Should Animated have a Unicron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by jedi prime1, Feb 3, 2009.

1. SpinalCord

SpinalCord Banned

Why? We already HAD The Unicron Trilogy, and that was total shit!

2. evebird

evebird Waiting for Omega

No, Animated should not have a Unicron. But it should have a season 4. ;) 

3. Ravage1976

Ravage1976 Well-Known Member

This ^ is definatly the case

4. saberconvoy

saberconvoy Drifting around

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I would say yea let him in,

I always like the idea of unicron in the show. Or atleast make a reference to him. But not as crazy as the unicron trilogy made him.

5. Spyro

Spyro Banned

It should have both.

6. Lord-Naraku

Lord-Naraku Decepticon Overlord

Ebay:
    Thats a big no from me. If Season 3 is the end of Animated then I doubt there is enough time to introduce and stop Unicron in 13 episodes and do all the other stuff they have planned. They've run the Unicron idea into the ground with the Armada/Energon/Cybertron series.... damn

7. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I agree. It's just a toddler of a series. It can't die so soon.

:( 

8. Lord-Naraku

Lord-Naraku Decepticon Overlord

Ebay:
    I second that... Come on Hasbro and CN show us how much you love the fans..

9. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Leave sleeping planets lie. I feel Unicron has been a bit overused in recent years and it is time to not see him for a bit. I also just don't see him fitting well into the Animated universe.

10. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    I'd like a completely new take on Unicron. Y'know, just a name reuse and then maybe a couple Aesthetic references.

I think it'd be cool if Unicron were made by the completed Allspark at the end of season 4 as a final weapon to destroy Megatron. Unicron could be made from Omega Supreme's and Ultra Magnus' corpses and other random Autobots and Decepticons after a huge fight for the remaining pieces of the All Spark with many casualties. His Spark would BE the All Spark, after its consciousness has been restored.

Unicron could be a Transformer as big as Fortress Maximus was in G1. He would be a scramble city gestalt with the individual transformers being made from the corpses of the component transformers. The main body would be an extremely cool hodgepodge of Ultra Magnus and Omega Supreme whose alt mode looks like Fortress Maximus' space ship mode. The other limbs I've yet to decide what they would be.

The split consciousness in all of the parts would be a result of the previous shattering of the All Spark.

He would be a good guy, the new leader of the Autobots, until a couple episodes into season 5 (The episodes would be like the filler episodes in the first season, but resolve some things, like Optimus's relationship with Black Arachnia), when Cyclonus shows up. His presence would activate some long forgotten programming in Unicron, put there during the great war, making Unicron go crazy (if (cyclonus.present==true) mental=crazy; ). Cyclonus' role as a servant of Unicron would be to direct Unicron's insanity at specific targets. Since Unicron is actually an Autobot, Cyclonus' hate for him would be well justified.

The key to defeating Unicron would be to defeat his puppet master.

11. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    No. Unicron should be left out of all series. He had his part in the 86 movie and that's all. Perhaps he can be mentioned as myth or ghost story. But he should never actually show up.

12. Raziel3024

Raziel3024 Well-Known Member

Hmmmmmmm.......
    Well, in the comics and the 1980's movie, he was a serious threat, it was Energon that ruined him.

To be frank, he has been used to oblivion, although Transformers 3 Unicron (assuming that goes ahead) should be awesome.

I think it's best that the Chaosbringer takes a hiatus(look at the IDW continuity, it's doing just fine without the big U).

On the other hand:
    1.They could do an "Animated Cloverfield", watching Unicron devouring a planet from the POV of someone living on the planet.
    2.There's a alternate universe-hopping episode where Unicron makes a brief cameo(we see a huge silloutte in the background briefly)
    3.We finally see a titanic Primus/Unicron battle, where they fight in their planetformer forms rather then humanoid energy forms as in the old Marvel comics. And Primus finally shows that world-eating Bitch who's Boss.

Ultimately, Animated would be better off without, or with a different entity of destructive capability, like Animated versions of Tornedron, Liege Maximo,Primacron(reimagined as a humanoid figure with the "it's make out of space" look, like cosmic entities in Marvel/DC comics), the Darkness,something new,etc.

13. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    Negative.

14. Monte Williams

Monte Williams Deconstructicon

I think there should be a flashback episode that alternates current-day action involving Headmasters (not THE Headmaster, but the old school versions) with Ratchet's memories of the battle that seemingly destroyed Unicron.

And it could end with the revelation that Unicron, a robot big enough to eat planets, was in fact simply the head of the real Unicron, who is therefore that much bigger than already believed, and who has awakened and is now on his way to Cybertron or Earth or whatever.

15. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like these ideas, but they're unlikely considering how much of Animated is modelled on the cartoon rather than the comics. I gotta join the consensus that Unicron is too severe for this show.

16. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No Unicron - the greedy git got a whole trilogy :lol 

17. swbruni

swbruni Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Sure it should....

18. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    If he shows up, I think he should eat Cybertron, turning all the surviving 'cons and 'bots into homeless galactic refugees.

--Moony

19. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Agreed.

20. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    YEEESSSSS but not yet