1. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    First off, I love the idea. This would be a lot like the Shockwave from the comics, and honestly, it's something I've wanted to see ever since I read the original comics ^^

If even a sliver of this is true, I'll be happy. But if he shows up just to be loyal to Megatron, that will be a bit of a bummer.

Sadly it seems Shockwave will take awhile to get here, seeing as he's most likely the season 2 finale "big reveal".

2. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I'd say, "Duh." To approach the character any differently would be criminal. Then again, look at what they did to Breakdown.

The problem is that Prime doesn't have the guts to do the really good character studies that are deserving of the setup.

Given (from the Aligned Storyverse:

• Shockwave made most of Megatrons body modifications through the years in his persuit of creating the perfect soldier, and planned on mass producing Megatrons body type once it was perfected, making Megatron a prototype only.
    • Shockwave creates the Insecticons and Dinobots in his persuit of adaption and superior forms.
    • Shockwave is loyal to Cybertron first and foremost.
    • Shockwave has zero qualms about killing fellow Decepticons. (He has cities under his own territory bomb each other to get rid of Starscreams high ranking followers.)
    • Shockwave played a role in raising Trypticons intelligence (which may or may not be the Ship in Prime).

With that, imagine the following storyarc:

Shockwave comes to Earth, gets caught up, and decides to remove Megatron from command for his many failures, both on Cybertron and on Earth. With a verbal trigger phrase, the Insecticons have their own "Order 66" and turn on the crew. On top of that, via a control panel they had no idea existed on the bridge, Shockwave activates the ships intelligence, programmed also to be loyal only to him.

Megatron is enraged and attacks Shockwave, only to be floored by a blast from Shockwaves cannon. Dreadwing and Soundwave grab Megatron and flee.

For the remainder of the season/series, Megatron, Soundwave, and Dreadwing are on their own while Shockwave starts executing his new master plan for Earth. (Which, given that humans are "progeny" of Unicron, makes them most interesting specimens to study.)

Now you've got the Autobots, Starscream, MECH, Megatron, and Shockwave's forces all as seperate entities all with their own agendas, forcing various relationships or truces to occur and all sorts of interesting plot twists.

3. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, the idea is pretty good, ShWa gets revenge on Megatron and than ShWa becomes the leader of the Decepticons.

I don't think it would fly in Prime, sounds too good to be true.

4. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Please happen. Pleeeeeease.

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I love your idea, OP! Hopefully that's how it'll play out.

Err... what? I'm pretty sure it was only hinted at, like, once. Not "dozens of times".

EDIT: Here's the exact quote from the book -

IIRC, this was the only time it was foreshadowed.

YUUUP. I definitely want his character to be more G1 comic and less G1 cartoon.

This sounds great too.

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How about Shockwave shows up and he claims to know the secret of the 13 and as he is about to open The Gates of the Universe but accidentaly the ancient Liege Maximo is summoned anNEXT WEEK ON THE HUB FAMILY MOVIE: AIR BUD 4: FASTER AND FUR-IOUS!

7. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

No No No, that week's Hub Family Movie is Alvin and the Chipmunks make friends with Frankenstein.

8. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube comments and a good idea? It was bound to happen someday.

9. KayeMinor

KayeMinor Banned

Shockwave would be an assassin, then? Hopefully a better one than in DOTM.

Aw, man, that one sucked nuts.

10. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is a nice idea. I like the fact that it somewhat further connects FOC with Prime. I also like the depiction of Shockwave, he isn't afraid to stand up for his own goals. It also adds another level of complexity to the Decepticons and to the war as a whole because it shows that the difference between autobots and decepticons is that one side has given up on its moral and ethical values.

11. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:

I'd love him to be like a more competent Shockblast from Energon. That kind of wild and murderous insanity he had, but then also that cunning genius behind the eye.

12. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    You know in his IDW version Shockwave has this primal animal like rage inside him that he turns on during combat if he's having a difficult time.

He seems to be the last person you think will snap and go crazy seeing how calm and collective he is until he totally loses it.

It would be quite a scary moment seeing him screaming in fury like an animal that may have even Megatron scared out of his wits.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I thought they all did.

I just hope he's not all 100% loyal....but he will be since you know the never bothered to read the better incarnations.

14. Darkscream

Darkscream Well-Known Member

How about everyone trying to stop with all these forced expectations titled as "predictions". You're all setting yourself up to be disappointed.

If they dont do exactly what you've detailed, then they're lousy writers, and you're all better writers than they could ever be. (which is rather presumptuous considering they're actually paid writers and none of the critics on this forum are).

Or if they should actually do exactly as you all are detailing in this thread, then they're just overly predictable. And the writers must suck because you guys foresaw everything they were going to do.

You're not their target audience. They arent going to do what it is you want them to do. Why not just wait until he appears, and then enjoy the tale they decide to tell us, rather then over analyzing and creating a situation in your minds that can only end up poorly.

15. Optimus1116

Optimus1116 Autobot

News Credits:
    Imagine if he teamed up with Starscream :lol 

16. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    It would be awesome if we got a three way fight between Megatron, Shockwave, and Optimus

17. Arsenic

Arsenic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ...is it too naive to expect Shockwave-Autobot alliance?

18. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well the autobots have allied with Megatron before. My guess, it would depend on the circumstances.

19. TK458

TK458 Assassino!

But Shockwave... woo boy someone to look forward too :D 

20. TK458

TK458 Assassino!

After reading that.. I could only think of Mirage. G1 wise wasn't that what he wanted the most? To go back home even going as far as hurting those around him?