Show.Z Store

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by black prime, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Energon Goodie

Energon Goodie Active Member

I’ve had a bit of a mixed experience with ShowZ replacement parts service, mostly positive though. I think communication is really important, agree that email confirmation of the customers request submission with ref number is important. Also maybe monthly progress updates, I have had some requests go on for months with no communication from ShowZ. I also think it would be really helpful if once you obtain a replacement part you email the customer with pictures to check it is the right item, before shipping. Just saves a lot of time and frustration, recently I had an outstanding request for replacement part for months and eventually received something but it was the wrong part. I also feel like sometimes as the customer you have to really push to get the replacement part rather than some token points being given in its place. These items are expensive and when they arrive broken or with missing parts it can be frustrating for the customer and without the replacement part the figures are often a useless and a waste of money. Sometimes points work (I.e. if the part cannot be sourced) but generally I would assume the customer wants the broken/missing part replaced as priority.

cheers!

• Like Like x 4
  2. Rath

Rath Well-Known Member

In regards to my ShowZ parts requests that I've had to do, I've had to do 4:
    One in April, this one is currently being shipped as of a week ago;
    Two in May that I got a message that the process was started, and they're both Toyworld (and it's my understanding from other board members that they will probably take forever or potentially not happen);
    One from July that I got an email that the process was started but haven't heard anything else.

I would agree with others that say that the main drawback I've had with you guy's after sales service is not really hearing anything after the initial request and wondering if I got lost in the shuffle. Given that you said earlier in the thread that you guys never take the request off of your list until it's complete, I would also say that just an email maybe once a month or so with an update, even if it's just something like 'hey we're still waiting on the manufacturer, we last contacted them on X date' or something would go a long way. I know we can email in to check the status, but I know a lot of people don't want to feel like they're harassing you about it/don't feel like they should have to constantly ask.

• Like Like x 4
  3. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Jane is a nice lady, I deal with her a few times during parts replacement. But it seems to me that she don't understand the toys or transformers overall very well. (Which is understandable, since you will need to be man-child or nerd to really get into the details of this hobby).

Yeah, your review section is kind of useless right now.
    1 -- pre-order item shouldn't have review section at all. Right now your comments and review section are the same area, so it's confusing.

2 -- the incentives are too low for people to write details of true feeling.
    "You can get 16 points for this comment and 30 points for each like you get. "
    I think most of us have a job to ear money for this hobby, maybe support family too. Personally I won't spend 10 minutes of my time to ear 16 points, which is equal to $0.16. If I want to write review, it's either because I really love that figure or truly hate it, not because of this amount of incentives.

• Like Like x 5
  4. ShowZStore

ShowZStore Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    I agree about part 2, but we have nothing else to motivate people share their thoughts. All we can do is give a little points....
    Do you have other ideas?

5. thedicemaster

thedicemaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    points for likes could probably still be made to work, if proper substantive reviews get displayed more prominently than loose comments.

i still think there needs to be separate sections for discussion and reviews.
    aliexpress for example has a section near the top of a product's description just for reviews from confirmed purchases, and under the product description there's a section where people can ask questions and get answers from other customers(even those that haven't purchased anything)

points for likes just don't work when the good reviews have to fight their way up through a year's worth of comments and questions posted before the release.

what i'd do:
    add a check that only people who had a product shipped can review that product.
    put these reviews above the detailed product description, but have only the review scores and titles in view unless a customer expands the review box.
    have a separate forum-like section at the bottom of the page where anyone can comment and discuss even if they don't make a purchase.
    and give reward points only to the people placing the actual reviews.

maybe even separately highlight the reviews with photos(photos displayed as a thumbnail unless expanded)

by bringing more attention to actual reviews in this way, people will be more inclined to read and "like" the useful reviews resulting in more rewards for well written reviews.

• Like Like x 4
  6. The Happenin Rhinoceros

The Happenin Rhinoceros TEAM MONKEY PANTS FOREVER

I'd say a better idea would be to have two separate tabbed section, one for reviews and the other for comments. There is absolutely no reason they should be mixed together in the first place. Separating them would take much less programmatically speaking than trying to weight confirmed purchase reviews and sort them to the top.

