Shout Beast Wars Season 1 Cover Art

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

Agreed, but I don't see what that has to do with this since it isn't being released in theaters... I assume the G1 DVD sets sold well enough if shout would release this.

Appealing to older fans once in a while doesn't hurt either. What's wrong with releasing older cartoons on DVD?

2. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That cover actually looks pretty cheap. Something I'd find on a HK bootleg version.

I love BW btw :) 

3. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah. Don't understand why it's so hard to create interesting cover art. Even if they're not allowed to create any new art for the cover, and are stuck using screen-caps, there's plenty of material to work with there. This is just a boring layout.

Atari's Greatest Hits vol. 2 ON THE DS
    Wow. I guess I DO see kids playing old Atari games still. And judging from the responses in this thread, I think there's very strong interest in seeing a 20 year old CGI cartoon.

4. X-Brawn

X-Brawn Well-Known Member

I think they're trying to be congruent with their G1 DVD sets... See the design similarities?

5. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    Nnnot really. . .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then we have this:

[​IMG]

I guess I can kind of see what you mean with the leader placed at top and a bunch of troops at bottom. But even so the similarities don't seem all that striking to me. Plus the BW cover only features mugshots and the picture is divided in two by the giant logo, separating Primal from his troops, whereas the G1 covers feature dynamic battle scenes and the logo is up top and out of the way.
    And since they are using screenshots instead of creating new art for the BW cover, everyone seems to be looking off in different directions as though they aren't aware of the other bots there. Just not my thing.

6. Newholl

Newholl Banned

They probably think that it would sell better because it's CGI.

Yes it does, as older fans are simply not big enough market.

Lol, suuuuure they do.

It's just couple of people. Not enough to keep a company in busyness for years.

7. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    Oh did I forget to mention:
    Atari Greatest Hits vol 1
    Sega Genesis Collection
    SNK Classics Collection
    Midway Treasures vol. 1, 2
    THE ENTIRE VIRTUAL CONSOLE FOR WII, PS3, & 360, which archives hundreds of old games.

There's a very large market for retro gaming. Just because you don't play them, doesn't mean it's not a viable market for game companies. Even new games like Megaman 9 and 10 go out of their way to emulate the old 8-bit look of the NES, and those sold like wildfire.

Old cartoons are no different, especially one that receives as much high praise as Beast Wars. There are far older and more obscure cartoons receiving release on dvd. Why should BW be any different?

8. Lacimehc

Or that the Transformers brand is very popular right now and that this could appeal to both old and new fans just like the G1 DVDs did.

Obviously they are or shout wouldn't bother releasing this. I'm pretty sure that these older series aren't just enjoyed by older fans.

9. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    so your more worried about Shout not making any money and would rather not have these made available to fans because of the inherent risk to the owners of Shout factory and their wallets??? I dont understand the point of your comments. If you dont like Beast Wars just say so, if you've never seen them then I dont get the angst. I think its perfect timing, kids are enjoying the Prime series right now and this looks similiar enough. Kid goes to Target looking for Transformers movies and this catches his eye because its familiar to him? Id say genius timing on Shouts part...not to mention thats irrelavent. These are coming out because the fans demanded it and it should sell well. Beast Wars has a huge fan base and following and a lot of us have been wanting updated DVDs for a while.

10. Newholl

Newholl Banned

Just because you play them, doesn't mean that it's a viable market for game companies.

Yes. Movies, Animated and Prime.
    Not G1. Not Beast Wars. And not those Japanese ones.

Modern day kids have different taste.

I don't hate it, I just moved on.

My point is that there is no market for this.
    Fans aren't large enough market to keep a company going on and on for decades.

Prime, not Beast Wars.

Of course it would catch his eye. He just saw him in the movie theater!

11. Lacimehc

Not every kid shares the same taste in everything. Transformers as a whole is popular right now and anything with the Transformers logo will sell well enough.

Again, these DVDs are clearly being targeted to older fans and shout wouldn't be releasing these if the G1 DVDs didn't sell well. I don't understand why you have such a problem with this. DVDs and toys are two very different things.

12. AntiSperglord

AntiSperglord Member

Evidently not, since you won't stop whining about how "there's no market for this" when in fact there is a proven market for old shows on DVD, and this will be the second time Beast Wars has been released in that way. You're also clearly an idiot, since you either refuse to accept that "brand recognition" is a thing or don't understand the concept.

Seriously, this is nothing new and happens all the time when a newer incarnation of a property boosts the overall popularity of the brand. Old fans will buy it and so will new ones.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    You best be. :lol  Always hearing "BEASTIES" shouted in such a hardcore "YEAH" voice just always sounded silly. Thank god the videos I watched religiously when I was little retained the "BEAST WARS" title.

14. Newholl

Newholl Banned

To kids of today, Transformers are:
    -Movies.
    -Animated.
    -Prime.

Again, not Beast Wars.
    It's rather crazy of Shout to do this.

I guess that's why Warner Brothers is manufacturing them on demand... :rolleyes2 

And since you called me an idiot... I've got nothing to say to you anymore... troll.

15. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Ugh. How the hell did this thread turn into, "one of those threads"?

So Shout Factory is crazy. Big deal. Let's just wait and see how the damn things sell before we judge. If they sell well then you'll be eating your words... If they don't sell then we'll be eating our words while watching Beast Wars greatness on out televisions. We all win!

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    No it's not, because it's not targetted at kids, it's targetted at fans. That's like saying it's crazy of Shout to be doing the Japanese G1 series, or hell, even G1 since it's not Movies, Prime or Animated.

You're saying it's crazy for old stuff to be reissued ever, when it's not. If there's demand for it, which there is, they'll make it.

Rock on.

17. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    These sets are coming whether one of us likes it or not. Shout Factory obviously has a valid business model that includes releasing classic (maybe even niche market) series for older fans and collectors. Why is that so difficult to accept/understand?

18. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    Hate to break it to you my young nephews both under 8 years of age love G1 and i am willing to be they will love beast wars as well.

Speak for your self , never presume to speak for all members of an age group.

19. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    *mind is boggled*
    Whatever.

20. AMG

AMG Old School

Looks really nice.