Should Takara Release One MP per Month?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by botfan, Nov 12, 2013.

?

How often should MP figures be released?

Poll closed Dec 12, 2013.
  1. New mold figure monthly (with repaints/re-issues whenever)

8.6%
  2. New figure monthly (including repaints/re-issues)

17.9%
  3. New mold figure every two months (with repaints/re-issues whenever)

23.5%
  4. Keep it as is. Randomness adds spice to life!

53.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. botfan

botfan Quote this Avatar

I don't think you quite understood my comment about exceptions. Chugs are also different because they have a broader audience. Encore and MP are for adults, let's not kid anyone ;) , so rely on more discerning customers. There's every reason to assume the MP line is different. I'm also thinking that sales are more like alt>chug, but chug<encore.

Takara can't announce them. The molds are gone. They would need to remake the molds and they're not going to do that for a line that's dead. End of story.

You think I said if they 'don't' increase production interest will die? No, I said they could increase production while interest is high. Could we please stop having this conversation? It's not exactly fun for me to have to explicitly explain what I wrote in previous posts. The fact is takara stopping the mp line right now is simply not probable and if it did happen would have nothing to do with what we're discussing.

2. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

People can't understand you if you don't explain yourself clearly in the first place.

Again, not the point and you know it, but you choose to ignore my statement because it doesn't fit into your little theory about current interest in Encore.

So sayeth the Takara insider!!!

Oh I'm sorry. I didn't know that you were one of those posters that only likes to start threads so that he can have his validated and not challenged. You're one of those guys, okay, got it.

3. botfan

botfan Quote this Avatar

Pretty quick to edit out the evidence from your post. Anywhoo, I'm not looking to fight, just looking to have a constructive conversation. Let's say we agree to disagree.

4. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Oh you got me, color me embarrassed. Gotta admit I miss read your original post.

Regardless that's essentially your argument that they should rush everyone out now before interest dies.

5. botfan

botfan Quote this Avatar

No worries. You made some pretty good points. Who knows what will happen with the line down the road. Let's just hope we all get to see the characters we want eventually. I know he's probably not the most popular, but I'd love to see cyclonus in MP form, followed by computron. Too bad there's a ton of characters to finish before they work on them.

6. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A lot of other people including me is still trying to find ways to keep up with the release of MP figures,MP line is going pretty fast nowadays.