Should use this oppertunity to reboot the franchise

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Dmhead, Aug 18, 2016.

1. TFFan01

TFFan01 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, he means he now has an arm mounted cannon just like his G1 counterpart.

2. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Ah, c'mon you know that's a stretch. You also know he's talking about the character as it appeared/portrayed in the movie.

Toy bios don't really count.

And Michael Bay doesn't have a say in the designs? He's the director. They're HUGELY involved in the visual aspects of movies. The way the characters looked was directly signed off by Bay. You make it sounds like he had almost nothing to do with the designs of the characters.

3. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Impossible.

Remember: Movie BB is considered to be a spitting image of G1 Bee because they are both yellow.

4. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Most likely :rolleyes2 

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Perhaps people just don't watch the extras on their DVDs and Blu Rays or they have never fired up the director's commentary on a movie. A good set of extras will show some of the different looks a movie tried until they found the look where the director was that's it that's what we need.

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Then Drift isn't a Decepticon turncoat.
    [​IMG]

Plus, you are saying that a cornerstone of what made Transformers succeed in the first place - the entire concept of the tech spec - somehow now doesn't apply? Why shouldn't the toy bios be counted?

Stop twisting my words. I said he did not have absolute and final control over the appearances or designs, because I'm sure it wasn't his call to use the Camaro for Bumblebee for instance.

7. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    To play Devil's advocate, it was never stated within the movie thata drift was a turncoat. The average movie goer, someone without our knowledge wouldn't know whether Drift was anything besides a Japanese samurai copter/car.

And I'm sorry if you took my post as a way to twist your words. The way you wrote your post made it seem like Bay was only -barely- tangentially involved with the visual aspect of the transformers themselves. My bad. I wasn't trying to be underhanded.

8. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    A little out of the blue question, but does anyone have the feeling that the current trilogy is the last in TFCU? Hasbro announced their own cinematic universe and it's almost strange that it does not include Transformers (considering the G.I. Joe's history with the brand and current IDW Revolution run). Apart of the initial report of the writers' room there's not much information floating around so I assume that it's another 2-3 years before anything happens. Do you think they want to wrap up the current Transformers run and launch Hasbro CU at its coattails along with rebooted Transformers?

As for the OP post: one of the reasons I like the original G1 was its abundance of characters. So rather than seeing the same characters over and over again I'd rather have them use different characters and expand their role. I'd love to see Cyclonus, Straxus, Jhiaxus or Bludgeon in the movie. Cyclonus would make a prefect second-in-command!

9. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

personally, i have no interest in transformers being apart of any shared universe..it has proven it can stand on it's own & if you thought the transformers didnt get enough screen-time now, you can essentially kiss them goodbye with the influx of a shared universe

10. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Yeah this has more to do with films like Star Wars The Force Awakens and Jurassic World where they take place in the same universe and has nods to the past movies but also stand on their own with no problem.

11. BumblebeeNotOP

BumblebeeNotOP Autobot Second-In-Command

News Credits:
    Looking for a Camaro to get rid of godawful VW Bug
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    For the record, Bay said he chose the camaro because he hates the VW Bug

12. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, I legit LOL-ed when I saw he used THAT particular example.

Bay is EXTREMELY hands-on and involved in the guidance of designs concepts and development throughout every aspect of these films. He's just the director but an executive producer, after all.

13. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    I dunno, maybe there's a toy card back bio that says otherwise somewhere?