Shipping toys: USPS Bullsh*t

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bellpeppers, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

bellpeppers is a scourge of humanity? He was not trying to swindle anyone. He's far from being the postal service's nemesis and all that jazz.

2. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I have ALWAYS been charged for the tracking number; even the couple of times I have used the Priority Mail boxes AS Priority Mail.

It's all good.

As someone else stated, I have made "frankenboxes" before and wrapped them in brown paper shopping bags, because it makes NO sense to pay for a bunch of air or newspaper, so I have cut down boxes.

Naw, it's o.k.
    There's just an overall negative tone that I got from the thread in general.

But I do challenge the guy who screamed "entitlement mentality" earlier, accusing me of paying for a $600 figure but being too cheap to buy a box. I challenge them to step foot into my garage and find anything in my collection I have paid even $100 for, let alone $600.

So why do I go parcel post? Because people who have baught from me has appreciate it, that's why. So really, it aint out of my pocket- it's be out of theirs.

And I HAVE eaten some shipping already; it's not like this is my business... I'm just trying to weed out excessive stuff and pay for some bills, that's all. This is new territory for me.

Amd I steeling free boxes? I dunno. I do have 1 or 2 pencils that have made their way home so I guess I am a thief... not to mention driving over the speed limit. And my windshield has a crack too. I would have taken care of it by now, but I just got done putting a new battery in my car and 2 other car repair bills just sprang up. Priorities.

Thanks.

3. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1) The tracking number is only free if you pay for postage online. On top of that, if you pay for Priority postage online you also get a slight discount. The free tracking plus discount often-times makes it a pretty good deal unless you are shipping a huge box.

2) I use to flip used priority boxes inside out and have also wrapped used ones. Never new ones though, but that's because I was aware of the priority agreement. Didn't know about the not being able to wrap used boxes until I just looked it up.

3) When I said you (bellpeppers) outed yourself to the employee I meant from his point-of-view. I've had my fair share of pissy USPS employees also.

4) Whether the USPS is subsidized depends on how you view it. If the USPS gets loans from the US government it still has to pay it back. You can call that subsidized. Or you can have a stricter definition for those that take free handouts. The the post office may get help from the government but they are also legally required to offer their services and cannot change prices without approval. USPS is only a monopoly in regards to regular mail, not express mail or package delivery. At the end of the day, if you have a problem with the USPS you can go to UPS or Fedex.