Show & Discuss Your Ride 2.0... Cost when purchased, etc.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Razerwire, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

Car looks good, not feelin the hood, a bit too much for me but if you like that's all that matters. I kinda want a new hood as well but I just want something that's non carbon fiber and is functional like something vented with heat extraction as the turbos generate a lot of heat. That's one of the big knocks on my car is the stock fake hood scoops.

What kinda numbers do a stock 5.0 put down? Reason I'm asking is that I know of a guy with a modded Kia Stinger (what I own) and I personally saw him crush a gt350, which I'm guessing have more power than the standard 5.0.

2. Coldiron

Coldiron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Relating to my car I am doing a video series where I do a study of the car and work on choosing and designing body kit components.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    A current stock GT350 (526hp) has 66 more hp than a current stock 5.0 GT (460hp).
    Quarter mile times for a stock GT350 average low 12s, GT should be mid 12s. A stock Stinger GT RWD should hit high 12s, low 13s. A Stinger GT AWD seems to be a little slower, around mid 13s.

4. Transmetal

Didn't mean a stock stinger. My car is stock, the race I saw was a stock gt350 and a modded Stinger. Awd but definitely wasn't stock. I'm sure he has quite a few bolt ons and a tune

• Like Like x 1
  5. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I saw, and was just giving a baseline.
    I'm sure it was cool to see.

6. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    Body shop says they're still on track to have my car done next Friday. I kinda hope they can get it done a day or two early but because of my fucked up work schedule for the foreseeable future I won't be able to pick it up until next Saturday.

7. Transmetal

Gotcha!
    I thought the gt350 had more power. Either way, that thing sounded mean. Nice kill for the Stinger.

• Like Like x 1
  8. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    35E13441-2426-4848-A91B-CC7B2C7A1182.jpeg
    Like it or not , its definitely been breaking necks :lol 

and yea once i finish the wrap for this car i think you’ll like how the hood looks alot more. But damn that kia was definitely modded to hell.

i Raced a full bolt on BMW and i gapped him easily.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    (I originally posted this over the Automotive thread, but this is the more appropriate thread, so I’m moving it here).
    I’ve been looking for a car for a few months now. I was specifically looking for Toyota Crown Estate, so my only option was Japanese auctions. I recently found one that fit most of my criteria. I would have preferred dark blue but a white one in this condition was worth a bid. Well I just found out I got it. It’s a 2002 with 148,000kms with a NA 1JZ I6 and AWD.
    I’m planning on turbocharging it in a few years which should liven it up a fair bit. I’m looking into options of rebuilding the stock engine or just buying a complete 1JZGTE. There’s another version of the same car that’s 2WD with the turbo’d 1JZ, so it shouldn’t be reinventing the wheel to do the swap. We’ll see how things go but in the meantime it’ll be a great run about or a once a week commuter when I have to go back into the office for meetings again.
    I’m quite excited but like a preordered MP TF, I’ll have to wait for it to come in from Japan. I’m sure I’ll post some updates once I have it landed and on Canadian roads.
    50B0F64F-C3DF-43E4-AC60-CD627B2B5C84.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  10. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    I still don't have my car back. Body shop kept telling me they were on track to finish it last Friday. Then last Thursday they tell me there are parts on indefinite backorder and they have no idea when it will be done.

11. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Pacific Coast Auto just posted the video of my new Crown Estate:

Looks great in the video. I can't wait to get it over to Canada... I will wait because I have to but I don't want to wait. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  12. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    She's finally back in my possession.
    20210226_083413.jpg
    Welcome home Sascha.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Looking good! Happy to see you finally have your ride back.

14. TenScaryMonkeys

TenScaryMonkeys Can You Believe How Great These Pants Look?

... A Japanese market, 6 cyl, 4WD, Toyota station wagon. What a fabulous set of adjectives THAT is. Any clue if that nav system will actually work on the other size of the Pacific? Really surprised at how responsive it was in that walk-through.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I don't believe the Nav. will work over here but it does work off CDs. So, if there's a way to get North American maps on a compatible CD, it may just be possible. It's one of the things that I want to investigate once I have the car here but I'm not getting my hopes up.

• Like Like x 1
  16. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    So I get my car back. I pull up in the garage and the headlight kick on cause it's dark in there. Tells me I have a headlight out (on the side of the impact). I think, "how did the bodyshop not make sure both headlights worked before releasing the car to me?" but oh well, easy fix.

So Saturday I take a look, and I realize there's some work involved just to get to the headlight. Manual says to just take it to the dealership. So I do. They want almost $250 to do it. Tell me it will take 1.5 hours of labor to do. I say no thank you and leave.

So yesterday I decided I'm gonna give it a shot myself. I had the headlight removed in about 15 minutes. 15 more and I had the new one installed and everything put back together. Can't believe the dealership tried to tell me it would be an hour and a half. But that didn't fix the problem. Turns out it must be a wiring issue. So I get to call the bodyshop and ask them what they did wrong. And give the car back for who knows how long so they can fix it.

But on the plus side, I finally got started on the last little touch I wanted to add to it.
    20210302_160127.jpg 20210302_160116.jpg
    Black rims will look so much better than silver.

17. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Picked it up two years ago after sourcing it in Japan. It's a Toyota Chaser.

If you're familiar with the Crown posted earlier this is the slightly smaller car with similar engine/drive train options. This particular one is the Tourer V so it's the 1JZ-GTE, 5 speed R154 gear box, torsen diff in pearl white.

DSC_0463.JPG DSC_0464.JPG

• Like Like x 7
  18. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    B8929D42-041E-4351-B563-7FE94E19BF1E.jpeg
    haven’t done nothing to my baby since like January but ill start at it again. Those sales are worth the wait ..

• Like Like x 2
  19. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Very nice!
    Why did it take so long to get it?

20. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It took a total of 3 months from the Japanese auction to UK roads. It had to be deregistered, shipped, registered in England and pass inspection. Before I could drive it legally. 99% of that time it was just sitting on a ship slowly making its way halfway around the world.

• Like Like x 3