Shia LeBeouf and Michael Bay are quitting Transformers, Talks about Reboot

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by monsterikan, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    A change of director might freshen things up, and it will be interesting to see what someone else can do with the franchise. Maybe Abrams?

I don't know, dude. ROTF brought in 800 million, and considering the quality of THAT movie, I don't think the fans treatment of it would do much damage. :D 

2. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    I won't go on about my dislike of the movie franchise as to do so would be distasteful and insulting for those in theTF fandom who are fans of Bay's movie franchise. With that said however, it would be nice to get a reboot that dives into the mythology of the franchise a little more and puts a greater focus on story telling ala Batman Begins and the Dark Knight.

As for the designs; remove the flames and utilize humanoid proportions (fingers, heads overall body structure) and I am happy:) , TF Prime's approach is a great example of this.

3. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Pardon my French, but some of the people posting in this thread haven't got a f*cking clue.

(and i'm not referring to you Brooticus)

Shush! Don't you know that Michael Bay is the WORST POSSIBLE CHOICE for a Transformer movie.

4. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Good news, three movies is plenty, time to move on and see what someone else can do with the franchise.

5. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Money talks and bullshit walks. Until I hear it from Paramount/Hasbro, it's just talk. Many actors have discussed publicly about leaving franchises only to return when the ante is raised. So let's put the pitchforks down and at least wait until the body is cold before you teabag it.

6. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    There is no facepalm accurate enough for how I feel here.... Just because a director is different or has done a good movie, doesn't mean he is right for a Transformers movie.

Spielberg basically is at the helm....

Lucas would, based on his last few, make a shitty overtalkative and boring TF movie. Nolan's style is all wrong for a TF movie... all his movies are filmed darkly and drably.... TF movies require bright colors and lights.

JJ Abrams would be a decent pick... Though I would pick Jon Fauvreau (Iron Man). The experience with Iron Man leaves him with a good idea how to handle armored suits fighting (a TF is basically a big armored suit). Not to mention I wouldn't mind seeing him playing Sparkplug if that character was included.

7. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

"Nevar say Nevar" - Bieber

8. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    +1 for Favreau, he's always been the guy I'd most like to see do Transformers, Iron Man had the tone that's just right for TF's and the action sequences were all well shot and clear.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  9. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    QFT!!!

10. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I'd dig Favreau for the role. :thumb 

I think I'd prefer Spielberg though. He knows the movie franchise best, so tone wise, he'd match it quite well. That, and he wouldn't put in as many crude jokes as Bay did. :D 

11. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    If they had to reboot or continue the movie franchise after Bay, I'd vote for Neill Blomkamp, the director of District 9. The man has proven that he can do a whip smart story, actual emotional drama with both humans and a CGI alien species, sprinkle in some sly even ironic humor, and direct gripping mecha vs. soldiers action.

ROTF had a shit plot and horrendous writing, though you can blame that partly on the writer's strike at the time. DOTM has no such excuse, and if it delves into more juvenile toilet humor, offensive stereotypes, and pothead momma jokes, well, we know who to blame then, and I could safely say Bay won't be missed at all.

12. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    Please a reboot is what's needed!!!!!!!!!!!!! hate the designs bay's film's produced!! any future films they need to kill bumblebee off in the first 2 minute's

13. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    never going to happen.

14. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    On what basis are you making that statement?

15. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Reboot? Hurray!

16. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I'm also down for a reboot. I for one really thought the first movie was a great spring board for the franchise. But the second one completely ruined my faith in it. All I ever really wanted for the characters (THE ACTUAL ROBOTS) to be handled with a bit of care, instead of being plot devices for Sam.

So reboot, yes please.

17. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have no doubts, regardless whoever helms the next installment, out of Bay, Spielberg, DeSanto, Bryce, Bonaventura and Murphy, most if not all will continue producing it which means it'll still have the same people making it, just a new director as the face of the production. I think if a reboot is to happen, it should happen over a larger period of time, not in 3-5 years after DotM. If DotM turns into a huge financial success and critical one, at least doing better than the previous two films, then its more appropriate for Hasbro and Dreamworks to continue with a 4th than rebooting it. I'm sure that's going to be the reality of this franchise. Reboots only work if the previous film(s) was a disaster critically, and they don't feel confident enough that the franchise can be sustained in its current condition which is why we got Batman Begins/The incredible Hulk/The Amazing Spider-man. Also one huge differences between those films and Transformers is Transformers has a larger and changing roster of characters allowing for all sorts of different combinations of teams and stories without having to rewrite previous stories which just seems wasteful to do when they've only just scratched the surface with this franchise.

18. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    I have never seen a more considerate opponent of the Bay films.

Why isn't everybody like Rob? And I don't just mean movie haters, I mean movie fans too. Why isn't everyone this considerate of opposite opinions? Rob, I salute you.

19. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Hahahhahaa, wow, was this a joke. Let's not review how George Lucas and Spielberg have sucked horribly as of late. Please reference the rape episode in South Park. Poor Indy.

Really, these two are the last two I would like to see handle a franchise like this. I am not a fan of the movies, but I am definitely not a fan of Lucas and Speilberg doing these things either.

If James Cameron did these movies, then maybe. I think he would be best suited to do these.

20. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I will gladly take a reboot. Be nice to see another director's take on the franchise.