Shooting in Pennsylvania.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Autovolt 127, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I just happened to go on Facebook and a friend commented how their was another shooting. I checked to see if this really happened and it did.

4 dead, including shooter, in central Pennsylvania - CNN.com

Why just why? What is everyone suddenly in a triggerhappy mood since last week? Those poor females. :rip 

2. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not more gun news! Can we have a week without anything involving guns?

3. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    How you gonna stop it? Shoot someone?

4. WWELORD

WWELORD The Best In The World

News Credits:
    just what we need more shooting this needs to stop

5. boxorak

boxorak Lacking Shelf Space

Because everyone thinks that the world is ending this weekend. That's why.

6. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Eh, this is too early to label as another "Random Shooting" shooting, there was probably more involved with this one. In the end this kind of shooting is no different then the hundreds of other unreported on shootings going on across the country at any given time.

7. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Shootings happen everyday the world over, you bunch of Nancy Kerrigans need to calm down a little.

8. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    You jerk, I was going to write this!

Dude, I used to intern in the county Probation department, people are shooting each other daily. Big media outlets, or any media outlets don't get to them and you don't know. Cops and such don't want this shit getting out.

9. Mutt12

Mutt12 Starroid Raider

Ebay:
    True. Even though not too diplomatically put by smkspy, they just tend to get covered more by the news when a big one like that school one happens.

10. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Unfortunately there is a political agenda at play, so expect gun stories to top the news for a while.

11. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    I... am in Central Pennsylvania. Oh my..... I'm getting worried. :( 

12. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

That is surprisingly close to me. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.

I just hope this event isn't used to push for more gun control in Pennsylvania. I'm getting really annoyed by people using tragedies to further their own agenda. It's not just that I disagree with them, people died and they're using them.

13. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sometimes a political agenda is a good thing. Perhaps if everyone is smashed in the face repeatedly with how obscenely high and gruesome the shootings in this country are, change will be forced and maybe, just maybe, we can at the fucking least TRY to curtail the violence.

14. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not 'suddenly' and just 'since last week'. I listen to the news every day before work and probably at least twice a week, I wake up to hear about one or more people getting shot somewhere in the Pittsburgh GMA. But it's just the "usual" shootings (drug/gang-related, in shitty neighborhoods, etc), so nobody really cares. The only ones that really get much attention are the unusual situations, like someone shooting up an unexpected location (a school, hospital, etc) or a shooter racking up a large body count all at once.

15. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    That's just it. The political agenda has nothing to do with the crimes. The stuff they are proposing would have done nothing to stop this as it does not affect the weapons used. Your post just proves the propaganda ( and exploitation of these tragic events ) is working.

I think we'll stop there though since this could go into forbidden territory very quickly.

16. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I say stop when we're stopped. What do you think the agenda is then, if not to stop crimes? You may disagree with the method and the proposed result. But it sounds like you are suggesting an ulterior motive behind demand for gun control legislation.

And the "propaganda", or in this case, news, isn't doing anything to alter opinions I've held for a long time. i think it's mighty presumptive (and illogical) to conclude that just because you are hearing about my (or others with a similar) opinion now that it was caused by what came immediately before it.

17. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

Why? Come move to Allentown, this is nothing new--we virtually have shootings every day.

18. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Actually, board rules say we have to stop. I can't get into the agenda in more detail without breaking the "no political discussion" rule. I'm not trying to lord some sort of control or authority over you when I said it was time to stop, I'm trying to obey the board rules. No offense meant.

As for the propaganda, it's been going on for a long time. Longer than you or I have been alive. It's like they say. Tell a lie big enough, loud enough, long enough, and people will believe it.

19. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

thats what i thought. i knew we dont hear everything.

20. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah yes, that old board rule, no political talk. You know there is a sly history of propaganda to the notion that political talk is uncouth in certain forums (and I use forums in the grander scope than internet message boards). It's a mode of censorship many have agreed to, in places such as work and the dinner table, truly because it makes us uncomfortable at times. A shame, really. Discussion leads to knowledge and knowledge is something those in charge would often prefer commoners not to have. This is something several of the founding fathers even believed.

But I agree, the lie that more guns lead to more safety has been going on for a long, long time. ;) 

The gun issue has been politicized, as need be when an issue affects so many people, and its a shame that coincidental fact limits our ability to talk it, since truly it is more an issue of ethics, morality and the human condition than it is of politics. But, I get it, it's a sensitive issue many of us still disagree about in a very heated fashion. But truly it's no more political than talking about the environment or driving on the highway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.