Show.Z Store

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by black prime, Mar 24, 2018.

1. ShowZStore

ShowZStore Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    You see the express shipping items?
    That's new shipping method
    Carried by SF express
    We are still testing them with different items to find the best item to ship.
    They charge by volume so it's very expensive for large packages

Glad to hear
    You know it's way more expensive than regular shipping so I bet it worth it.

10 days seems not enough for it to get on board....
    Has to wait more days...

No.
    No listing will include extra shoulder thrusters.
    I guess they will sell the them separately

7USD is for items less than 2kg
    Will still be shipped via cnexpress

What we are testing is SF express for items over 2kg

Contact [email protected] directly

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2020
  2. djtfmd

djtfmd Well-Known Member

@ShowZStore - can you give the option to buy with free shipping still, and just hold the order until free shipping becomes available again?

$7 shipping is too much for the figures I want to buy, so I just can't buy anything from you right now. if a free shipping option were still available (with the understanding that delivery estimate is unknown), then at least your customers can still place some orders from you right now (kind of like a pre-order actually)... :D 

3. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok. I know Taobao used to use SF Express back in 2017-2018 for USA customers. The shipping time was very fast like EMS. In my area the final delivery was handled by UPS (not USPS). It was quite nice.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    $7 shipping is a dealbreaker? Jeez, how spoiled have we become?

• Like Like x 10
  5. Zebulon

Zebulon Well-Known Member

I wasn't going to say it, but yeah if $7 in shipping is the deal breaker then uhhhh. Especially given the context for why that $7 has been instituted.

• Like Like x 6
  6. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Does it come in purple?

News Credits:
    This right here

• Like Like x 4
  7. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Maybe that's a question we should ask the people who apparently can throw away seven usd in these economically hard times.

It's not like ShowZ isn't providing exactly the service he's asking for (at least that's how I understand it) because they understand that seven usd is a lot of money for some people.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Optimango232

Optimango232 Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20200418-220919_Instagram.jpg

Seems TWF09 Freedom Leader is ready for some form of release soonish...maybe.

Any word on whether this will sit withing the 2kg shipping limit? Would be stoked to get finally.

Hope you all are well over at Showz too, staying safe and sound. Keep up the good work!

• Like Like x 4
  9. MonsterMash

MonsterMash Well-Known Member

@ShowZStore does the $7 shipping fee to the USA apply to each item or the whole order if there are multiple items in the order (assuming the whole order is under 2kg)?

10. rotten2shot

rotten2shot H8RED

well the way I see it, if $7 is a lot of money for you then
    1. You should rethink your priorities and maybe shouldn’t collect things that’s going to put you in a hardship financially that would affect your well being.
    2. $7 really isn’t that expensive coming from over seas, sure it might suck for the current moment but it’s definitely not a deal breaker. Also robotoybase charges for shipping, but your items get to you in a week or less and not at least a month with free shipping.
    3. Yes I’ll pay $7 for shipping but, when There was a time when I didn’t make money or was on hard times I bought what I needed and not what I didn’t. So yeah at that point $7 Is a lot of money and I’d spend it for food over $7 for shipping. Priorities!
    ID shop around a little and add prices with shipping and most of the time it’s close or the same price with a store that offered free shipping.
    I’m not saying people are that poor but if your pinching pennies or worried about $7 to survive and can’t afford to pay $7 for shipping, like I said before then you should get your priorities straight.

• Like Like x 5
  11. svek

svek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We are facing a global crisis and times of massive unemployment. 7$ could not be "a dealbreaker" but it is another thing we're going to pay more for. And assuming that the trend of companies (both official and 3P) raising prices will continue... Well, hopefully things will return back to normal soon.

• Like Like x 4
  12. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN … beating a dead horse with a broken record, LoL!

