Shockwave to be playable character in War for Cybertron's Multplayer!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Icespark, Feb 6, 2010.

1. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

I'll hold off until i hear what other stores have planned. Or even if there will be a special edition with even more cooler stuff.

2. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Now this makes it worth my while.

3. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Anyone remember the first Transformers movie game, where if you bought it at Gamestop you got "Exclusive" cybertron maps.....except the code included literally did nothing because the maps were already on EVER version of the game at EVERY store?

4. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

For the love of...DON'T PREORDER IT AT GAMESTOP IF THIS PISSES YOU OFF!

You want to show companies this kind of BS is unacceptable? Don't preorder it. The more support you throw at a sucky system only encourages it to stick around. If you hate the idea of preordering to unlock actual gameplay features, and a MAJOR CHARACTER, then WHY would you then go and accept that system?

I'd love to play as Shockwave. I'm not going to unless it's released as a DLC/patch/whatever. Not only do I have a problem with the idea that I pre-order to get some in-game content (like a brand new character), I hate Gamestop and their preorder crap in the first place. So Shockwave will never be gracing my system unless he's available through other means.

You can't change a system if you keep supporting the system. This is why people giggled when things like the Modern Warfare 2 boycott showed up. People were OMGIHATEMW2 and when launch rolled around, look who was playing. I just wish more people would actually stick to their principles than just roll over because they want something.

5. blackout501st

blackout501st ultimate enforcing hound

sweet! id love to play as shockwave. but, if there giving us a code again, just sounds like a repeat of golden prime and megatron. arnt people just gonna put the code up online?

6. FMA1987

FMA1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i would hope we could get he code online cause i dont have a system yet to even pre order it

7. blackout501st

blackout501st ultimate enforcing hound

what really sucks for me, is the one place i used to pre-order my games, gamecrazy, which had a much better system than gamestop, all closed down. i havent seen one in months. which means i just half to go back to gamestop to get all the stuff i want. which is a shame. gamecrazy was a great store.

8. chugway

chugway ming mong ping pong

yeah, i agree - incentives for preordering games area terrible idea.

i want every single piece of pointless fanwank i can think of included FOR FREE, and anything else is an insult to trufans everywhere.

9. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I will never get why we pc gamers don't get all the cool shit Xbox and PS gets....
    Well, maybe the game is mod friendly.... PLEASE BE MOD FRIENDLY!

10. redoptics

redoptics Banned

bumble bee, jazz, wheeljack, seekers had cybertron modes in g1 but they have been modified so im guessing shockwave will aswell

11. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

There's a more local chain of videogame stores out here, which I'm thankful for having something OTHER than Gamestop, but sometimes I'll just go over to Best Buy instead.

Honestly, I don't get the need to preorder. Most games are not going to sell out, so the idea of guaranteeing a copy at launch is BS. If you want the game, and your VG store doesn't have a copy, poke your head into Best Buy/Target/Wal-Mart and get it there.

12. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nice, I usually get games from GameStop anyway. I'll have to stop by today and pre-order; WFC Shockwave is going to be EPIC.

13. lotussouljah

lotussouljah Well-Known Member

Great, now I'm torn. Well I would like to preorder if that's the absolute only way to get Shockwave. I'm fairly certain he's gon be packin some major firepower. However....this game needs to entice me even more to ensure that I really want it enough to preorder. Those two trailers are just not enough, so more teases please!....

14. fiveironfr3nzy

fiveironfr3nzy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    watching the trailer again

I 'm really hoping this is THE transformers game we have been waiting for... the one on the ps2 wasn't bad. but this just looks emensly epic

15. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Big question is....Is the code a DLC code or is it just an "unlock" cheat code? DLC would mean you have to buy from them to get the character, which is total bullshit no matter how you look at it. I hate store/company exclusive DLC, especially like they did with Mass Effect 2 where multiple stores got exclusives only for their store. I for one hope it's just like the last game, where it was just a cheat code and not DLC.

16. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    ahh i am crazy for wfc and theres nothing out yet

17. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still don't understand why they couldn't fit him into the storymode. That makes me worry even more about the roster.

18. cgibsonREX

cgibsonREX Knight of Cybertron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Yeah I did that with ROTF to unlock Gold Prime only to get some gay flipbook key chain and the code was on the net within a hour -_-

I hate buy'n from GameSTOP, cheap bastards!

19. Richard598

Richard598 Always think positive

Man,I knew about this before it was posted.Like,...,Last night.Guess I didn't get here fast enough. :cry  oh well,know it's posted.Good thing I just got a 360 for X-mas!As with everyone else,It,er..,HE should be free anyway(meaning he should come with the game),Everyone should get the code(that's you PC),and I wonder what the slag he looks like. :confused: 
    GT:Richard598
    GT for BurnoutParadise(not live anymore) :Richy_Prime

EDIT:"Now it's posted" ;) 

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  20. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm split over this.

I will get this content regardless but I want to know how the code will work. Will it be a market place code or an in game code? if its an ingame code I dont see a point to going with them unless their the cheapest.