Shia LaBeouf Finds Returning To Transformers 3 Hard

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Apr 23, 2010.

1. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Don't like the movies that made you a household name? Fine. Kill the character off. Focus more on the robots, or at least the military side of the humans' storyline.

2. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Not to worry Shia, my finger pushes a button that skips past scenes of yours that don't involve Transformers.

I understand that as an actor, the Transformers franchise may not be the most challenging or artistic endeavor, but he needs to STFU and realize that it launched him into the level of fame he is now at - and respect the fact that there are hundreds of people who bust their asses making movies that he gets to be famous for. Never much cared for him or understood why he was handed the keys to Hollywood. He's always struck me as immature and needs to think before he speaks.

Beyond "Eagle Eye" I've never seen a film he was in that didn't also star Optimus Prime.

Probably never will, either.

3. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    Essentially: Shia's done after TF3. I wouldn't be surprised if Megan Fox said she wanted out after TF3 too.

4. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Full Time Toy Designer

You guys are fools wanting him to go. Who else will go "NONONONONONONONONONONONONOOOOO" the ENTIRE movie?

5. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I kind of agree with him. It must be hard for any actor to be taken seriously after ROTF but make no mistake he will be back because it will be a huge paycheck not because of anything else.

6. Prime82

Prime82 Optimus knows all

why are people even talking about a 4th movie? And i dont understand why someone would even bring up lord of the rings and elijah wood, the two do not compare, i never heard elijah complain that the movies were bad since they obviously were perfect, shia should hush, he signed on for three. one more thing, he should learn from peter cullen, he does his thing and thats it, hes not in charge of making the movie good, so yeah blame bay or paramount for rushing things, 2012 would have been better

7. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i brought up Elijah Wood because he was the main character of LOTR and Shia is the main character of ROTF... so there's an obvious comparison... and i never stated that EW hated LOTR or thought they were bad...

and he's not saying anything about not wanting to do the 3rd, or that he wouldn't do a 3rd, just saying that its hard to come back to play the same character again... like so many people have said, this is his job and sometimes its hard to keep doing the same role over and over and over...

8. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    More so than the lack of an acting challenge, I think it's hard for Shia to prepare himself mentally to the fact that he might very well get blown up on a Michael Bay set. One flick is dangerous enough. Doing two sequels is like Russian Roulette! This kid gets hurt driving down the street! He can't stay out of trouble in a drugstore! He's just scared of tempting fate so much!

:D 

9. enkidoamark

enkidoamark Well-Known Member

It would be easy for me to be quite snide about this but Shia has never really been a weak point in the movies. I could be happier with the writing of course, but he's done a pretty good job with it. I think he should focus on how the character matures.

I haven't heard about anything past a trilogy. I'd love to think that the power of the brand would naturally lead to another series of movies, but I think it's more realistic to expect that after Bay's done with it, it will be a long time before we see another TF movie. I don't see them reinventing TFs on the big screne on a regular basis at over $200 million a pop. These movies have been very successful but I don't see them betting that much on the audience following reboots the way it's worked with cartoons.

10. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Speaking to Total Film LaBeouf said: “Yes, for sure. But Transformers is a very different movie for a very different crowd.

My mind battles with me all the time. My mind hates the fact that I’m going back to transformers 3, but the kid in me loves it. The actor in me, who is looking to challenge himself, isn’t going to get it on in Transformers and I know that.

“But that doesn’t mean that I’m any less dedicated to that movie being perfect. I wasn’t happy with the second movie and unless the third one is better than both, then we failed.

I may hate this guy in the movie, but I think I respect him a little more as a person.

11. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree, SHia needs to STFU. He reminds me of an ex-friend I used to have. He got a job at McDonald's, and then I heard he didn't like that job, he was just using the money to go to college to get a better job. I told him he was a whiny ungrateful bitch, and that billions of people enjoy McDonald's, and that's no one will care about what he does when he's some snobby guy with an office job or whatever. He knew what he was getting into when he accepted the job at MCD's, so he needs to stop thinking he's God's gift to the job market or something.
    Now I need to go burn all my Shia action figures.

12. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Regarding a fourth movie, I don't see why there would need to be a wholesale reboot (without knowing specifically how TF3 will end). If they just write it so the current group of humans has no reason to show up again, they can continue the story with different people behind the scenes and without current disgruntled cast members.

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Internet humor is hard to catch sometimes but that is a good one about how people should never have any ambition.

14. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good, if Shia finds it so "hard" making all that money doing TF3, then give him a big boot out the door. it's not too late to stop production to find a replacement that can actually ACT. Same goes for Megan Fox. Heck, I like this idea. Maybe it will give writers a chance to flesh out a decent story this time too. Win-win-win situation.

15. roy_flagg00

roy_flagg00 I want more life....

agreed.
    Shia now has found religion over movie quality. a little late for that. I wonder, was it the really bad reviews for rotf that did it, or getting to work for an exceptional director perhaps (Stone/wall street 2)
    btw, the dog-biting-the-hand-that-feeds-ness aspect of this story is also funny. If Bay himself came out and said, "I think the first two movies sucked", there would be people ready to bash him.

16. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

Since when did Michael Bay care whether his actors could act or not? In fact, I can't think of another director who goes as far out of the way to find people who can't act for his films.

I can't disrespect Shia for basically giving an honest opinion. Was it really any different when Alec Guiness or Harrison Ford repeatedly slammed Star Wars; a franchise which apparently nobody is allowed to hate? I mean, is it wrong to grow tired of playing an incredibly one-dimensional character over and over again? None of the characters in the TF movies (robot or human) even have any real depth or personality. Phoning it in over the span of six years must get old pretty quick.

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It is a bit odd that people want to slam Shia for wanting to move beyond Bay into more substantial roles and yet I don't hear anyone slamming Bruce Willis, Michael Clarke Duncan, Will Smith, Martin Lawrence, Nicolas Cage, or any of the other actors who wanted to do more than just Micheal Bay movies for the rest of their life.

18. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

I have to question those saying he can't act as a way to slam him - I believe he's a solid actor. I've seen him in a few movies outside of Transformers and he's always good. He hasn't had much of an opportunity to branch out yet - but he's far from a bad actor, IMO.

As far as him saying the second movie wasn't good....well, it really wasn't, IMO. The first one was great, the second one had a few moments of greatness, but was mostly poor. The problem isn't with the human cast members and their acting at all - it's in the writing and directing decisions.

Shia isn't saying anything that other actors haven't said in the past - many actors want to be challenged and try their hand at a variety of roles. He can still be grateful to Transformers and want to move beyond it at the same time. Doesn't make him a bad person.

19. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If anybody ever makes a Bay-free TF movie, I'd hope for at least a soft reboot. It's doesn't need to be a wholesale retelling of their "origin", but I'd like an excuse to see all new live-action TF designs. It don't hate the "Bayformers" designs, but I'd also like to see a new take on Prime, BB, & Co. even if it's just to get some different looking toys. Plus, I don't want to see some new director try and do his best :bay  impression to try and keep a new TF move "in tone" with Bay's. If anything, Bay's "tone" is the TF film franchise's biggest fault, IMO. (They're like Team America, minus the irony.)

After the "fool me once... fool me twice..." experience with TFTM07 and ROTF, I really just want to see something new. (Something good would be a plus, too :D )

20. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

Whatever... just make your $millions, do the movie, quit whining.

It's not like he's 70 years old and doesn't have much time left or something to other types of movies.

This also goes for Megan Fox...