Shia LaBeouf Finds Returning To Transformers 3 Hard

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    He shouldn't blame the content of ROTF, it was largely due to the writers strike and his hand injury, so he is partly at fault for that fiLm. If it wasn't for his car accident, they wouldn't have had Jetfire talk so much...

2. Awesomus Prime

Awesomus Prime I rise, you fall.

News Credits:
    Yes, how dare an actor try to challenge themself...

I also greatly enjoy the irony of you calling Shia Labeouf a "whiny B***h", before proceeding to whine about how much you don't like him.

It's not like he's saying anything "out of line". And his disappointment in ROTF is certainly justifiable. I fail to see why you're getting so bent out of shape...

3. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    everything with jetfire shoulda just been redone completely...

4. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

I am sure Wall Street 2 is going to display some of the greatest acting in cinema history.

5. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    I had thought the third would be the last. I think it should. Too many movies can also do harm... Spiderman 3, in my opinion did not live up to the hype, and I was unhappy with the way it came out. X-Men 3 was also a debacle.

I think Shia LaBouf wants to really be a serious actor. Maybe he is concerned he will be set in a specific role and that is not what he wants. I think the kid has talent and should be able to take on other roles. Transformers and Indiana Jones were good starts, I hope he really succeeds.

If he stops crashing cars of course..

6. Nukatron

Nukatron Ultra Class

The Movies could live without him but for the love God do not and I repeat DO NOT RESTART THE STORY I HATE WHEN MOVIES DO THAT!

7. Nukatron

Nukatron Ultra Class

The Movies could live without him but for the love God do not and I repeat DO NOT RESTART THE STORY I HATE WHEN MOVIES DO THAT!

8. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    About time LaBeouf cowboyed up.

9. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

But isn't 3 going to be the last one for now? I think they should stop here and then wait a few years and restart.

I don't blame Shia. I feel weird about TF3 as well :/

10. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I am just jealous that he gets to work with that british beauty Carey Mulligan in the Wall Street sequel. If I were him I'll try to bump Fox from the movie and get Carey to play my love interest. :) 

11. DevilGalvatron

DevilGalvatron Purple planet popper

I wonder what he thinks was so bad about TF2? Maybe just because of his hand? It wasn't THAT bad. It was made for the MASSES and not Transformers fans. Pot brownies, stereotypes, and humping dogs are easier to relate to for most than giant robots, 5 faced squids, and lil guys that turn into the heads of bigger robots! Personally I just want a film that respects the audience's intelligence a little more. Hoping that's what he is thinking. Of course if he's just hoping for Trypticon..I'll agree on that too. :) 

12. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If there is going to be a fourth movie, I don't think Shia and Bay will be involve in it.

13. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    At least he realises it was bad. That's a good sign.

It's better not to be some showbiz phony about it, pretending to like everything he's in.

14. Naivafatron

Naivafatron MEGATRON'S MINION

Hmmm...

I didn't have an issue with either movies, besides the twins. This is just Bay's vision and what he came up with, I think it's interesting. I would rather have had movies without any humans at all...those pathetic fleshlings. Oh wait. That's right, the Autobots need humans so they can pull off a sloppy win.
    What a waste of energon...:throw 

15. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I really see where he's coming from, having somewhat been there myself. I've acted in productions of Much Ado About Nothing, Man of La Mancha, and Fiddler On the Roof; essentially playing the same character archetype in all three. Let me tell you, it wasn't as much fun the third time around.

16. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

With comments like these, a re-boot is looking more and more likely. Good on him for being honest.

17. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Reboot? Hope not.

But if the third film ties up Sam's story, and leaves the story in a position where a new story and a new group of characters can come to the fore, then so be it. A partial reboot as it were, keeping the basic universe and characters, but with a new focus and direction, so rather than abandoning all that went before, it is written off as "the previous chapter", and the films that follow keep continuity, but are very much "the current chapter".

In my opinion, Hollywood as a whole is far too reboot happy on film series, when you can, in fact, just put a little distance between stories to keep it all one reboot free series. With its rich mythology, Transformers would work this way round.

18. alfred p. sloan

alfred p. sloan Well-Known Member

Butter top? Kaiser? WHICH ROLLS? I MUST KNOW!

19. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    damn spelling error... :thumb ... i'd say butter top...

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Exactly on the point.

We tend to forget that even the biggest of actors started out with first movies they rather forget. Arnold Schwarzenegger did Hercules in New York before he could break out with Conan and Terminator. Tom Hanks first real break came from Bosom Buddies before he'd get nominated for a load of Oscars. Sylvester Stallone started with The Party at Kitty and Stud's.

I'm not sure why people want to hold it against Shia that at the time Transformers seemed like a way for him to break away from kid films into more main stream movies. Sure Revenge of the Fallen is not the greatest film in the world, but it gets him to a lot more auditions than just saying well I had a small part in I Robot.