Should have seen this repack coming

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jezones, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't see what's wrong with this. After all, Hasbro tricked us all into buying the crappy Leader Optimus Prime from the first film when they knew they were just going to release a better version for this film. Whoever did this is just sticking it to Hasbro for ripping off the fans!

:p 

Seriously, though, people who pull this crap should themselves be forceably "repacked" into a tiny cardboard box, with plenty of twist ties and rubber bands holding them in place.

2. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

This is low..very low. Tho I´ve saw worse today. I saw a Star Wars two pack in the figure peg with no figures.

3. Black Omega

Black Omega Commander Panda Prime

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    A friend of mine that also posts on these boards and I were discussing this back in February. We called it then! So this is no suprise to me. Although it doesn't change how pathetic and how much of a scumbag the @$$wipe who did it is.

4. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I found a repacked Starscream at my local Wal-mart this morning. The person didn't even do that great of a job putting the original movie Starscream toy in there. Seriously... if you can't afford a $20 toy and need to repack, you need a new hobby.

5. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I used to do that. It worked until '87ish when TRU put in those new fangled barcode readers.

*rassmfrassm.."lasers"..mumble*

6. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    SICKO!!! Kids! watch the commercial! New Prime has two blades!

7. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

I see Grimwing reads Shortpacked sometimes

8. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I could never do that. Its just unfair to any kid that might get it. I need to get rid of movie one prime but opted to sell him on ebay.

9. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    I concur, that is very wrong.

10. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First of all, this is lame. Only A-holes do this. That's a given.

What irks me is that stuff like this gets back on the shelves. I don't expect everyone to be a retail expert and know every item in their store intimately, but there has to be someone who knows this is not right. Somebody at Walmart supplements their income by moonlighting on ebay. There are nerds who work in these stores. Last time I was in Target, I got rung up by a kid named Ender! Freakin' Ender!!! That dude is at the very least 2nd-generation nerd!

Most places will take just about anything back in the name of customer service, but they should just write things like this off as a loss. Putting it back on the shelves just ends up hurting someone else.

11. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Some stores like Wal Mart keep records of returns and who returned them. I wonder if the item could be taken to customer service and if they could look up when it was brought back. It may not do anything, or it may raise a red-flag the next time the person tried it again.

12. TheInformation

TheInformation The ghost of an automaton

From time to time I'll need to replace a currently available Transformer in my collection. For various reasons. Either it broke, or the original toy that I was able to find wasn't in the best shape once I got it out of the box.

A good example for this story is Universe Classics Sideswipe. I picked him up when I found him, and at the time he was the only one on the shelves. And it stayed that way for weeks. When I opened him up, almost all of his joints were loose, and there was a huge crack going down the middle of one of the joints connecting his trunk flaps.

What I'll do in a situation like that, if the return period has expired, is head down to the store, find a new toy, buy it, keep the good one and return the old one. But I'll always let the people at customer service know that the toy is damaged. I used to work in Target, and I know that the store will get a merchandise credit from the manufacturer if they send proof that the damaged toy was destroyed (usually the UPC from the package. We very rarely destroyed toys, we'd usually dump them in the goodwill bins in the parking lot)

ANYWAY: I finally found another Sideswipe, but I made sure it wasn't from Walmart. Because I knew that no matter how hard I explained to customer service that the toy was damaged, they would probably tape the box back up and throw it out on the shelves.

Seriously, the Walmart by me has had some of the most ridiculous examples of repacking that I've ever seen. And sure enough, as soon as the Revenge of the Fallen toys came out, there was a brand new batch of them sitting on the shelves.

13. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

This is pretty bad, but I don't think it holds a candle to that Megazord re-packed in a leader class Cybertron Prime box.

In fact, I would've expected Hasbro to re-release the original leader mold in ROTF packaging at some point. I bet you they will.

Oh well.

14. hotspot_2001

hotspot_2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've had the same experience with Walmart. I always see things there back on the shelf that just make no sense. Like the other day there was an animated Starscream that was completeley loose in the box, the missiles and paperwork weren't with it, and it looked like they just put it back out exactly as it was returned.

I returned an Animated Grimlock there once and they didn't even glance at it to see what was wrong and I'm sure it went right back to the shelf.

15. BairdimusPrime

BairdimusPrime youtube.com/billythekidsnobullshittoyreviews

News Credits:
    very sad, i hate when people do that...

now someone else will get the idea of picking it up and listing it on ebay as a uber rare item....

16. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I would laugh if that happened.

17. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    The sad thing is that whoever did it is one of us - maybe not a board member here, but a "collector" of TFs. Which means likely an adult who can afford toys, and is simply doing this to be a cheap arse.

It's theft. No matter how you slice it, that's is over-the-line theft.

18. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Since we're on this subject of repacks; I've seen several instances of pictures being posted on these boards and all of us sharing our stories of seeing this happen, but does anyone actually take the toy to Customer Service and let them know about it?

19. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I really hope whoever accepted that back was fired.
    The people that do this are lower than dirt, stealing from children because they dont want to have to pay for a product.

Disgusting waste of oxygen.

20. Mark94

Mark94 Well-Known Member

Seriously????

I don't condone what happened here at all but you can't expect an employee that is not an Uber Transfan to realize the difference between Prime 1 and 2. This is not a dig into the type of people that work for Walmart either, I'm just saying that you can't expect most, if any employee to recognize it is not the correct toy in this instance. The toy looks the same, fits int he box, is tied back in, etc.

If there was a brick tied back in the box and the employee took it back I would think there could be some action taken against the employee but not in this case.

I can't blame the employee, just the jerk that took the time to repack.

Mark