Should transformers be susceptible to human bullets

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Tfcollector97, Dec 3, 2021.

?

Should transformers be susceptible to humans bullets

This poll will close on Dec 3, 2031 at 9:34 PM.
  1. Yes

28.4%
  2. No

61.9%
  3. Nah other

14.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Megs

Megs Well-Known Member

Nooooo. No way. This is a far advanced alien species made out of metals we've never known that can withstand the rigors of outer space and constant wat with their own kind. I don't think we could do much of anything to a bot.

• Like Like x 4
  2. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't mind human inventions being able to injure them, as said before, because it adds tension. That said, bullets? Nah. Make a special laser or emp system, something. Make the humans work for it. Make it a real battle. Anyone can pick up a gun and pull a trigger and take down these behemoths in Bay's universe, but let's give both sides a real challenge.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Cyberbot8460

Cyberbot8460 Who The Hell Do You Think I Am?

YouTube (Legacy):
    Hell no.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Rapidfirestormer

Rapidfirestormer Not Even Remotely Dorky

I could see bullets being able to damage optics, but the actual metal parts I'm fairly confident would be bulletproof.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah but like it'll take a lot. Far more then what the movies show.

6. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like how TF07 handled it where we basically accidently discovered something effective

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    No.

Megatron vs army.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  8. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Same, but with a caveat. This was Megatron who in Marvel is incredibly powerful, practically without equal in pure physical strength. Plus, this is a Megatron who was just fully refueled.

In other issues of Marvel weaker Transformers are bothered by human weapons. Not that it kills them or injures them, but it does hinder or sting. For example, when Goldbug and Blaster are hunting the Mechanic, it definitely bothers them to be shot at by humans and Blaster his gun arm is knocked off-target when he gets hit. Likewise, RAAT manages to hurt some of the TF's, but always the weaker ones or when they're in altmode or low on fuel.

To me, human bullets/weapons shouldn't kill TF's unless we're talking about nukes. However, the stronger the weapon and the weaker the TF (either by physical strength or power levels), the more susceptible they should become.

9. Frontier Magnus

Frontier Magnus Well-Known Member

10000% agree with supernova222

I feel that i human-normal-weapons dmg a Cybertronian from the beginning kinda destroy the "plot evolution" for humans in a TF story.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Yeah I agree, unless its like a railgun, no.

Also they shoildnt be stupid enough to fall for our 'advance weapons or tactics. I was so annoyed in the Bay movies how they are an advanced race, but they can't detect when missiles and jets are coming.

Or they have no sense of situational awareness. No holding drfensive positions by the Decepticons.

This is why I enjoyed All Hail Megatron. It felt a bit more logically plausible.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  11. CannonBlaster

CannonBlaster Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Not unless it hits a fragile area

12. Robomaster726

Robomaster726 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Average bullets out of things like standard rifles or handguns, no. Military grade, high powered or experimental stuff, it should be able to injure them within ranges of slowing them down to temporarily disabling them. Not necessarily destroy them unless it's a high yield warhead. Laws of physics at play, every metal (earth based or otherwise) has only so much tolerance to various types of exposure they may face, whether it's weapons fire, high heat, or some other metal damaging agent.

If there's one thing I appreciated about the Bay movies in regards to this, it's that when it came to humans vs TFs, they at least made the logistical choice to aim for areas where they're probably weaker structurally, like joints and gap areas that may be present, especially if they have a chest that protrudes out further than their abdomen, like Blackout.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Cyberbot8460

Cyberbot8460 Who The Hell Do You Think I Am?

YouTube (Legacy):
    Do you think you'd die if people shot microscopic meat bullets at you with nerf guns? No. You wouldn't.

• Like Like x 3
  14. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Yes, they should. Although, like any vehicle, the amount of damage a Transformer takes varies upon the kind of bullets and caliber. Firing a Glock at a Transformer will do nothing more than annoy it. But a railgun would probably tear up a weaker Transformer. Also, not all Transformer's armors are created equal.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Honorbound

Honorbound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Depends on the Transformer, the bullet, and where the round impacts. Something like a 9mm or .22lr would probably only useful for taking out optics, while heavier rounds could rattle them or mess up their joints (because said joints are going to need to sacrifice armor in order to have the necessary freedom of motion). And that's just rounds carried by infantry. Scale up to anti-tank weaponry, an AC-130's airborne artillery gun, a tank's main gun, missiles, helicopter-mounted miniguns, or the A-10's main gun and the Transformer is logically going to have a bad day - they're going be far more fragile than an equivalent-massed block of steel simply because they have many small, moving components. That's why I think that personal shields akin to Dune or Mass Effect are vital if a Transformer wants to directly engage human forces. Otherwise, disguise becomes vital. We hairless apes have developed a frightening capacity for destruction over the last century and change.

• Like Like x 1
  16. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 4
  17. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Those Bayformers can be as weak as Paramount wants them to be. But G1 will remain unbothered....

18. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    Human bullets? You mean like
    031E3776-CFEB-43E0-BB03-756B84BD698B.jpeg

But seriously, I can see them being initially nigh-invulnerable to our weapons, but this advantage gradually diminishing over time, especially with the Autobots sharing their tech with us. After nearly 40 years of contact, humanity should be quite capable of taking on the G1 guys for instance.

That’s why in my comic, the Decepticons have taken over the Philadelphia Airport as their base (though I’ve never explicitly stated that). It’s close enough to densely populated areas that the military will be limited in their options. Can’t drop a nuke without taking out a major city, and can’t use other weapons that would be effective without civilians getting caught in the crossfire. So the Army leaves it to the Autobots for the most part. Megatron also has taken the precaution of keeping the human-directed mayhem on a controlled level, so that we aren’t provoked into taking such extreme measures. He figures as long as the casualties the Decepticons cause are far less than what our extreme measures might, we won’t use such measures. And so far he’s right.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Hadar Sen Olmen

I wouldn't want humans to be completely helpless against Transformers, so I'd say that humans should have the firepower to defend themselves...But it has to be heavy duty stuff, especially if it's a Decepticon they're dealing with. Heavy artillery aimed at the right spots, weak points, etc., let humans discover some advantage without giving them the ability to fend off a Decepticon invasion all on their lonesome.

Then Autobots share their advancements and help close the gap.

20. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    I mean it's Bumblebee...

And I'd love seeing today's versions of Bee get taken out like this since it would give true Autobots more of a chance to shine!

And any other Bot or Con should be able to laugh most human weaponry off.