbase :( 

• Like Like x 3