Should Siege Effects be included in Sprue Trees?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MrSoundmeister, Jul 15, 2019.

1. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Well, i've been thinking... would it be an good idea to put Siege-Styled effect parts on larger figures and if so, would they be included on sprue trees? (Think like the ones found in minicons in the Transformers R.I.D (2015) line for example.) and what would be the upsides and downsides of applying that sort of addition?

2. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

News Credits:
    I'm not sure if I follow you. Should effects be included with larger figures? Sounds good, Jetfire's look great. Should they be left on sprue trees? What's the point? They'd have to make smaller molds for individual effect parts, or cut down larger sprues into smaller ones potentially adding more labor than the initial removal. They wouldn't be able to apply any paint very easily if required also.

3. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

I shoulda used better wording for this. Though you do have a point with the labor involved and the fact they couldn't paint the effects, that would count as an downside. Especially since it would be kinda excessive if it's an large spruce that contained an series of effects that could fit into the box of say... an deluxe or perhaps an voyager sized figure.

4. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Eh, they're fine as-is. Sprues and cutting lead to issues and messed up effects. Plus, if a kid did receive one of these toys, chances are they'll end up getting hurt by the sharper points of the sprue. Heck, I was scratched by one of the stupid Mini-Con setups in RID2015. Nah. I like taking them out of the bubble or the baggie and being done with it. No muss, no fuss, nothing special needed, they're just ready to go. Plus, with them being rubberized, I can't imagine how bad they'd get mangled if we had to snip 'em off ourselves.

5. gibdozer

gibdozer Censored

It would be nice if they sold some packets of effect parts separately sprue trees or no sprue trees. With the minis it feels like they are trying to strong arm me into figures I don't want just to get the blast effects.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 2