Should Broadside and Tidalwave Be Titans?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Optimus Convoy, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Optimus Convoy

Optimus Convoy Well-Known Member

They both transform into a battleship and that thing is huge. 887 feet long and 108 feet wide to be exact. I think they should be titans in the comics and the animated series. You think Hasbro should release them as titans in the next toy line and you think that would be a good idea?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Soundwavelover2004

Soundwavelover2004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Tidal wave yes broadside dont know

• Like Like x 5
  3. Amadeus Novilium

Amadeus Novilium Well-Known Member

Yeah.
    BUT EVERYONE NEEDS TO COME WITH 5MM PLUGS IN VEHICLE MODE TO BE GLUED TO 5MM HOLES TO MAKE A GIANT LOADING BAY ALONG WITH REMOVABLE CANNONS THE SIZE OF A DELUXE!
    Whew. They probably won't because they need a base mode. No one really buys titans for spaceship mode. We buy giant city robots for giant city robots.

4. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No one?

I absolutely do, Fortress Max looks great in ship and is very limited in city, thanks to the legs not opening in a useful way due to how they put him together, making him more as a platform than a city.

I bought him for the ship mode as it reminds me of Macross and not for city mode at all.

So don't assume...

I would LOVE a Tidalwave titan, which would probably the only new titan that would get me to get another titan if they do it right.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  5. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    Nope.

• Like Like x 2
  6. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    It's risky because they're both relatively obscure toons for a Titan size treatment.

I guess if the aircraft carrier mode is cool enough it will sell itself. Throw in a U.S.S. Flagg / Joe crossover and support it with a movie or cartoon series, then it's a no brainer?

Yo Joe, roll it out. :p 

• Like Like x 2
  7. halo4361

halo4361 Float like a butterfly, sting like a manta ray

On a logical level, then yes. I think Broadside's plane mode should be a massive starship, instead being a mere jet. It would solve the scale problems. But on a business level, no. Broadside is somewhat obscure, so there isn't really a precedent for HasTak to think people would pay upwards of 100 dollars for him. That, and he's never really been consistently large, let alone titan size.

I think the same goes for Tidal Wave, but less so. Not enough to make a difference, but still less so.

• Like Like x 1
  8. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    I prefer bot mode scale.

-For Broadside, his appearance in the Sunbow cartoon is the most comfortable for me, and he always seemed kinda Jetfire-sized in bot mode, despite his size in carrier mode. Fr him, I'd say Commander.

-For Tidal Wave, he's absolutely gigantic. Titan for sure. And the G1 side of Generations seems to ignore gimmicks of non-G1 characters, or at least non-character defining gimmicks, so TW doesn't really need to be able to weaponize Megatron. Maybe an accessory or two to simulate his Weaponizer mode, but nothing outright. Priority needs to be on his size IMHO.

• Like Like x 1
  9. WDTProductions

WDTProductions Lost Light Crew Member

Broadside ~should~ scale wise, but he'd look rather odd next to his fellow wreckers (unless they make his ship the xanthium, but I digress)

Tide Wave is a big hell yes. Personally I'd prefer a smaller Titan for him, like Omega or Devastator sized, but still.

10. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Should? I have no idea.
    But I want a titan class TidalWave toy.

• Like Like x 3
  11. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

News Credits:

Make Generations a G.I. Joe/Transformers crossover for a year and this would be the centerpiece. Instead of a plane, his other mode is Joe HQ. The line could feature TF characters with Joe or Cobra vehicles as their altmode and Joe/Cobra characters in Titan/Battlemaster size. Commander size would be Sky Lynx as the Defiant shuttle complex.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

Give me the biggest fuckin Tidal Wave you can. Fuckin' 1/32 scale, I'll buy it. I wanna recreate the Armada PS2 level where you storm his warship mode and kick ass before fighting the mofo himself with Supercon Optimus. Make him big.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In theory Broadside should be super huge but does anybody love Broadside enough to want to pay $150 for one? I know I don't. $20-$30s is good enough for me.

• Like Like x 2
  14. MetalStorm

MetalStorm Click Click Boom!

Make a Unicron-sized Tidal Wave

15. Revoticus

Revoticus Splitting headache

Yes. If someone made a Broadside that is taller than the CW combiners I would be interested, TR Broadside was fine but he is too small for what his main selling alt. mode becomes. Considering they just made another Astrotrain recently after he already had a TR toy, maybe there's a small hope for Broadside?(in my dreams likely)

16. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

No...

Broadside would also end up with a HUGE jet mode if that were a thing. We all know he mass shifts and I'm OK with that. But keeping him the same size in all three modes means massively oversized jet.

Tidal Wave has a similar problem. He's already much larger than Megatron as it is. They're suppose to combine. So Tidal Wave either can't combine with Megatron anymore or Megatron himself has to also be a Titan.

17. PaperSheep

PaperSheep Well-Known Member

I say yes. There's been a recent insurgence of weaponizers in Siege and I think that idea could be incorporated into a titan figure. Tidalwave could be a Titan class robot, and an aircraft carrier combined altmode. But, instead of a city mode, that aircraft carrier can also separate into the Dark Fleet or become weapons for titans, or base parts for chug figures.

And Broadside can be the repaint. I think abandoning the superfluous jetmode is a welcome sacrifice.

18. toynut

toynut Well-Known Member

tidal wave yes, broadside maybe but make changes to his jet mode, not a fan of the TR one's jet mode, Aircraft carrier is cool but way too small. I want to land the combiner wars Aerialbots on his deck. Maybe instead of a full on third mode, maybe some turbines, engines, and a lot more weapons and go with a battle station/helicarrier mode.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  19. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    They were both fine the way they were released in Titans Return. This whole EVERYTHING MUST BE BIGGER!!!!!1!!!!!!@!!! garbage needs to die a death.

20. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Tidal Wave, yes. Broadside, no. I miss the Ultra Size class. I feel Broadside would fit in well there. He was shown as big in robot mode but not massive. I guess Commander might work too but there are others I'd rather see in that size class like Thunderwing or Star Saber. Tidal Wave on the other hand WAS shown to be huge in bot mode. So yeah, bring on a Titan class toy of him.