1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

Should I keep this mispackaged figure?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by nintendofreakgc, Jun 4, 2008.

1. nintendofreakgc

nintendofreakgc Bumblebee fan

Okay, my question specifically relates to one of the new NECA TMNT figures, but I think the basic principles would be understandable to all collectors, so I thought I'd make a new topic for it.

I recently bought the NECA Leonardo figure (the carded one). Now, this figure is supposed to come with two sets of hands: one closed for holding the weapons, and one open with those wall-climbing spikes on. In a nutshell, I got two of the closed right hands, and none of the open right hands.

My basic question, as you might have guessed, is "Is this a mispackage worth keeping?" I don't generally keep figures MISB, but Leo is my favourite turtle, and these figures do look excellent in the package, so this is a good opportunity to keep something that is potentially quite rare MISB. On the other hand, I am a bit low on money and do want to buy a full set of NECA turtles as well as some Transformers this month.

So, yeah, any advice you could give here would be greatly appreciated.

2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Packaging mistakes are worth nothing, with the exception that packaged samples of the toyline are rare and a collector's item to begin with.

3. pud333

pud333 Well-Known Member

I'd have to agree with that. I recently got a Revoltech Starscream with an extra gun hand on top of the regular ones. It's no biggie.

4. nintendofreakgc

nintendofreakgc Bumblebee fan

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll be returning that Leo figure tomorrow and getting it switched for a proper one. It will also give me a convenient excuse to buy the other three turtles.

5. Fuzz

Fuzz Garbage Pail Kid

Inspect these figures thoroughly before you buy them. I've seen alot of complaints online about them being packaged incorrectly. The biggest error being the wrong figure inside.

I guess the turtles all having red headbands is too confusing, lol...