Show off your 3P legends scale figures here!

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by CVprowl, Jul 14, 2016.

1. ICEPnguin

ICEPnguin Constructicon

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Don't mind me just turning myself on.
    20201106_142723.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  2. ManelFigures

ManelFigures Picklejho

Instagram:
    NA Megatron has better proportions.
    MST Megatron has better design.

I really like both but I keep MST on the front of my Decepticons. I have the NA mold in pistol form, but is full of gaps.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

Better design is somewhat opinionative imo, kind of like "best" over "favourite", the engineering for the money is certainly in MSTs favour but its a mess of travel linkages and not really fun IMO, while the NA version is very, very impressive in its intuition and is a fun transformation once you have ran through it just a couple of times. N

Im also not a fan of the dreamwave chonky Megatron personally but like buttholes we all have an opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ManelFigures

ManelFigures Picklejho

Instagram:
    Yes, certainly I like both. But as you said, obviously opinions are opinions...

• Like Like x 4
  5. Zherneboh

Zherneboh BRAVE BOMBER

Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Scout Masters
    PicsArt_11-08-01.20.39.jpg PicsArt_11-08-01.45.38.jpg PicsArt_11-08-01.42.46.jpg PicsArt_11-08-01.28.26.jpg

• Like Like x 33
  6. RedEG6

RedEG6 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  7. IronMachine

IronMachine Well-Known Member

It's a dead race between these two versions they are good, and why not have them both? :) 

• Like Like x 5
  8. Zherneboh

Zherneboh BRAVE BOMBER

Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Thanks man, that means a lot! I'm really trying to push my 3p G1 legends agenda now:D  I love 'em!

Hmm, yes, it's tricky with the Jungle variants. It's a bloody cool figure either way if you get the NB edition or not, I'm very happy with my Jungle Commander:cool:  mind you i'd totally get the Nuclear B if I had the budget!:p 

• Like Like x 5
  9. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

point

• Like Like x 2
  10. ManelFigures

ManelFigures Picklejho

Instagram:
    • Like Like x 6
  11. IronMachine

IronMachine Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 5
  12. Zherneboh

Zherneboh BRAVE BOMBER

Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Thank you amigos!! I really appreciate your support and kind words!<3 Photoing these beauties is helping me keep a smidge of creativity and hobby fun going on in my life. It's been especially important in 2020:D 

• Like Like x 9
  13. Galdelico

Galdelico Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Hey, Legeds family, I was wondering, did anyone here ever try to pair their Magic Square figures (I use those as a reference because I'm mostly collecting MST, right now) with a Masterpiece Omega Supreme?

I'm asking because I love G1 Omega Supreme, it's easily one of my favourite bots in the entire series, and - leaving canon scaling aside for a second - I figured something like DX9 Gabriel should look pretty amazing, as a backdrop in a Magic Square display.

Apologies in advance if I'm being blasphemous, I'm still new to all this. XD

• Like Like x 3
  14. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I think he absolutely would look awesome as a background figure, but at that scale (assuming blurred for perspective), he'd seem more like Metroplex' size to me. I don't think you'd want to go bigger than siege omega for legends, but ofc, that is your prerogative.
    For reference:
    Show off your 3P legends scale figures here!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Norita man

Norita man Well-Known Member

Well when I began my legends collection , I went with mft omega, and I thought he was too small.when I saw this awesome picture, I knew I had to go with siege. Here is the photo of siege omega next to mft optimus, iro factory jazz new age iron hide and mft dinobots I think (not sure with dx9) [​IMG]

And for good measure here is a display with mft omega (not my picture)
    [​IMG]
    For me omega should be bigger than combiner like in that dream wave comics cover. Hope it helps

• Like Like x 7
  16. Hawkwave

Hawkwave Well-Known Member

Yep MFTs Omega is too small. The 2nd picture is my old display. I did not like the scale of any of the existing or upcomming legends combiners so I went with hasbro combiners.

Hasbro's Omega is too big (g1) scale wise but it will still look good. But if you were to pair it with citybots and combiners it'll look off.

I'm personally debating adding the planet x omega to my legends display, but I run into the style looking too off.
    20200816_174003.jpg

Buy I am buying it regardless, love its looks. If I can get it on the shelf without it looking horrible I'll post picks.

If they made an undersized KO of the siege omega I would be all over it.

• Like Like x 8
  17. Galdelico

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Oh wow, some insanely dope displays, in this thread!
    My only problem with Siege Omega is...

...well represented in this photo. The size - at least for my tastes - is just spot on, but, as much as I dig Siege's design, I still believe it's too much for G1 Legends. it's quite a big deal, to me, to keep the collection cohesive, in terms of overall aesthetics. You can pick up slight differences in design even looking at MST figures only (some are 'more' G1 than others), but in the end they all manage to look quite organic. Throw a Siege in there, and it sticks out immediately, to me. That's the reason why I thought about DX9 Gabriel... To me, it's the most accurate G1 Omega, even more than Fans Toys', imo.

That's awesome... One day I'll manage to add those saucy MFT Dinobots to my collection as well (even though I think I prefer the toon/comic colour variant).

Thank you guys!

Edit - Your updated display is phenomenal, @Hawkwave. The shelf-presence of those Combiners is outstanding. I wish MFT Menasor will manage to look as substantial, in a similar context

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  18. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I totally get that. I mix in iron factory with mine, so my brain can reconcile the toon/earth bots with the stylized/cybertronian bots... otherwise, yeah, OCD would break my brain :D 

• Like Like x 1
  19. ICEPnguin

ICEPnguin Constructicon

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    20201109_163541.jpg
    2 of these are masterpiece and 1 is a good effort. You decide.

• Like Like x 16
  20. Galdelico

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, I guess I'll get there as soon as I'll start mixing up brands too.
    I'm now waiting for the MST Nemesis Prime and Beachcomber/Seaspray set to arrive, after which my Magic Square display will be pretty much complete and up to date... Not 100%, though, because I won't be getting the Powermaster Optimus Prime, and I decided to skip all the recolors, aside from Soundblaster and the aforementioned Nemesis Prime. Plus, for Ultra Magnus and Blaster I preferred the Mech Fans Toys oversized KOs.
    I've already got rhe Arcee/Kup 2-pack from DX9 and - although I'm starting to believe it got lost somewhere, on its way over here - I also ordered Mech Fans Toys Astrotrain. So, yeah, I guess it's time to expand the scope of my collection, now. :D 

• Like Like x 1