• Like Like x 1
  7. thedicemaster

thedicemaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it's nothing to do with weight.
    in my idea free discussion is tied to a forum-like system on the bottom that is separate from the current comment/review system, and a purchase check is added to the review system to prevent people from misusing the review system as a discussion system.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BulletSponge

BulletSponge A guy with way too many toys...

@ShowZStore
    I know I have mentioned this more than once in the boards here, as have others.

Let me try to be as helpful, yet as objective as possible. If I offend anyone (and yes, I know some of the people on the forum here are guilty of some of the below), sorry???

1. Create a DEDICATED spot for ACTUAL reviews. REMOVE the "comments". When is the last time you opened up the review tab on Amazon or whatever to check what people think about a product THAT HASNT EVEN BEEN RELEASED YET?!?! You dont.
    I get annoyed when I open up a page for a preoder, and what do you know... It ALREADY has 10 5-Star reviews. It's a damn good thing so many time travelers from the future have this in hand and can provide such a glowing review for this widget that wont be released for another year or two. I can preorder this knowing I'll NEVER end up with a XTB - Locke. Oh Wait...

2. You should NEVER reward people for posting comments on your site. You are a retailer, not a TFW site. PERIOD. By doing this, you are simply giving money to people that game the system. Look at the users with 500+ "likes". Their comments are "this is rad" or some dumb $hit like that. They get likes because they have a friend that ALSO posts similar unhelpful comments, and what do you know, you now paid out (16 + 30) x 2 (sometimes more). What did YOU as the store owner get out of that interaction? LOSS OF MONEY.

3. Give points to REVIEWS that get LIKES. This rewards thorough reviews. If you want to have people post ACTUAL reviews, you should take all those points you give out to mindless dribble and put them to people who actually take the time to put out reviews. Do you need to give out a TON of points? No, but 100\200 would be fair. LIKES on REVIEWS should be given points as an incentive for providing helpful reviews.

4. ShowZ should have the ability to "Approve" any review before it goes live.
    WHY? This will cut down on the fluff reviews and allow you to have a TRUE feedback system.
    I caution you though, if you don't approve a review that gives an item a poor review, be well aware that people on this forum will SHARE that detail. So while Jane may have a lot of work on her plate, adding more reviews to someone whose primary language is NOT English may filter out REAL reviews for an item that really is a quality terd. Again, I'm looking at you XTB-Locke.

You asked for feedback, and I'm giving you an honest answer.
    I know a lot of others on this board feel the same but may not care enough to reply.
    Nobody on this site wants to beat you down, so consider this a way for us as a community to help you manage your store, reduce unnecessary expenses (which in turn allows you to keep low prices), and actually have one of the few TF sites with REAL customer reviews.

You will never be able to replace the actual video reviews out there, but if you had meaningful reviews of products, you will have one leg up from some of the other stores.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
  9. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe in addition to the points, you can introduce a raffle system.
    1. People write an approved review will get a raffle ticket. ShowZ store will approve the review to avoid review like "good toy" and give the digital raffle ticket, just a number will be enough
    2. on Your website, open a new page, on it each month a video will be uploaded showing how the number winning the price was draw, and announce the player's name with the link to his review, so people can trust this system.
    3. The price can be just a toy from your store.

For me, a chance to win a free transformer worth more than just 16 cents. Thus encourage people actual write useful reviews.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TransformerFanatic

TransformerFanatic When a spark goes online, there is great joy...

BBTS shipped me a brand new Takara MP because mine had a defect. All I had to do was return the old one with a shipping label that BBTS payed for and provided. It was a VERY good experience.

TFSource - no issues with figures from there so far. So nothing to report.

TCP has given me the runaround on bad figures - they are the ABSOLUTE WORST in my opinion. I disavow them.

ShowZ service is pretty good. So far you have gotten me MANY 3P parts. It would be better if ShowZ could offer some sort of after-sales service for Takara products (I don't think you do, anyways...). I buy all my 3P products from you. I buy all my Takara products at other places just in case I have an issue. Overall I'm happy with your service, I wish I felt more comfortable buying Takara products from you though.

