Should there be an Alternators Bumblebee?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Ger_Hankey, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    how about a Suzuki Swift?

[​IMG]

2. Switchblade

Switchblade One Flesh, One End

News Credits:
    Bumblebee should be a Hummer. I find the idea of cute little fuel-efficient Bumblebee as the most ridiculously huge gas-guzzling monstrosity on the road to be highly amusing. :lol 

3. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    That is also in the same boat as the Beetle and any Porsche, Audi, VW and Porsche are the same company so until those asshats pull their heads out all 3 companies can be written off.

4. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

You know whose really to blame here... the nazis.

5. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Exactly. Make him "not a VW wink wink". Release it as a Cybertron Mega if you don't want to tarnish Alternators with an unlicensed car, but do it.

On a side note, I've always wondered how the Gobots were able to get the VW license for their Super Gobot "Bugbite" in the 80's. At least, I assume the Super Gobots were licensed. The car modes were dead on and the manufacurers names were on them. There was also a Super Gobot Porshe (Baron Von Joy I think...).

6. Bubbles

Bubbles Member

Oh wow!. If they made a new Bumblebee, I would buy that like right away. He is afterall my favorite character. I like the Smartcar and Mini idea. Its to bad that it can't be a vwbug. Why is that exactly?

7. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I've been saying it since they showed Prime. If he can't be a VW, they need to go to the complete opposite end of the spectrum. Fanboys will complain if he's not a VW anyway, so get radical. I say put the Bumblebee head on the Ram repaint and call him "Rumblebee".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    No No no non I cant stand BB I hate that annoying little yellow character more then anything.

9. Severus

Severus Curmudgeon TFW2005 Supporter

Without trying to hijack this thread, I think the real issue are the folks who cover everyone and everything in early 20th century Germany with the Nazi blanket. Hitler was evil. Nazism was evil. Not everything they touched turned into pus-spewing horror, though, and being German and alive during that era != evil either.

We may think the whole thing is silly, but there's still a lot of both blame and guilt going around, even if it's not talked about. I'm sure that the decision-making guys at VW take this thing VERY seriously, even though they were probably kids when all this stuff was going on. And while it annoys the heck out of me, I see their point.

10. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Yep it's the Nazi's fault, dispite the fact they have not been in power for 60 years and the fact that anything remotely Nazi is ILLEAGAL in Germany it's their fault. :banghead: 

Yeah back then you could get away with things like that, hence all of the the first 2 years of G1 as well as the Gobots you mentioned. Sadly the laws are different and we have to listen to whiny ass bitches and their "We don't want our car to do that" bullshit.

11. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Yes, please, absolutely, without a doubt. I was 4 when I got into Transformers and bumblebee was the character that endeared me to Transformers in the first place. At the risk of sounding un-manly, (Oh no, heaven forbid!) he was cute and fun and personable...and, at least for ME, made the universe of Transformers a bit more accessible.

I've been hoping for an Alternators bumblebee since the series started and so far, all we've heard is "we can't do that" regarding the VW Bumblebee. Great, granted. It'd be nice to hear some official correspondence out of Hasbro about what they're doing IN ORDER to bring us Bumblebee. However, that's just my hope...

12. Switchblade

Switchblade One Flesh, One End

News Credits:
    I think his point was that Volkswagen was founded by the Nazis and their unwillingness to be associated with war toys might stem from that fact.

13. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    dude, not cool. not cool.

its been quite documented that the designer was very much against his product being used as war propaganda.

14. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    How about the Mini-Cooper by BMW? Or is that a no-no as well similar to the VW situation?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Couldn't Hasbro just do something like make Bumblebee's engine turn into a kitten and package him in a pink box labled "Transformagical Peace Bot" and then turn a blind eye to the usual repro people on the 'net who make a gun and an Autobot symbol for him?

16. Crimson87

Crimson87 Senior Member

I would love to have an Alternator Bumble Bee. The whole Nazi War Robot thing is BS from the PR office of VW, as Don Murphy stated that VW had expressed intrested in the upcoming movie. I believe Has/Tak is holding out for the License as a packaged deal with the movie.

I would definately like to see an Alternator Bumblebee! Preferebly VW Beetle and I believe it is smart on Has/Tak's part to hold out on Bumblebee/Cliffjumper repaint until they get the licenses with the movie. However I would not mind seeing bumblebee and cliffjumper sooner with a similar small vehicle.

JUST PLEASE DON'T MAKE IT A MINI! THOSE THINGS ARE UGLY AS HELL! It would be the only thing that would keep me from buying them and would make me trash talk them. They would at the least be like Ravage the bitter pill to swallow.

17. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    d00d i was talking abt the volks original designer, not the toy XD

18. TrooperMaximus

TrooperMaximus TFW2K5 Sailor

Hell yes they should! Either a mini-cooper or a prius to emphasise his size or fuel efficiency. . .

19. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I could live with a non-beetle Bumblebee in Alternators if the car choice had a semi-similar 'feel' (as in - cute) and the robot mode had enough of a G1 Bumblebee look. (like ... not a remold of Windcharger/Decepticharge, for instance)

Of course, I'd also be happy to see Has/Tak pull out something for a mainline, where a toy is obviously a VW-Beetle-but-not-quite, just-enough-to get-around-licensing.

Here's hopin'

20. MegaOptimus

MegaOptimus Well-Known Member

Altermators has been a line of truely reformated transformers. I would love to see bumblebee as a mini-cooper.