Shockwave's personality?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    1. It's mentioned in passing on Leige Maximo, but the point is it's mentioned. The movies haven't explored enough on megs and the fallen to make any real claims one way or the other though on what's going on with them. All we really know is that megatron leads the decepticons and bows to the fallen for unknown reasons. Shockwave in this movie could bring that to light though.

2. Starscream filling the leader void, and not trying to restore megatron would be a scheme, but it also boils down to who you think shot megatron in movie 1 with the missles. Schemer maybe not so much, but he still has his whole "I want leadership." Cowardice, and mild plotting. Though to be honest even in G1 his plotting was mostly "I'll just shoot megatron in the back!" and then cowardly beg for forgiveness when it doesn't work. The little details including megatron snapping at him are what insinuate the details of their relationship though. It's like saying Megatron kills prime for no reason. There is a reason, it's just not spoon fed to the audience, unlike Prime, it's just not as obvious of a reason. It is rather interesting when you see his 'oh shit megs is back' reactions on the ship though.

3. Soundwave really couldn't come down to earth, or they'd lose his information gathering, or misinformation he fed to the good guys. If he came down to earth at megatron's side. The entire final battle scene wouldn't have made sense as to why there wasn't a massive global strike on that spot.

2. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I think Shockwave will basically be the same as he's always been - HIGHLY and dangerously intelligent, powerful, a scientist, and loyal to Megatron for the time being.

Will he betray Megatron? No telling at this point, with no information available. He must do something damn good, if Megatron's not the main antagonist this time.

And of course, Kruger, being a longtime fan of the brand, will no doubt include Shockwave's total devotion to logic. No morality whatsoever.

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

True that. I want Shockwave to be like his distant cousin; HAL 9000
    [​IMG]

"I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that"

Animated Shockwave could deliver lines in a deadpan tone like HAL, it would be awesome for Movie Shocky to do the same.

But Shockwave is a robot, he doesn't live, he functions.

4. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

Hee hee hee! I'm imagining Shockwave singing "Daisy" now, and it'd be six kinds of awesome. :D 

5. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

Shockwave will probably be cold and emotionless....though I expect he will lose his composure near the end.

Sadly, my fantasy of Shockwave being voiced by GLaDOS from Portal is unlikely to be fulfilled.

6. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    my theory is shockwave shows up to fix megatrons face (think of it like the WFC charactor from the exodus book if you have read it "mad scientist with cold logic") and see's his flaws while on the operating table and he leaves him knocked out on the table. while his curiosity about the flesh bags that keep defeating the mighty megatron take over and goes to earth to see it for himself while preforming his experiments.

or atleast that is what i would like to see anyway

of course the ending is megatron wakes up comes to earth and jabs old one eye with that super crab claw of his and puts him down for the count while the autobots are going WTF

7. rich_prime

rich_prime Banned

News Credits:
    Same here

8. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Shockwave is a bore. He controlled a robot-less planet. Avoids fighting like a girl and stays away from conflict. He is a bit logic driven but also kind of lame as a character. He's almost like Megs Remote control toy.

9. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    i Have this feeling its going to be shockwave and his cybertronian bots, megatron and screamer with there few remaining "allspark clones" and op and the autbots.

shockwave im hoping will be the same genius and this time around more accurate shooter. really cant wait to find out whos voiceing him!

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It would be great if they could somehow work a HAL nod into the film. Heck would be worth naming one of the new human characters Dave just so Shockwave could say "I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that".

Fingers crossed that in all the nods and easter eggs we get that they can work a good one in.

11. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I'd rather Shockwave was portrayed like the Operative dude in Serenity.

In fact, I'd rather the entire film was portrayed like Serenity.

In fact, I'm just gonna go watch Serenity.

12. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Alright, this I need to comment on. The Fallen wasn't the leader of the Decepticons like a King, an Emperor or even Prime Minister, he was like the Pope, he didn't have any actual power, de jure, but because he was the 'Master' of Megatron, he was a leader, de facto. In all reality (or lack thereof), unless the Fallen took the title from Megatron by killing him in front of their peons and claiming leadership, he didn't have any actual command over the Decepticon military.

EDIT:
    As for what I think for Shockwave: I feel he should be acting on most points of logic, but can't 100% because of his own desires. Eventually he has an emotional breakdown because of all the emotions he tried to subdue over his existence. There'll be times where he's calm, collected, and speaking, someone interrupts or says something that he doesn't agree with, and he snaps for a moment, yelling back at them, getting emotional. After the little outburst, he gathers himself, but in that instant, everyone's seen his true nature.

13. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    A complete ass-hole would be just fine.

14. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

...you want Baye to portray him?

(DE DUM TISH!)

15. Shockwavexodius

Shockwavexodius Psychologically instable

Shockwave WILL be logical. If not, the movie is RUINED! He will probaly lose his mind and go crazy and kill himself at the end. :( 

16. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    No, lol..

But not to the extent to where we can't recognize his personality, but at least an emotionless robot that can take down anyone or anything at will.

17. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not THIS Shockwave:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But sadly, I expect he'll be a growling monster. :( 

18. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    His personality is evil. :D 

19. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

it's shockwave; if he has a personality, then it's not shockwave lol, just saying.

20. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    As long as he isn't a snarling beast or gets gibbed/defaced quickly I'll be happy. I would like a cold, calculating shocky though. I'm really interested to see how he is portrayed.