News Credits:
    wow, some of you guys are really something talking like an extra $7 USD is nothing. i'm a price conscious person in this hobby with a budget in mind. even before this pandemic and the price increase shops are adding to cover the sudden shipping chaos and associated increased costs, i shopped around for the best price i can get and was mindful of the ever fluctuating US currency exchange that i have to account for with every purchase. exchange has jumped up around 10% for me right now, add another $5-7 USD shipping increase, that's approx about an additional 20% increase in cost for a figure that was $50 USD with shipping included before.

some of us choose to be more selective on their purchases, be it for financial reasons, or just a matter of being frugal with their buying decisions and the added challenge of trying to get the best price. just because you have deep pockets and can throw money into this hobby like there's no tomorrow, who are you to cast shame on others who put limits on their shopping but are still trying to enjoy the hobby just as much as you?

*shesh* ppl should really be less ignorant/arrogant in applying their standards to others, and instead be more understanding that not everyone thinks/behave/live the way you do.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Depends on what you're buying. For a $150 mp figure, tacking on $7 isn't much. For a $30 legends figure, $7 is more than a 25% markup over what you'd otherwise be paying. Remember that for some people these are still just toys and it's hard to justify spending that kind of money on something so frivolous.

That's not to say that I have any problem with the shipping increase. I mean I don't like it, of course, but I understand it, I support showZ's decision to do it, and I'll continue buying from them. Gotta do what it takes, y'know? But I also don't think it's fair to judge someone too harshly because they think it pushes some toys over the limit of being worth the purchase.

[Edit] Sniped.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  14. The Happenin Rhinoceros

The Happenin Rhinoceros TEAM MONKEY PANTS FOREVER

Not anymore. I placed an order with Robotoybase on March 25 and it still hasn't left Hong Kong. Extremely ticked about that since there was no warning on their site about delays, etc. When I pay $25 for shipping, I expect better. I get that things are different right now,, but when I complained it was clear in their emails that they knew about the delays and said nothing up front.I went back and forth with them for a few days with them not understanding I didn't want them to magically make the package move, I wanted them to put a freaking warning up so others wouldn't get burned like I did. They finally took shipping to the US off their site altogether.

At least ShowZ is being transparent and honest about everything. If they need to charge to get things to us, so be it. If $7 is too rich for you, take your chances with free shipping somewhere else. Just don't expect it anytime soon, if at all.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Hawkwave

Hawkwave Well-Known Member

No idea what this weighs but Civil Warrior's General Grant is like 1.8 Kilos. So I'd say chances are good it's under 2kg.

16. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Does it come in purple?

News Credits:
    If $7 is a lot of money for someone then they're in the wrong hobby. And I'm not saying that to be a condescending dick. This is a high dollar hobby and nothing we buy is essential or even useful in a practical sense. It's toys. So yeah, I do feel like $7 is rather inconsequential when a lot of us are spending a few hundred a month on this stuff. Even more so when it's to cover shipping from across the world for a toy when the planet is going a bit nuts.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Hawkwave

Hawkwave Well-Known Member

I think the real issue with $7 shipping is that a lot people shop Showz to save money. If they got the figure locally they paid more, but they get the figure faster. To get the cheaper price they have to wait longer for the figure and if there is an issue they will have added wait time dealing with it. So when you add that $7 to cost the buyer starts to debate getting the figure locally. And for those who already preordered/bought the figure it irritates them, leading to complaints (not that they are all rational ones).

I love showz, I prefer them over every other option. But their business would not exist if you could buy these figures locally at the same prices. The added $7 shipping hurts them in their greatest selling point

That all being said the world is a shit show right now and a little understanding goes a long way. From compairing Showz prices and taobao prices Showz has a very small profit margin. They can't stay viable without the shipping increase. For us the $7 is a minor irritation. For Showz considering the economic downturn we are facing it could be their entire livelyhood.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Can't argue with that. I just felt the "spoiled" tag was a little out of place.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    @ShowZStore, could you please check order #20032502550963 for me?

There's been no movement in 20 days.

20. The Happenin Rhinoceros

The Happenin Rhinoceros TEAM MONKEY PANTS FOREVER

And $7 is still cheaper than paying a 20-30% markup for domestic sellers, plus tax, plus shipping.

• Like Like x 3