Should hasbro reissue ER wave 2/3

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by The13Primes, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Nemesis Reformatted

Nemesis Reformatted Banned

I never ever saw Quintesson Judge, Megatron or Trailbreaker in any store. I ordered the Judge & Trailbreaker from BBTS. I don't need Megatron.

I really wish Hasbro would do something about this problem of the first wave shelfwarming all year & then the final waves being impossible to find. Can't blame the pandemic for this. Remember what happened to Titans Return wave 5? The final waves are always a bitch to find.

• Like Like x 2
  2. JJJ

JJJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The problem has been put quite succinctly by none other than Hasbro Australia - the US gets in first, and then there's often little or even no stock left for Australia (and by implication everywhere else).

3. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I have everything because I preordered, but I never saw the Judge on shelves, that is for sure...

4. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    In the U.S I have only seen Wave 1 deluxes never wave 2 or 3 on shelves. Voyagers and leaders had decent distribution.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm all for giving collectors more chances to get what they want. If you're on this stuff like a hawk you were probably fine, but securing some of the final releases has definitely taken even more work than usual for many. After all the difficulty I've seen with people actually having online orders filled - which is understandable given the state of the world of course - I am even more in favor of giving this stuff another run if possible.

7. ApocalypseThruster

ApocalypseThruster Local “Why aren’t they here?!” Poster

News Credits:
    I don't think I have a real opinion on these, Wave 2 was plentiful at Walmart (and I found them a couple times at Target), and I saw Wave 3 once or twice. I managed to nab all of them. Honestly, if they should reissue anything, they should reissue Megatron and the Judge, I NEVER saw them at stores. Only way I got all of them was through Walmart's online service for Megatron and Best Buy for the Judge. Then again, they may show up at discount stores, the whole Leader Class assortment showed up at Ross for a tiny while.

8. ickzer1

ickzer1 Well-Known Member

I know they need to find a way to get the exclusive characters out there for people to get. G1 screen time guys like Ratchet, Iromhide, Prowl, the coneheads, bumblebee, etc should at least be made available to buy again.
    If this line is meant to be G1 love send-off, then at least let us get them so we can be gone with our G1 old asses.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Skavatar

Skavatar Well-Known Member

10. Skavatar

Skavatar Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any in Houston, but
    apparently Target decided to ship all the Quints and Megs to this one Dallas store, and had them on SALE
    Texas Transformers Sightings

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

Stores tend to over-order wave 1 of every line and won't order the new waves until they sell all of their stock.

I've only seen up to earthrise wave 2 locally and I expect to find Kingdom wave 1 instead of Earthrise wave 3 in stores soon. I only got Sunstreaker and Trailbreaker because of BBTS.

• Like Like x 1
  12. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They should reissue waves, yeah. I barely see any waves in stores these days in my local stores and have to order everything I want online.

13. ApocalypseThruster

ApocalypseThruster Local “Why aren’t they here?!” Poster

News Credits:
    Yeah, I saw that post. Distribution there was wack.

• Like Like x 1
  14. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yes they should. I got them, but they had extremely quick retail distribution (or almost none at all, like the Quintesson Judge) and people should get a chance.

It's quite clear what happened: Covid disrupted shipments in the spring/summer and delayed Wave 2, so Hasbro rolled right into Wave 3 to switch to ER by 2021 and hard reset their calendar, rather than have the delays cascade into the next line. It makes sense. But they should do a ressiue, at least through select retails. Judging by that they are doing another run of Scorponok (who seemingly shipped to 1-2 cases of 2 figures per store, in August/September, without a restoock), they very well may!

15. Fc203

Fc203 #RestoreTheBayVerse

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Wouldnt be surprised if they started to show up at ross

• Like Like x 1
  16. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    In my experience as a US based collector, I didn't really have an issue finding any of the figures I wanted but I can see how some might have some issues since distribution varies based on many different factors (including Covid, toy dept mangers ordering product, etc). I know I have seen some still in stock at certain sites and some of the harder to find ER figures have popped back up on Pulse's back in stock section.

But in talking to international collectors, I know they can have a harder time trying to acquire certain figures that might be easily more available in other regions. If I remember right, the wave of Combiner Wars with the rest of the Stunticon limbs were especially hard to get in some other countries. Areas like that, I can see the need to reissue those figures to give collectors another chance and getting the harder figures they want.

17. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    It took almost six months for my part PA to get wave _one_ and I only saw bits and pieces of waves two and three towards the end of November.

BBTS is really the only option for me. I'd like to go through Pulse sometimes but their instant sellouts make that difficult. Doesn't matter if they get a restock six months later because I've already moved on by then.