Should we boycott Hybrid Style G1 Convoy?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Nevermore, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it boils down to the fact that Alt's are getting something that people were looking forward to in BT and BTA and suddenly it's been yanked away and the only way they can get it is by buying something that they might feel is an inferiour product.

Thus they are lashing out at the closest item.

2. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

:peoples: 

*looks at the 'boycott Alt. Prime!!1one' thread*

*looks at this thread*

*Goes to stand in the part of the room with the other peeps who plan to buy both*

:confused2 

3. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

That's because people have every right to blame Hasbro for releasing the Ram as Prime. Sure, Takara said they'd only do it if it's Prime, but Hasbro gladly agreed to it and signed off on the project. If someone offers me $50 to punch you in the face who do you blame? The guy who offered me the money, or me for accepting the cash and suckerpunching you while you're sleeping?

4. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

how about I just don't buy either toy because I don't like either of them and we just call it a day?

5. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What's this about Hasbro/Takara thing? I never worried about where my toys came from until I start reading about people complain/praise/worship/bash either company.

I don't think ALT Prime is taking more bashing than THS G1 Convoy is anyway. I am not getting ALT Prime, but THS G1 Convoy. This is not the matter of which toy is better.
    No one's wrong when they choose which toy to buy. I don't need to hear how wrong (or right, for that matter) I am.

6. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I won't be buying Hybrid G1 Prime, because I boycott all TFs with asstacular alt modes.

7. JetBrawn

JetBrawn Intergalactic SUV

it was probably a design that looked good on paper

and then went to first-run prototype.

and went straight to production, horrendous flaws and all.

8. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'll see you there.

9. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    a plausible AND entertaining hypothesis, lad.

:thumb 

10. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

*joins them and brings cake*

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    QFT.

I don't buy Takara because I don't want to pay out the nose for the EXACT same toy that might have a few more blobs of paint on it. Besides I really don't feel it's neccessary to buy the 300 Optimus Primes they feel is neccessary to be released under the Transformers banner. Yeah Binaltech is die cast big whoop. If you feel it's that important to spend that much more money on something, more power to you.

Well, honestly wasn't the news JUST released that Takara scrapped the BT Ginrai? People seem to think it takes 24 hours to produce a ton of toys, get the packaging ready and put the toys into said boxes. Alt Prime goes back to probably the end of 2004 people...this has been long in the making, it's not like Hasbro could've just said "Well, turn off the switch that makes the Prime and go back to the drawing board guys, we need to make a small group of people that don't appreciate anything we give them happy"

12. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I probably would've been looking long and hard at HBS G1 Convoy, before a friend gave me HBS Galaxy Convoy. I was surprised at how poor it was (by my own standard set, anyway), and since I know this G1 Convoy is built on the same design philosohpy of lots of metal and tiny pieces, except not as good looking, I've dropped the vast majorty of any excitement I may have had for the thing.

13. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

Not getting it. Its ugly and thats not prime.

14. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    No. A company that exploits human resources for cheap labor, hurts children, pollutes the environment, kills the spotted owl, causes premature baldness in your private areas -- these are boycott-worthy causes.

Starting a boycott over a freaking toy (or the lack of one) is not.

15. Hook

Hook The real Constructicon leader Veteran

News Credits:
    I am thick-headed and do not take your comments into conisderation. I will buy THS-02 Convoy and will enjoy him and be in denial.

:cry 

16. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Can't wait to buy both actually.

Upon purchasing the GF Convoy Hybrid, a little thought in the back of my nostalgic infested mind wished he was G1 Convoy instead. Now he's a reality and don't understand all the hate towards him. He's what Robotmasters Convoy should have been. A little small , but done right.
    The Prime Alt is cool, but basically just happy to get a new Alt mold. Plus Takara/Hasbro will stick Prime's likeness on anything these days.

I'll skip the boycotting party since Im already pretty used to importing. hehe

Those Hybrids are going to look sweet posed next to MP Exkizer.

17. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    We don't know how long ago Takara asked Hasbro to make him Convoy. It could have been 2 years ago, when he was first getting sculpted, which would have been before Tomy/Takara were working together. We know that TF's don't sell well in Japan, due to them not being human controlled mechs. BT* was trying to fix that, but still couldn't be done fully.

I don't think we should boycott THS-02 G1 Convoy because they're not releasing BT-17 Ginrai, it's not right. They're not related figures. Just go out and buy Alt Optimus Prime. I will miss Black Convoy, but i'll get over it (or pick up a spare...)

18. useless

useless Completely Unreasonable TFW2005 Supporter

Personally I'm getting neither.... both suffer from a number of problems and frankly I don't get the Optimus obsession anyway... Its the other characters I've alwys liked.

I may be the Only TF fan that prefered Alt Ricochet AND Rollbar to Alt Prime. But Honestly Its not just the Prime-ness that louses up that mold, I'd not be surprised to find out it was designed on a shorter timescale as it seems way Sub-Par for an Alternator.

And as for THS-02.... Another Premium Priced G1 prime with a weak alt mode and that has no other TF's he can really interact with? He was on the "Pass" list before he was even shown.

19. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Honestly, I don't know what everyone's problem around here is. Look, if you don't like either than don't buy either... if you don't like one or the other... than pass on the one you don't want.

Alt. Prime, he's alright. Not a great alternator, but he's different than other Prime's and I actually find that I like him. He does seem subpar when compare to many of the figures for the line, but I honestly think most people are expecting way to much from a toy.

As for THS-02... eh... not getting him anyways as I can't afford it right now and there are better things that I can waist about $60 on right now or whatever over priced import fee I'd have to spend. Takara puts out too many Prime's anyways. It'd be nice to see them do more than just Prime's... of course I realize they do, but they just seem way to Prime centric for my tastes most of the time, but hey... Takara got me Star Convoy at a decent price so it isn't all bad.

But I do understand what Nevermore is trying to get at. However, I feel that there's an equal amount on both sides. Hasbro haters and Takara haters. Why doesn't every just pic and choose what they want instead of getting all pissy like little children when something that they don't like is released by either company? Let's all attempt to act like adults even though we're collecting a child's toy.

Doesn't it seem funny that all this whinning and crying is done by a small minority of people whom find themselves so self important that they think a large corporation is going to actually listen to them. Other fandoms are MUCH larger than ours and they can't do much more than we do in regards to actually attempting to affect their respective corporations.

Just food for thought people.

20. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed

Ebay:
    I like G-1 Prime like the next person but I had no intention of getting the toy. I think the Dodge Ram as Prime is pretty stupid but at the same time it does look cool.

Its like Lucas with the 2000 different variations of Darth Vader.