Should I sell my TFC Hercules and replace with Unite Warriors Devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Megatronus 1981, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Autoboty

Autoboty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    However, you get the unholiest of choices in TFC's Scrapper: partsforming or butt kibble.

I just want Wu to release a Hook crane with cartoon-accurate colors and I'm sold.

2. DogFriedRice

DogFriedRice Well-Known Member

Personally I think the add-on kit makes him look horrible.
    The Head is the only thing that needs replacing.

Selling Herc would get you 2 Gravy limbs....but yeah. Gravity Builder is the way to go.

Hope this helps:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. tfwmongrel

tfwmongrel Plastic Crack Addict

Or now that Toyworld is coming out we have those to consider too. Even bigger, and more G1 stylized to boot (a little too greebly to be called true Masterpiece though). It's funny that the Hasbro / Takara Devy is really the most Masterpiece-aesthetic of all these options we have now, at least in combined mode.

4. rpetras

rpetras Well-Known Member

I have no place for CW Devastator in my collection.
    The thing looks like a dollar store knock off to me.

As others have stated, I LOVE my Herc, for what it represents to me as a collector. Buying it when it came out was a thrill that was like obtaining my personal holy grail of TF collecting, a well scaled, articulate Devastator that could stand with my Classics collection.

However, if I was picking up a Devy today, I might side with Gravity Builder. I like the designs quite a bit, and the large size will work for either Classics or an MP display (depending on your personal tastes, of course). A Devy that sizes up with Warbotron is OK in my book.

5. robh

robh Decepticon

i've got 4 devastators right now. I've contemplated selling Giant because I have CW Dev. I prefer CW Dev to giant. Giant looks amazing.. the best, IMO, but he's so small. He looks out of place in my collection. Herc would be in the same boat if I had him.

6. Coconut

Coconut Well-Known Member

I sold my Hercules earlier this year knowing that I'd replace him with UW Devastator. At the time, Hercules was the best option as a stand in for Devastator on my MP shelf and I was quite happy with him. While both aren't perfect, UW Devastator is a much better fit on the MP shelf (size, color, proportions, headsculpt).

You could argue that that Hercules isn't obsolete, but the rock bottom prices were caused by CW/UW Devastators release..

7. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Add another vote for keep both. I find both sets fun to transform and quick to combine... not that Green Giant is hard, but it's out of the scope of this thread.

I picked my Herc earlier this year for ~$300 and I'm still very happy with it. I know at the time a lot of people (myself included) couldn't justify the $600 price tag for what we were getting. I hope now that the price has dropped so much, that folks will take a second look at Herc and consider adding one to there collection. Then again I'm a combiner whore and Herc is only one of three Devastators I have on my shelves right now (Green Giant and CW Devy being the other two).

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  8. mtl79

mtl79 Well-Known Member

Toyworld's combiner is shaped like a T much like the legends scale one that came out by DX9... it does not have that presence that you may be looking for...

9. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Need more info about your collection to make a recommendation, but yeah, Herc doesn't really seem worth selling at this point if you paid anywhere near the original price.

10. Psychoshi

Psychoshi Grammaton Cleric

Even though Herc has depreciated so much, it might not be so great to hold onto it, unless you really enjoy it. Cars, cellphones, dvds, and anything technology related in general lose much of their value after a while, due to newer better versions that eventually will come out. 3p figures are becoming the same way, because all of the popular characters are getting many different versions of them made by so many companies. I have no doubt that ft will release a devy sometime in the future.

11. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i'll say this about TFC Herc, it's the only ver that can have an actually working crane, despite all my complaints about the figure, i took string from so 550 cord and rigged it up and it's one of those awesome yet really stupid features that makes me unable to let go of Herc, and that's the only thing that makes Herc survive in my collection

12. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    ugh i hate that company, i wish they'd go bankrupt and disappear

13. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    I would say get cw, if you can get passed the hollowness and long haul...

14. dxorcist

dxorcist Well-Known Member

I sold TFC Herc and MT Green Giant in favor of CW Dev. No regrets here.

15. Megatronus 1981

Megatronus 1981 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Most of my collection has moved into the MP line, I've sold most of my Chug off now. There is definitely a lot of feedback to have both UW Devy and the TFC Hercules and make much needed space for them.

16. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

If your MP only just keep CW/UW then...

He is simplified, but the G1 goodness outweighs it.

I just like my Giant, because he scales with CW Sueprion/Menasor

17. mephinc

mephinc Well-Known Member

I have both and I still like Herc better. The only thing Has/Tak has going for it is "oh look... it's a really tall playschool toy"

I'm also getting the TW and GC Devy's though.... I kinda want all of them lol

18. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    CW Devastator looks fantastic in combined mode.

Even though the individual bots are produced to a budget they still look like they've stepped out of the TV show.

19. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Herc is my classics Devy.

Hasbro is my MP. Even if he is not really an MP. I don't care. JUDGE ME, JUDGE ME!

20. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    Some folks have raised a good point: sooner or later someone will make a true MP Devy. If you've only got room for one Devy, that's going to be the one.