Should Hot Rod have been terminated for costing the Autobots their leader?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by TeamOptimus, Apr 16, 2019.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Easy. Ratbat is the Decepticons’ budgetary lead. He crunches the numbers and dictates what’s financially viable. To supplement the Decepticons’ profits from conquest he would naturally outsource Decepticon tech and other assets for extra cash to keep that war machine running smoothly. He’s likely a war profiteer and willingly wishes to extend the conflict as long as Megatron/Galvatron would allow it.

So what does that have to do with Buzzsaw? Well as we’ve seen in the comics Buzzsaw is a brutally efficient killer and could’ve likely taken out the Autobots by himself over time. So egregious were his methods he had to be nearly totally excised from the cartoon to spare impressionable young children his homicidal wrath.

But you can’t prolong a conflict with a flying WMD like him around, so Ratbat had him relocated to a desk job and took his place so as to personally oversee more battles to have the most up-to-date data for budgetary concerns.

• Like Like x 2
  2. ron8675309

ron8675309 Exploding Salamander Of Exploding Salamanders

Now I can't stop thinking about how a Transformer with no hands would function at a desk job. Do manipulator arms come out of Buzzsaw's head to interact with his work terminal? Or does he use some kind of voice command recognition software?

• Like Like x 1
  3. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    I can't discern what this all has to do with Hot Rod interfering with Prime and Megatron. Let's steer back on course.

4. DiamondTiara

DiamondTiara Class President TFW2005 Supporter

Terminated? That sounds more like the Decepticon way to me.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Runamuck86

Runamuck86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Constructive feedback might be more appropriate . Off the top of my head i cant think of any occasion where the autobots executed one of their own for making a mistake .

• Like Like x 3
  6. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

I bet they would have executed him if he was an actual traitor who purposefully killed Optimus Prime.

As it stands he's just a dumbass who was trying to do the right thing, at a tremendously huge cost.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Recent?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Distant1

Distant1 Well-Known Member

Thanks

What is interesting is that in the evening Devastator breaches the Autobot fortress (then, unfortunately, the next 8 -12 hours seem to be condensed into a two-second scene, shot from a distance) until Optimus arrives.

I am thinking that at some point during those missing hours, the Decepticons may have had to refuel. Maybe some Decepticons leave Autobot City to rearm and refuel whilst others stay and keep the Autobots at bay, when the ones that refueled come back, the ones that stayed go and refuel and rearm. I hope that made sense.

As it seems to me that just before Optimus arrives at Autobot City, Megatron has just refueled and has arrived back at Autobot City.

I always wonder how sentient are the Sentinels? I think that many Sentinels were sent to Autobot City to essentially be pawns, for laughs I like to think Shockwave gave the Sentinels, a speech worthy of Winston Churchill (given Shockwave's English / British accent).

9. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

I got to apologize for one thing

My family surprised me to day with a special event, a local comic book shop in my area played host to a special showing of the 1986 Transformers film

It was great to see in a theater again but that’s not why I’m posting

Not sure if I was spoiled on seeing the film on smaller screens for the last 30ish years but I saw s lot more details today

Megatrons back canon did not fall off, it looks like it did on smaller screens but the bigger one shows it was some form of white pipe/debris falling from above

But I still wouldn’t say he was in pristine shape to the end of the fight, the animation was inconsistent throughout the fight and the damages were really only visible in close up shots

10. MishMash

MishMash Well-Known Member

It gives a whole new meaning to "hunt and peck" on a keyboard

• Like Like x 3
  11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'm thinking more like the dipping bird from that one Simpsons episode where Homer became super fat.

I'd argue he wasn't even a dumbass, he just got unlucky and had no one to back him up.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Mr Megatron

Mr Megatron Emperor of Destruction

Ebay:
    Should hotrod have interfered? No. Should he have been punished for doing so? No. The autobots are not cruel he’s just a kid who tried to save his beloved leader, he didn’t intentionally kill Optimus prime. That said he could’ve just shouted a warning to prime when he saw the gun megatron was reaching for. My only problem is Optimus not having a clear shot. Especially with how accurate he was with the same rifle a few seconds earlier when he shot 3 cons in the chest while twirling through the air. Megatron only really covered his left arm with hot rod, meaning prime could’ve taken a shot at his torso, right arm, and even his head. These should be very easy shots for someone like prime after what we just saw. But that’s just my opinion.

13. maxxzander

maxxzander Banned

hot rod is ok....but he being chosen as a prime successor is a huge mistakes !! and his rodimus character and toy design is lazy as F! same figure just slightly increase his height and add a trailer .. I'd rather they give him a whole new body after receiving power of the matrix like how primal did with his optimal Optimus body ...

14. ErickCruz

ErickCruz Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Has anyone brought up the fact that once Megatron grabbed a hold of HotRod that it became a hostage situation?
    At that point Prime should have tried stall tactics, talk Megatron into letting HR go and leaving the fight between just the two of them. I firmly believe Megs would've still shot Prime but maybe had Prime delayed him long enough HR would've managed to escape or someone else would've jump Megatron and held him down.

• Like Like x 3