Shoutout to Transformer Sellers who go Above and Beyond

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Havocmech, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Havocmech

Havocmech Well-Known Member

We hear all the time about rouge sellers, or poor service from Transformers sellers. But what about those who strive to excel? How often do we say "thank you" to them for going above and beyond?

This thread is to say thanks to any and all sellers who have gone above and beyond. Tell your stories of when a figure arrived broken or missing a part, when the breakage occurred after opening the figure and the seller found you a replacement. Whatever the story, let us know about the positive experiences with sellers- wherever they might be.

The only rule would be to keep rants about bad sellers to a minimum (plenty of other places for that on this site). If you mention an experience to contrast the great seller, that is fine. Just make sure the focus of the post is on the positive experience a seller provided

My latest story of a seller going above and beyond: Bababobo

I recently started on TFC Posiedon, and had a couple of the limb bots. Bababobo had a killer deal on Ironshell ($120.00 shipped), so I grabbed him right away. Anyone who has worked with Bababobo knows how great the transactions are- high quality packaging, reasonably fast shipping, the works. Anyway, my Ironshell arrived with 2 left hands. Even with the deep discount that Bababobo gave already, when I reported the issue to him he arranged a right hand to be sent to me within a couple of weeks. Frankly I do not know how he can provide prices like these, and replacements so quickly. Thanks again Bababobo.

Other stories will follow...

• Like Like x 4
  2. SpiderManchild

SpiderManchild Banned

I've had nothing but great service from them too. I messaged them to tell them a box had been crushed in shipping and they just gave me a partial refund I didn't even ask for. Then I ordered from them again and it came with some gnarly plastic corner protectors taped on and the box was pristine.

• Like Like x 1
  3. robh

robh Decepticon

My favorite thing about toy dojo is the communication. I'm shopping at a mom and pop that just happens to ship stuff to me. Best of both worlds.

• Like Like x 2
  4. solskjaer

solskjaer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe since most 3-rd party companies are based in China, in fact, baba will be able to contact them much faster (and of course communicate much better because of the use of same language) than most US based retailers.

My experience with Baba is awesome. He has NEVER, I really mean NEVER, missed any of my messages. I have purchased numerous times form him (Thank you Ebay flash deal) and once I got Badcube Brawny which came without the tank shell and gun. I contacted Baba with pics to show what are missing. Baba sent them to me within two weeks for free and he even included a tracking number. Baba is probably the only China seller I will purchase from. With him, I know if anything is wrong, he is willing to take care of it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Smirker

The Smirker I Hate Sam Darnold

I sold my hftd lockdown to a friend of mine in school. Does that count?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Havocmech

Any seller who provides great service. If your friend wants to give you kudos for that, it's fair game.

7. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    I traded a Sega Genesis for an Emerson (shit) boombox in the 6th grade. The kid tried to get it back the next day. Apparently, his gave him the belt.

... I never gave it back.

• Like Like x 1
  8. The Smirker

The Smirker I Hate Sam Darnold

Dude....

9. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Well, Theres a grace period.

I actually don't remember how I got out of keeping it.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Starskreem

Starskreem Well-Known Member

ordered a tfc hercules ko v2 from an ebay seller named ttruong2485. she use to have a decent list of tfs at decent prices.. but her list has gone down and her prices have gone up..
    anyway, scrappers arm was missing, just the portion from the elbow to the hand. i told her and sent her the pics she requested. at first she acted like i was looking for money back or a discount, but i was like, naw, i just want the piece. she said she would send a replacement piece for the arm. a few weeks go by and a second near complete tfc hercules ko v2 (missing weapons and crane attachment) arrives in the post.

i thanked her for going above and beyond... she was like yeah yeah.. get your friends to buy..

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Havocmech

Here's another one:

TFSource- I had FansToys Soar for about a week, when it took a nosedive off a shelf, six feet to the floor. Sure enough, the left leg sheared off at the hip. I was about ready to sell it on eBay for parts, but decided to at least try with TFS. I admitted very openly, that the figure arrived intact and it was my stupidity that caused the fall. TFS requested pictures of the broken hip piece, and within two weeks send me a replacement. Again the broken hip was completely my fault, and I said as much in the email, as well as a line stating that if that made me ineligible for a replacement I totally understood. Nevertheless, TFS sent me the part to repair my dumb mistake (and did not charge shipping). Say what you will about TFS but that was above and beyond!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Havocmech

Great story!

13. Nebokalypse

Nebokalypse Well-Known Member

I agree with Bababobo's service. For far, his shipments are the fastest; I`ve ever recieved from china. The packaging is always great (I've never had a dented box). As for after-sale-service: I bought the YM Data Clerk from him, and when the figure arrived, one of the guns was missing. I contacted Baba, and got the missing gun about two and a half weeks later (which is quite fast, considering some orders from china take up to 6 weeks).

• Like Like x 2
  14. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    My Data Clerk was missing a leg panel. I had two exchanges with Baba and he still couldn't figure out what I was talking about. I gave up.

He is usually on point, though.

15. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

Matthew Camaratta at Transformerland.com. Always attends to my orders personally, curteous and quick, and after 7 years of dealing with the guy I've never had a single complaint about the service. The postage I've always said could be better but that's USPS and FedEx rates, not something he controls.

His prices are reasonable, the figures are good quality (and he's honest about any defects or discoloration).

A recent incident with Paypal had a good transaction with him charged back in error, but he was very understanding and I forwarded him the refund as soon as I had the funds back in my account, because I will 100% keep doing business with TFL.

-Kronatron

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gamerbot

Gamerbot Member

I'll contribute to the discussion with a shoutout to Ben from Toybento
    Ordered from his store and for every doubt or question he was always ready and quick to answer, one of the best experience in online buying I've had.

Can't go wrong with Ben and Toybento and above that, he is really a nice person, I'd buy there any day of the week

17. G1Dan

G1Dan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kapow Toys are very good if the box is damaged. They also sent me the wrong order once and allowed me to keep the original whilst sending me the correct order (it was only generations tankor, hideous figure).

18. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Ebay:
    My shout out is to Emily at TF-direct. She goes above and beyond to get replacement parts (even dealing with BadCube) and making sure that the customer is happy. When dealing with sellers in China, it is important to have someone that you can trust who will go to bat for you when something goes wrong.

• Like Like x 1