RobotKingdom actually got me some Takara spare parts. They must hold back stock and scrap some. Expensive. Their prices are always higher but I feel comfortable buying Takara figures from them.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Onslaught95

Onslaught95 Well-Known Member

I would agree with most of these sentiments.

Is the purpose of the section under the landing page is meant to be strictly for product information with limited personal opinions of the sale items? Then at the least it should be separated from the broader more social comments that could start a conversation and drive a different type of site traffic.

I would also agree that only the actual reviews with star ratings be eligible for points and that while keeping the initial incentive low ( I think that while the motivation is questionable the idea of incentivizing the reviews should drive more people to actually place reviews that aren’t in the absolute hate or love categories that usually dominate the review sections on other sites ) perhaps likes could get a higher number of points by allowing stacking of those points, ala 15 points per like x 10 likes = 150 points. While putting more restrictions in place; if possible, on the ability to like posts like no more than x number of likes for one member in a given time period.

I would buy from your site regardless of if these points were given, but I do spend a lot more time on it than I would if this did not exist. That extra time has directly led to me making more purchases. I also use the social media points program which definitely has more rules that make those posts closer to full on reviews. Those posts have driven traffic to your site and I would not have made those posts without that program since my time is limited. It makes me feel more connected to your site and more loyal as a result.

One final note, while the comments for items that aren’t released yet are not helpful for review seekers, if the site had a comment section for the items dedicated to rumors and release info, etc that sometimes winds up in these comments, that is actually pretty useful and would never be considered a review. It is more akin to TFW, but you may be surprised by the amount of potential buyers that are unaware of this resource and others like it.

12. ShowZStore

Facebook:
    i still think there needs to be separate sections for discussion and reviews.
    aliexpress for example has a section near the top of a product's description just for reviews from confirmed purchases, and under the product description there's a section where people can ask questions and get answers from other customers(even those that haven't purchased anything)
    -Yes. I'll think about this, this is a good idea but push the website company finish it needs a lot of time

put these reviews above the detailed product description, but have only the review scores and titles in view unless a customer expands the review box.
    -We can make this first, would be easier

13. The Happenin Rhinoceros

The Happenin Rhinoceros TEAM MONKEY PANTS FOREVER

I misundetstood...I thought you meant have them together and push the reviews to the top. You meant two separate sections at the bottom.

14. ShowZStore

Facebook:
    Thank you very much for the feed back.

About the first part, in fact we have a buyer review mark but for all the reviews made before this function online, they are all marked as buyers review(sad, but this is how the system works)
    So when time goes by, you will see real buyer's review more offten

About the 4th, we dont want to approve or check any review either before it goes live. We only remove malicious comments/review. Jane is doing this job and I don't think she's doing it well cause she moved some low rated real reviews before. We changed the people so hope it will help to make the review section more objective
    :) 

hahah
    Interesting but a lot of work to do to make it real
    Ill note it in my waiting list(We have a long waiting list for all the functions we wanna add in our website)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Atomic Tofu

Atomic Tofu Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    I just have a slight problem with this because there are groups or teams of people that like the basal comments just to get those point in there...but a fix is better than nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  16. BulletSponge

BulletSponge A guy with way too many toys...

You didn't read bullet 4.
    That covers this item.

You absolutely must have item 4. This is what protects you from foul language and fake reviews.
    Either this or a 3 strikes and you are out concept with creating reviews.

Unless you have a way to control or report unhelpful reviews which in turn flags them for removal, most of us here would rather not have that section at all. And guess what, if a review gets removed, so do those points that we given... what ever happened to the thumbs down option? Bring that back.
    (Again, best way to protect yourself is to have a review gate keeper)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2021
  17. Atomic Tofu

Atomic Tofu Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    That just diverts energy awake from services that could be better rendered. :) 

18. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Bratwurst in Disguise

News Credits:
    I'm going to start roasting my coworkers in public forums too. Susan is obnoxious and is shit at scheduling meetings.

• Like Like x 11
  19. ShmoopsMcGoo

ShmoopsMcGoo Well-Known Member

Gawd don't even get me started on Susan.

• Like Like x 3
  20. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Hey @ShowZStore I thought you said no info on these, and then MPP-36 pops up on the website today, lol!;) :) 

• Like Like x 1