Should or could the movie ended with a brawl in the Knight's ship?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by LegionofMordor, Jul 25, 2014.

1. LegionofMordor

LegionofMordor Well-Known Member

As most of us agrees on, the movie is too long. So just wondering: Could or should the movie ended with a fight sequences in the Knight's ship? The Dino's could be introduced in the ship and having Galvatron and his army trying to get the seed from Lockdown? I personally think that the whole HK scene is a mess really. It's really not needed.

2. autobot slapper

autobot slapper Banned

I enjoyed the movie for what it is. I like the Hong Kong battle.

3. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    I think that would've been cool. A standoff in the corridors and dark hallways of the Knight Ship would've been really sweet and something new for the franchise.

Unfortunately, having it on the Knight Ship would mean that they would not be able to do something that I really want them to do during a final battle and that is transform. One thing, that I really liked about the downtown battle in the very first movie was that you at least got to see Jazz and Ironhide drive into battle and then transform into robot mode right before they fight.

We saw less and less and that as the sequels progressed. And now its to the point where their alt modes are irrelevant in a battle. And as much as I would've loved to see a battle in the Knight Ship, it makes their alt modes even more irrelevant, except for maybe Drift's helicopter mode.

I don't believe ILM would even make an attempt to try animating a Camaro racing in a complete CG environment like the Knight Ship. It would've been super awesome though

4. Drunk-Wheeljack

Drunk-Wheeljack MrTomo

I felt the Hong Kong battle was drawn out and unnecessary

Ending it in the ship would have been far better

5. Honorbound

Honorbound The Working Hermit

That's not a bad idea, actually. We would just need to show Galvatron's awakening sooner, perhaps with him going rogue right after the highway scene, and leave the twist of him being Megatron reborn for an epilogue/post-credits scene. Heck, you could probably move Attinger and Savoy's deaths up to the KSI raid as Optimus learns who exactly ordered the deaths of his friends.

6. TheYearIs2005

TheYearIs2005 Well-Known Member

Very good ideas, In tf5 there needs to be more creativity for final battle or generally battle scenes. At the moment it's just a robot to robot brawl.

Ending it on Lockdown's ship with a three way between Autobots/DeceptiDrones/Lockdown, with Prime taking the ship to space would have been better.

7. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    The Hong Kong battle was badass and it really didn't feel unnecessary to me. If anything, I would've loved to see Hound, Crosshairs, Drift, and the Dinobots take on some KSI Decepticons on the bridge while defending the Seed. That would have been incredibly badass.

8. Deathpool

Deathpool EREDEAN WINCHAEGER

News Credits:
    An 40 minute long battle between all-CGI characters in an all CGI environment? No. I think one of the reasons the budget was so high is they spent too much time on the ship.

9. Deathpool

News Credits:
    at least it's better than military vs decepticons like it was in the last three

10. EWATSON96

EWATSON96 Decepticon Commander

Actually, I loved the Honk Kong battle. If anything I were to cut out, I would have cut the magnet part out. It was still fun to watch, but I didn't feel that it was necessary.

The Dinobots could have rampaged, and then Lockdown could have shown up in a surprising way to start the final battle.

11. Natohk

Natohk Quintesson

Good idea.It would be something new and cool for the movies.

12. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 The best there is...

The only thing that was really unnecessary was the bridge part. Seriously, what was the point? Maybe if the Dino's got there before Galvatron and his army they could've been there with better explanation.

13. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Ended, not necessarily. But a brawl between the Transformers on the ship would have been cool.

Optimus gets free, gets the Dinobots free to cause a ruckus and uses it to detach the segment of the ship and make a getaway. That would have been perhaps more interesting than a rescue scene with Cade, Shane and Tessa.

14. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If OP would have unleashed the legendary warriors on the ship, that would have been epic.

15. Bumble-beePrime

Bumble-beePrime Best Toronto Fighter, not

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

16. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Admittely, as much as I loved this movie and think it is best installment, the magnet stuff felt like too much - maybe out of place.

17. Sidetimus

Sidetimus Well-Known Member

Nice photoshop skills lol

18. Deathpool

News Credits:
    Yes, the Magnet part was useless. Cut that out as well as any scenes involving Li Bing Bing and that would've left a perfect amount of time (around 10 minutes?) to include more dinobot scenes, as well as more action scenes for Crosshairs and Drift, and the movie would be shorter as well. (three more minutes of Honk Kong Robot action honestly would be enough for me. action-wise, you can fit a lot of stuff inside three minutes.)

19. LegionofMordor

LegionofMordor Well-Known Member

I agree. The whole Li BingBing rescuing Tucci was actually boring in my point of view. Also the magnet stuff was just plained ackward. The whole dinobots coming for the rescue could be good if they were facing a much more formiddable opponent than a bunch of vehicons who died quite easly. Bumblebee and Hound did quite good against them, and if Optimus had shown up with Drift and Crosshair, they would have finished them all up. Maybe a second Galvatron\Optimus fight were we see a clear close view fight. Well, I'll stick to the Knight Ship brawl. It would have given the movie a new dimension and may be the closest thing of an action sequences of Cybertron.

20. Apocalyptic PhD

Apocalyptic PhD Adamite

Agreed, though I'd like to have it as such that Galvatron and Optimus could have had a final battle with Galvatron kicking Op off the ship and taking the ship for himself. Or Galvatron facing off Lockdown and Optimus on the ship, helps kill off Lockdown and some stuff. I was hoping for something like that. This adds to the feel of Lockdown cleaning up the mess of Autobots and Decepticons by fighting their iconic leaders.

Sadly it couldn't happen because the Quintessons was only interested in Primes, not generic mundane non-prime Cybertronians.