Shockblast alternator transformation question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mathius Maximus, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Mathius Maximus

Mathius Maximus Well-Known Member

Bought 8 alternators for $40 (loose) at a local flea market a few weeks ago. Had a bear of a time working out the transformations for them all, but figured them out eventually... I'm still having a hell of a time with shockblast. The problem is with his arms and head. Does anyone have a good vid or pic or something of how these are supposed to fit up under there? The canon on his left hand wants to bend as I push it up inside there, and the shoulders never quite click into place like they're supposed to to link everything up with the steering knuckle.

The point is, I can get him transformed and he'll drive around, but it doesn't "feel" like I've got it right.

I think my problem is his head doesn't want to go in correctly and I'm not sure which way it's supposed to fit in there. I even tried the instructions from hasbro.com. His head and arms pop off very easy as well.

Mathius

2. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

Can't help with your question but.....

8 Alts for $5 ea at a flea market? :thumbs2: 

3. Mathius Maximus

Shockblast, Meister, Silver Streak, Tracks, Hound, Sideswipe, Prowl, and I think the last one is Smokescreen? Blue guy with yellow rally stickers all over?

Also got a Leader Class 2007 Movie Prime for $11, but I wasn't sure if that was a great deal or not. Loose of course. I think he's missing some kind of clear red gun? And the two blue shields that make up the front of the top of his cab are missing too. I was more impressed with this guy in person than I thought I'd be. I walked past him the first time, but on my way out I decided to grab him. If not for the lights and sounds and the fact that movie character's robot forms suck ass, this would be a great prime.

Now that I think on it, the blue guy has the same mold as Shockwave, and he seems very 'tight' as well. His rocker panel doesn't want to stay hooked into the front fender because there's a lot of pressure on the front steering linkage due to his hands being pressed against them.

Would love to get some help with these issues.

Mathius

4. Papasmoak

Papasmoak Well-Known Member

5. Mathius Maximus

Well, I'm not sure why, but I watched that video and got it to work. Seems like I tried every combination of the head possible on my own and couldn't get it to work, but when I did it his way it popped right in there and the arms fit better. Go figure.

Thanks. Now I'll try seeing about fixing the suburu guy.

Mathius

6. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember Meister (same mold as Shockwave correct?). What a PITA that was to TF back into car mode. We're talking probably over 1/2 hour trying to figure out how to TF him.

7. Mathius Maximus

Seems like smokescreen, silverstreak, meister, and shockwave all have similar transformations and they're all a PITA to get the arms in there right. The arms are different on silverstreak and smokescreen, but they're actually worse, IMO. The steering linkages are the hard part. On shockwave and meister the linkages are on the inside of the hood, and the arms have pivot points that point upward. The arms snap in place, holding the pivot against the steering shaft.

On silverstreak and smokescreen, the steering linkage is below the arms and there are little tie rods coming off the wheel spindle. The problem is, same as the shockwave mold, I am unable to sufficiently get their head tucked in all the way and it wants to push against the arms, which pushes the steering linkage away from the spindles. This in turn keeps the rocker's from staying snapped in place, which basically makes the whole front of the car want to sag and the doors don't quite line up all the way back.

Mathius