Shia LaBeouf Finds Returning To Transformers 3 Hard

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Apr 23, 2010.

1. optimus_tractor

optimus_tractor Well-Known Member

Monsieur LaBeouff is obviously a hater. How dare he insult such an obvious masterpiece.

2. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    As a fan of the movieverse, I pray this is the last installment for at least a decade. I think TF3 is going to be a great, rebounding movie from the shitshow that was ROTF, but they need to end on a high note and call it good.

3. Red Frenzy

Red Frenzy Its madness He's 100% RED

Agreed. This kid is such a whiny B***h. Which is just one more reason for me to dislike him. He wants something that will challenge him? Like what, a character that rambles on more incoherently, or maybe a role where the majority of the lines are "Yesyesyesyes" opposed to "Nonononono".

If he finds the work difficult or Bay to be too much of a hard-ass then he should have never signed up for 3 movies, much less taken the role. Bottom line, he's just not a good actor. Simply because of his cringe worthy improv which is maybe 70% of his acting and the fact that everyone of his performances are virtually the same character, only with a different name. And he's complaining about variety?

TF3 will be good because of the robots, their war, and their story, not because of him. And if he wants to be done with the series after 3 then good riddance. Tf's have survived for 25+ years without him, so I don't think the movie franchise will die just because he wont be part of it anymore.

4. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    TF3 will be Sam-hardcore! not Sam-less

5. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lol :lol :lol  Hollywood is calling, they've never heard this phrase and would like you to explain it.

6. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Amen. While I'm not a Fox-hater, I wouldn't miss her much (unless an even more vapid female was cast).

While I think Shia's doing good in TF - please don't take Josh or Tyrese w/ ya. :drool: 

And agree w/ early comment that he'll come back for a while for the check. If he's smart (and so far, auto-accident not withstanding), and invests the big check for TF - he'll have the money-cushion to branch into what he wants to do that DOES test his skills.

7. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Too true. Gods - I cringed anytime I saw he was getting interviewed for *anything* other than on the red-carpet type of events. Sounds like he got introduced to a clue-by-four that the great actor(esse)s don't swear like a sailor, at least during interviews.

Even Sammy LJ doesn't usually drop as many Fbombs outside of his films as Shia did early on... except as a tongue in cheek thing. And he's been in the biz long enough I'll give him a bit of leeway, not a relative noob.

8. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Understandable that he want a better acting challenge, but for now he'll just have to roll with the punches.

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I don't know I think they could phone in a fail and everyone will still be in fairly good shape.

Micheal Bay could always direct some other film instead of Transformers 4. It's not like he hasn't recovered before from either bad reviews or a lower than expected box office before with Pearl Harbor and The Island.

ILM has tons of work coming in every year so people aren't going to stop going to ILM if their effect appear in a bad movie.

Shia has been taking other roles so he could move on to other films after the Transformers franchise. Not so sure about Fox though since she hasn't exactly been hitting on box office gold outside of Transformers.

Peter Cullen sure wouldn't have a problem finding more voice work.

Paramount Pictures has other films it could fall back on if a third Transformers doesn't produce the box office they hoped for.

Hasbro is always reinventing the Transformers brand so it's not like the future of Transformers is only riding on the film franchise.

Even as fans we know that no story line runs forever so just like we move on to new cartoons somewhere down the road we'd move on to a new film series.

Pretty much everyone has made money already or they have future jobs waiting so there isn't all that much on the line that they "must" make a good third film.

10. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow..way to go, guys! Let's all jump onto the I hate Shia LaBeouf bandwagon because..yeah, because what?

All he's saying is: he likes the movies, he thought the 2nd one wasn't too good and they collectively have to do better for 3, and that as an actor, the part in Transformers isn't really fulfilling anymore as in: the role does not allow him to truly show his range - but he will do his best to deliver.
    In short: a pretty reasonable answer from somebody whose JOB is acting.

And what happens? There's these nice people on the internet telling him he's a whiner and 'that's what he signed up for'. There's no place where's he's saying he wants to quit, or that he hates doing what he does. Really easy to vent your frustration or dislike on somebody who is genuinely trying. Gets the same flack Hasbro gets when you poor babies don't get your Wheeljack or leader Blackout toy. Jesus fucking christ, you guys are pathetic. I'M SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW!

