Should I Start Collecting G1 Figures or 2007 Movie Figures?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheIronBot, Nov 26, 2016.

1. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

Even at staying with takara for MP, it can turn expensive if you want to collect them all, just looks at the prices the seekers, Megatron, Soundwave and Prime go for. However, once you end your catchup, you will be fine.

2. Darkshift

Darkshift Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh yes, I can finally give my advice! Being a 14 year old myself, I easily see where you're coming from with this. If you need something easier to do, go for the movies. Especially seeing as, next year, there'll be butt loads of em'. 10th anniversary and all. But, if you're willing to take the time and get the money, G1's are some fun novelty, but yeah, they're gonna just crumble to dust anytime now, lol. Definitely look at Generations for the G1 route, I've got G1 figures in my G1 display and I'm anxiously waiting to replace them. Also, don't take them as an investment, take them as a hobby. I've taken up customizing some of my figures that have lesser value (Just in case I DO wanna sell em' in the future), so that's another thing to do. I feel like I should say more, but idk what to say, heh.

Final Verdict: Movies

3. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I suppose it depends on how many G1 figures you have and how many movie figures you have. If you have a significant amount of either, that's a good starting point. If you have very few of either, I'd opt for Generations figures, honestly. Start at Combiner Wars and work your way through Titans Return. Most can be had for a song and a dance. Then wait for next year's TF movie toys to go on clearance.

4. TheIronBot

TheIronBot Well-Known Member

Thanks man. A local store by my house just got a boat load of sealed 07' movie figures in for cheap, so I know what I'm doing!

• Like Like x 1
  5. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    I dunno why you'd want strictly G1 toys if it isn't for nostalgia's sake, and at someone your age, it wouldn't be.

There are far better alternatives to G1 figures out there that still pay tribute to G1, Generations, Classics, heck, some Alternators even.

Now that's a fun line, Alternators.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Darkshift

Darkshift Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice! They aren't the best of the Movie toys, but they have a charm I just can't turn down.
    And that 70's Camaro Bumblebee is one helluva figure, just replace that creepy lookin' head, lol.