Should Takara Release One MP per Month?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by botfan, Nov 12, 2013.

?

How often should MP figures be released?

Poll closed Dec 12, 2013.
  1. New mold figure monthly (with repaints/re-issues whenever)

8.6%
  2. New figure monthly (including repaints/re-issues)

17.9%
  3. New mold figure every two months (with repaints/re-issues whenever)

23.5%
  4. Keep it as is. Randomness adds spice to life!

53.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What assumptions? This thread is full of people saying they couldn't keep up with a faster rate.

And it took more than two years to get from MP-10 to MP-17 which is still too slow. Even if they release 4 figures a year, that would still take 5 years just to complete the Ark crew, 15 years more for the combiners...

I agree that the current pacing is better than what we were used to during MP-01 -> MP-09 but it's still not good enough to me.

2. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Dear God, no. Our wallets would rise up in revolt.

3. xdmisato

xdmisato Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twice or 4 times a year should be a good strategy. Twice a year if they are going to release 2 big MPs or quarterly for smaller MPs. Or they can mix it up like 1 big MP then 2 small MPs. I won't be able to keep up if they would release it monthly.

4. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Space it out. Make them quarterly releases, otherwise my collecting budget wouldn't be able to keep up (and I don't think I'd be the only one in that position).

5. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd prefer something a bit slower... Like one per quarter for the smaller ones, and one per year for the bigguns.

6. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I think one release every 3-4 months is reasonable.

7. Window

Window Well-Known Member

Quarterly for small ones, every 6 months for the big guys.

Anything faster would sacrifice quality and fans wouldn't be able to keep up monetarily.

8. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

And yet CHUG keeps going back every other year just as popular as when it left.

And you don't think that if Encore released Mirage, Wheeljack, Sunstreaker, and the Dinobots that interested wouldn't be peaked again?

That's a huge assumption, but Takara could just the same pull the plug on the line even with him at the helm and the line selling well. Good luck getting any figures made then.

9. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

I don't really like the randomness, but I'd rather they not be forced to stick to a schedule just to churn things out. I think it's best that they take their time on their releases to make them perfect. I mean, MP Soundwave got delayed a few months just before its release and dammit, it was worth it.

10. Vaikyuko

Vaikyuko Transmetal

This right here. I would have to save two to three months due to how money is tight lately to pick up an MP car. To pick up bigger guys like Prime or Magnus is still a dream for me as I simply don't have the disposable income for that, it would be a six month or so savings. :lol 

I generally would love to collect MPs but I'd never be able to do it if they did a once-per-month schedule just because I wouldn't be able to keep up with literally anything.

11. botfan

botfan Quote this Avatar

One exception doesn't prove the rule. Their following is loyal, that's what keeps them alive and they don't do sales anywhere near what alternators or encore did.

That won't happen and we both know it, so what exactly is the point here? Encore is dead even with good released like bruticus and fort max.

You think takara will stop the series while it is selling? Based on what?

12. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    i wouldnt buy an MP per month.

13. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

If we're talking something like the MP cars, new molds once per quarter, with repaints and reissues as often as they want. Big releases like Prime, Megatron, Soundwave, Starscream, Grimlock, etc. - one mold and one repaint a year.

14. Bob 121

Bob 121 Well-Known Member

I think it would be nice to not have to wait 9-10 months to get the figure after it's first shown. But hey, that's just me. A lot of other people like how it is, being able to bitch about not having enough money given almost a year to save up for a toy.

15. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

i voted new figure monthly but only if they can uphold the level of design and quality they currently are at or improve upon that. honestly every two month sis still better than where we are out now.

16. zappatton2

zappatton2 Well-Known Member

Putting aside QC concerns, I'd LOVE a new figure monthly. I know it won't happen mind you, and that's okay, but if I had any sort of magical influence on the process, that's the route I would go. The only thing I lament about with this line is that it's going to take decades to make a real dent in the G1 cast.

I suppose money is a big concern (and it is for me as much as anyone), so (if I could choose), I'd go 4 months small characters, one month big, and anually, nine main characters vs. 3 obscure (by obscure, I'm thinking stuff like Mindwipe, the clones, Rollbar, Counterpunch, Octopunch, etc.).

Now I know that comes off as demanding, but I'm reading this as a "would you wish" thread, not a "what I expect" one.

17. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unless they shift focus mainly to the masterpiece line and allow everything else they so to suffer in the process it will never happen. They service more than just one line or brand

18. leov36

leov36 Rubber Wheel'd UM

Instagram:
    I don't understand the obsession with wanting everything RIGHT NOW.

19. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    I will go ahead and say I would prefer quality over quantity as with less time to devolp figures to make and design a figure would be made shorter which would probably lead to bad or average figures. I would prefer average to amazing figures.

Also my wallet would say "OW GOD NO PLEASEE NOOO"

20. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think a lot of folks are underestimating what we're currently getting. By my reckoning we'll have had nearly an MP character for every month this year (admittedly not paced out that way), and I haven't heard many complaints until now. Even more if you count casseticons individually.

So yeah, stick to the current schedule of 10 - 12 characters a year. I would like to see the full S1 and 2 before I retire, thank you very much!