:lol 

anyway..I'm hoping TF3 will redeem the movie franchise. TF1 is still awesome in my book, despite its flaws.

11. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah, my students (12-14 years old) love the movie and thought it was great... sure they may not know great cinema, but they enjoyed it...

yeah, cuz a minor role in a small movie from the beginning of his career should be brought up... when you're a new actor, and you get a call to be in a movie, you take the gig... then when you've established yourself a lot more, then you find roles that aren't stupid and simple, like you're example...

exactly...

see, that's exactly what he wants to get away from... and nowhere does he mention this being difficult or a dislike for Bay... he's saying he WANTS a NEW challenge... something he doesn't feel TF or BAY will offer...

12. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    SAMLESS TRANSFORMERS Ahh, what a wet dream that would be...

This pissy little prima-donna d**k has been F*****G up my franchise with BAY for 3 movies too many. PLEASE replace all the actors, PLEASE.

For the Bay-sexuals out there (those in love with Bay), just take what I'm saying with grain of salt. This is less a G1 purist rant and more an "I know a damn bad movie when I see one" rant. Plot-less-ness, chopiness, characters that blatantly mock the franchise *cough* Mudflap, Skids, Jetfire to some extent, WHEELIE *COUGH*, and poor lifeless acting made the first too movies pretty miserable to sit through. ILM's brilliant effects are the ONLY reason to even see those films at all. I can only imagine how frustrating and infuriating it must be for all the animators at ILM who sit there toiling on a catharsis that any one of them could have directed and wrote better in their sleep.

13. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    it is not about the pay, he is already back but if the actor is worried about the movie, the fans should be too

He signed on for all 3 movies

He's trying to say he will undoubtedly do his best on the film, but he knows it won't be a stretch for his career. Its just about getting it over with

14. Long_Haul

Long_Haul N*ggacon

Word brother, I'm sure actors that do films with the green screen, kinda get tired og not really interacting with the main characters. I would, I always wonder why Toby talked bout not doing anymore spiderman films b4 the 3rd came out, now I get it. I guess its just a different life as an actor/actress, hang in there shia, u may be goofy as f*ck but u make the film what it is. Everyone continues to bash and bash Rotf, why, not every movie is gonna be what "The fan" inspect's, we all know that or should by now. Now I'm hearing online sites call "us" winny brats, nothing ever good enough, idk bout yall, I ain't trying to be dissed or called a brat. Lol, think bout it, the story wasn't far from the g1 show, go back and watch, people calling the film bad still went out and got the dvd, toys, etc..... I'm not saying I agree with bay making to robots that sound like my race but can't read and speak in slang, or not using the cons and bots we liked, or casting one. of the finest/worst actresses I've seen, but we still thought the 2 were funny, still enjoyed the characters we got and we ALL still perv over ms fox (and don't act like you have the motorcycle pose as your background) I guess my point is, come on, give it a rest. Take note, I'm not trying to Piss off anyone, cause some are so Sensitive.

15. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    It ain't easy being blown up for a living.

16. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Full Time Toy Designer

I'm personally really glad he's speaking out and against TF2. Well we can all hope for a better third movie. It's time to turn this thing around.

17. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Full Time Toy Designer

I actually enjoyed this rant. Couldn't agree with you more. G1 pursuits who rant just because they're G1 pursuits are not giving a fair opinion. But you are really just specifying the points that can be corrected. ILM is the best part, but it can't stand alone.

18. Zress Tayasu

Zress Tayasu Axiom

so, The Beef Sent From God's inner actor has the same general view of such a franchise as orson welles had... bah, bugger him too.

19. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    would i care if he is gone. nooo. im here to see robots. not humans screaming no a lot.

20. OptimusMagnus3

OptimusMagnus3 Well-Known Member

I personally just hope that Shia will return. I know for a fact that he is in Transformers 3, but, if there are any future movies afterwards (lets hope there are), I hope that he will return. I think he really does the movie good in his role, and it would be tragic to lose, in my opinion, one of the best human characters in the history of Transformers.