should I bother with Prime figures?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by AwesomeCon, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I gave up collecting them. Too many disappointments, between the toys themselves and the crappy distribution.

2. HereticalHeresy

HereticalHeresy Decepticon

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I think FE Starscream, and the PRiD Vehicon are really good figures.

3. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Prime is the most schizophrenic of all toy lines with the highest highs all the way down to Airachnid and beyond to 2014 deluxe Bee (who makes Airachnid look like Vehicon).

Anyway,
    Fe Prime
    Fe Bulk
    PRID Vehicon
    AM Breakdown
    Ratchet
    Wheeljack
    Fe Arcee

All great.

Crock Out and Sharkticon Megs also turn my crank.

4. depthcharge82

depthcharge82 Maximal

Prid Hotshot imo is underrated.

5. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've got to give a PRID voyager starscream a shout out. I really like his bot mode because of it's show accuracy. Also, his jet mode is pretty slick. I thought his transformation was pretty neat too.

6. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Agreed- lots of "ughs" and then "wows"

If you're the type where collecting= "having everything," stay away. You'll end up buying shit pieces just for completions sake, and those shit pieces will bring the whole look of the display down.

If you only care about getting a few figures, go right ahead. There are some gems in there, all of which have been listed. Happy collecting!

7. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

Darkness Megatron
    Takara Shockwave
    Vogayer Screamer
    Darksteel
    Ultimate Optimus(was actually disappointing)
    Ultimate Dragontron
    Thundertron

Thats what i liked and got.

Thinking of ordering Ultimate Predaking, to have both version, but probably will not.
    The problems with the majority of the figures is, that even if some of them are quite detailed, weapons come single colored and dull.
    So i will problably paint some of the weapons(Painting warhammer figures as well as a hobby, do not play it anymore)

8. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

examples of good toys from horrible fiction. *or at least the american versions;

armada *especially tidal wave, and the optimus prime combined with jetfire and overload.
    kissplayers; sure. the comics were a horrible thing. but the actual toys themselves, were great. rodimus, optimus, and generic cop guy. all three were great. plus reissue repaints of the cassettes. you can never have enough cassettes.
    cybertron and energon. both had fantastic toys. but not so great shows.
    beast machines has a great toyline, even if the show was a little weird. lol tankor for example, is a great figure. sure it is inaccurate as hell. but if you do not like the show, then inaccuracies shouldn't matter to you.

to me, it is all about the individual figures, and not about the fiction.

the Bay movies, are fun movies, but they're trash when you get right down to it. but the toys are great. especially the toys of the first 2 movies. i still love the first movie leader optimus prime. it is a great toy. and in some ways, it is more fun then the rotf optimus prime. *probably due to it having a really simple transformation. i like simple, easy transformations, better then the complex, panel formers, like rotf leader prime.

i did not think the japanese beast wars shows were great, but the toys were fantastic. like Hellscream. starscream as a cyborg shark, with a saw blade nose. lioconvoy, big convoy, the seacons had their best repaint in my opinion, in beast wars 2. *i like the paint scheme better then the g1 one, even. i just wished it had them all. and all the parts. trypticon and g2 megatron repaints.

just because you do not like the show, does not mean the toys are horrible. and just because you like the show, does not mean the toys are great.

we have had some lousy toys, with great shows, before. after all.

i suggest buying one really cheap. maybe used off ebay. or transformerland.com. i suggest a figure like, wheeljack. or one of his various repaints/remolds. if you do not like the figure, you can always sell it afterwards. you may even be able to sell it for more then you paid for it too. who knows.

i did not think i would like the beast wars line. and even after buying my first ones. the megatron and optimus 2 pack, back when they were first released, i didn't really like them. mainly due to the transformation gimmick.

but then i went back, and bought more. i bought polar claw. i loved that toy. after that, i was hooked. even the basics after the first wave, were fantastic. airrazor, airhammer, bantor, insecticon, and quickstrike.

liking the show, or not, really had little to no effect on whether i buy the toyline. i buy the ones i like. based on the ones i want. not really based on the characters. mainly due to me growing up post g1, and pre g2. so i had to make up my own fiction as a kid. and that is the best part of transformers. if you do not like the fiction, just make up your own. it is that simple.

9. Snyper

Snyper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not a bad toyline, but the show has ruined some of the figures for me...

Like PRID Wheeljack. Every time I look at that figure, I hear Prime Wheeljack's irritating voice in my head saying "kaboom" or "blah blah blah". IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!

I do really like the Predacons though.

Agreed. Pretty much all of the repaints in the Prime line are great.

10. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    I loved me the Autobot figures that came out.... but there were only a handful of Decepticons worth my time....

11. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

FE Voyager Prime
    FE Voyager Bulkhead
    FE Arcee
    FE Bumblebee
    FE Cliffjumper
    FE Starscream
    RiD Voyager Megatron
    RiD Voyager Ultra Magnus
    RiD Vehicon
    RiD Wheeljack
    RiD Ratchet
    RiD Dreadwing
    RiD Kup
    RiD Rumble
    BH Shockwave
    AM Breakdown

12. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    You should nab these, even if you dont like the show their still fun toys.

Some even replicate mass shifting very well. (Cough cough Breakdwon)

13. ISleepNow

ISleepNow Detrimental Robot

plus repro labels

14. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

Yes, they are worth it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    The toys get a lot of hate, but honestly, the prime toys are a lot of fun if you're open minded.

16. BWfan86

News Credits:
    What sticker did you use for ratchet's chest logo? I noti ced the rest of the stickers look like they are part of the rprolabels set.

17. Crockett

Crockett natural bodybuilder

Because they are only $5 at Five Below. Seriously, my closest store had like 80 figures tonight.

18. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

It was from a reprolabel autobot faction sheet.

19. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    If you are not sure if you are interested in the figures are not maybe you should buy just one and see how you like it. I like Voyager Shockwave and Deluxe Arcee and Soundwave. Not everyone has to like the series but if you like the designs at least, I might recommend getting a few.

20. BWfan86

News Credits:
    Which one if you dont mind me asking? I wanted to get one for that very same purpose, but was unsure of which faction style sheet would lookthe most show accuate on ratchet.