Should more movies be made after Bay's TF3?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Rodimus Maximus, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Jazzmatic Prime

Jazzmatic Prime Background Bot

I totally agree, its going to be a new story arc, perhaps one with Unicron or Primus. i don't think there going to be in the third film, we've would have heard something by now.

2. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

I want more of the movie universe - love the character designs, love the characters, love some of the actors, love the potential it all had.... I'd just to see a director on board capable of handling effects and story/characters. Someone more along the lines of Peter Jackson - not saying him specifically, but he's an example of the type of director I feel would be best capable.

I'm burnt out on reboots.

But I suspect some of my favorites are going to die in TF3, so don't know how I'll feel after it's over.

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Anyone for a prequel trilogy?

:ev: 

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Yes because no franchise ever gets ran into the ground by doing the same thing over and over again. Which is why we have never ending Jurassic Park movies, oh wait that hot franchise died off. Well we've got plenty of Back to the Future films, oh wait that hot franchise died off. Tim Burton Batman movies nothing will beat that, oh no wait they rebooted with better films.

At some point every franchise has to have the radical make over no matter how well you've done in the past. Star Wars, James Bond, at some point every franchise has gone as far as it can as is. I don't see why Transformers should be any different.

5. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I couldn't agree more. But unless you are a soothsayer or have your own Delorean outfitted with a Mr. Fusion, the TF film franchise has not reached that point yet. If, by some crazy chance, this third installment is a complete and utter bomb, feel free to start yelling 'REBOOT' from the mountain tops. Until then, you can wish in one hand...

6. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Well-Known Member

This is the last movie of the triology so there wont be a 4th. and im saying no to reboots in the future unless they do it like 10 years after TF3 or something, just not imediatly after TF3 comes out

7. Challenger

Challenger Loves Bumblebee

News Credits:
    The same was said with Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. It was supposed to be the last movie to end the trilogy, but now they're making a fourth. So there's still a possibility of a fourth movie for Transformers, it may or may not happen. I for one hope it does happen, but we won't know until after TF3 comes out. But if they do a reboot, I agree that they need to wait a while before making it.

8. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I predict that Optimus and Megatron both die at the end of TF3. Bumblebee will rise as the new Autobot leader because he's a dramatically overrated character, and the "the new story arc" will be Bumblebee vs Shockwave.

This is me being only half sarcastic, but if this happened I wouldn't at all be surprised.

9. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    I'd like to see more TF movies.

10. jamjam101

jamjam101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    with all the bashing of the Bayverse going on while it exists, when one day a reboot hapens and the design and production value aren't close to what we have now we'll wonder why we were wanting a reboot.

i say no reboot, but it's not up to me

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Absolutely.

Michael Bay's movies are but one of so many possibilities with taking TFs to the big screen. If I had it my way I would see them all.

Plus, the movies are huge, Hasbro must love the money that comes from them, why wouldn't they have more made with a different director and a different "Universe?"

12. Dremare

Dremare It's pronounced "dreh-mare"

Makes sense, since this is a pretty big franchise.

13. Ash from Carolina

My Tardis is a few parts short of it's repairs but even with out it there are some clues coming out that Paramount might not have the same faith in the Bay franchise that the fans do.

When the suits start pushing to put something in 3D that normally means they feel like they need to make up for fewer butts in the seats with the extra charge for the glasses. If Paramount had total faith in a 3rd film they would have let Micheal Bay have his way with he didn't like 3D.

Normally when a director brings in a huge box office haul they let the director have some pet project they wanted to do. Revenge of the Fallen brought in a huge box office, but then instead of letting Bay have his year off or pet project they rushed Transformers 3 into production. If faith was in the power of the franchise why rush out the project unless you thought public desire for the franchise was on the decline so strike before things get cold.

Directors never say reboot unless they are the one doing the reboot yet Bay said reboot. Just seems odd to say such a thing unless someone at Paramount had already told him they were rebooting the franchise after his 3rd film.

Bay wants to leave the franchise for other things, Shia wants to leave for other things. Seems like it's asking a good deal of Paramount to replace not only the director but also the main actor in the franchise while at the same time keeping everything the same.

14. Jimmy88

Jimmy88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    amen bro, same here although I was still quite familiar with the autobots and decepticons prior to beast wars but I bleed beast wars all the way, that was my childhood:)  I have wanted a beast wars film since these films have come out, me and my bro are actually designing concept art of how they would look in a film. We were thinking that the beast wars film series would be a sequel yet prequel to bays series, just like the tv shows.

15. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Should there be more? Sure. Should it be right after TF3? Naw.

I think after TF3 (Which Bay has apparently said is his last.) they should just leave it for a few years and focus on the new TV show. Then we can get a reboot.

WarCraft movie, apparently.

16. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Really? Interesting...

I don't mind reboots. But I think that its a bit OTT to have a reboot more or less after a movie series has been made. They tried it with the hulk and the punisher, and now their doing the same thing with Spider-man.

I can't see why they can't continue in the same line, but with a new director.

17. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Sure! Despite the negative things, it's been a fun ride. We've been able to get some really cool toys (both screen and non-screen characters), too.

As others have already commented, Mr. Bay's involvement isn't a necessity for me. Perhaps with the monetary success that the 2 (3?) films have enjoyed, it would entice other creators/directors to take a stab at things in a different stylistic approach.

Even if Mr. Bay decides to come back on board, I'm game for that as well.

18. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    ^This! :D 
    I love the way you put poetry into words! ;) 

19. Gieferg

Gieferg Well-Known Member

Third movie is always end of the trilogy. It doesnt need any confirmation and it doesnt mean "end of the series".

Not at all.

I'd like to see next TF movie as a sequel but set 20 years later just as TF:TM was set 20 years later after events of season 1 and 2 of original G1 cartoon. New cast, new characters, new director of course, but the same continuity. There is no better way to continue live action Transformers.

I am sick and tired of reboots already. Superman will have a reboot, same thing with Spidey, Hulk got one, Punisher got two reboots and there is another on the way, I say - to hell with reboots.

20. Ash from Carolina

A couple of problems I see.

It's hard to follow up a director with a strong style. Micheal Bay has a very strong style that makes his films stand out even from other action films. You can blindly surf channels on the TV and without the screen guide you know when you've hit a Micheal Bay film. Another director attempting to do the same universe might come off as a cheap rip off of Bay.

We are also reaching that what next problem. We've had the all powerful McGuffin already. Prime and Megatron have both been back from the dead already. Prime has killed a good like Transformer. Megatron will have been beaten three times in a row. Devastator has been taken out. At some point you've done all the big things. It's a bit like the Star Wars problem. People say Star Wars made a ton of money why not more, but after you've beaten Vader, the Emperor, and blown up the Death Star a second time what else is there to do that would be bigger?

Plus most of the actors had a three film deal so Paramount would have to pay out more to get them back for more films. Often cheaper to find new talent with a reboot than to pay the fat paychecks to people who can now cash in on their fame.

Also remember reboot is not always a bad thing. Without reboots we'd be stuck with the same Batman forever instead of the takes Tim Burton and Christopher Nolan were able to put on the characters.