Shia LaBeouf Finds Returning To Transformers 3 Hard

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Apr 23, 2010.

1. alex_kingdom

alex_kingdom Well-Known Member

Nice synopsis but I dont think it has enough lady lumps for Bay's liking ;) 

2. Eric

Eric Dreadnought of Floof

News Credits:
    :lol  Pretty much. They did that with Mikaela in the first movie, and Leo Shitz in the second movie.

I feel your pain. Unfortunately, as long as Michael Bay is in the director's chair, what he says...goes, much to us movie haters' chagrins.

Had I been Shia (and thankfully I'm not), I would have just told the guys who gave me the contract to eff off. But I can't really blame the guy. He knew what he was getting into, but hey, it'd pay off in the end.

True. The title of both movies were "TRANSFORMERS" for a good reason, not "Dawson's Creek guest-starring the Transformers" or "Feature-Length Commercial for the Army, General Motors, Burger King, and Mountain Dew."

:lol  Now that could work.

3. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    This is why I still like Shia. He WANTS to be a good actor not just make money. Sure everyone wants to make a ton of money so they be secure but life is about challenges.

I much prefer watching him in movies with good plots.

I also really hope TF3 is the end of this era. Either reboot the franchise, again, like they always do or take out the crap like Bay and the horrible acting

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

We know he's back for three because he has the contract. Although it's sounding a bit like the only reason he's back for part three is because of the contract.

Honestly I can't blame the guy for wanting to move on to something else so he will get opportunities to improve as an actor. Lots of actors have moved on to other films after working with Bay because while Bay might get a big summer crowd for his films they sure aren't known for the great acting.

Just my gut feeling but I just can't shake the feeling that part 3 is going to be bad. But at least if Shia LaBeouf doesn't want to do more Transformers films that will give the studio the excuse to start over with a new production team since the franchise will not have it's star any more. I know it's a bit mean to hope something will be bad, but I kind of hope it will be another bad film so the franchise can move on to something different and maybe better.

5. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the only way the film is going to be any good is if the script is and the director doesn't see explosions as the only thing that makes a good movie.

6. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sam leaving...That would be fine with me. I agree with Storm as well. Give us a coherent story with the bots.

7. AutobotAssassin

AutobotAssassin MERCENARY

you know what, he knew what he was getting into when he signed for the first one. so Shia, quit whinning already. Second, I wouldn't mind not seeing him in the movie. I would rather see cybertron wars than corny family friendly jokes. For that matter, give us daniel if you must have a human connection, or just the N.E.S.T. crew. either way, Shia doesn't make or break the movie for me. that's just my 2 cents though.

8. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    great minds think alike i guess... :thumb 

agreed... he doesn't want to just be a money grubbing asstard... he's actually trying to do some cool stuff... and he's a pretty decent actor when he's got a good story and director... i'm kinda excited to see this new Wall Street movie...

9. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's good that Shia finally wants to start to challenge himself as an actor, especially since every role he's ever played has been pretty much the same . Good for him.

What worries me more for TF3 is that everybody involved with ROTF seems to have publicly acknowledged that it was bad... except Michael Bay.

10. Eric

Eric Dreadnought of Floof

News Credits:
    Well yeah, he's Michael Bay. The only thing he gives a shit about is blowing stuff up.

11. AMG

AMG Old School

It sounds like he's losing faith in the movie franchise. With him out right admitting that he hated the 2nd film, I think his enthusiasm for the project has taken a hit. No doubt he'll soldier on and do his best in the third movie, but I think deep down he'd rather be doing something else.

12. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which means, most likely, TF3 will = :bay  :bay  :bay 

13. jamjam101

jamjam101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thats not true....he cares about the trees that he's already blown up.

and the majority of the people we know didnt like ROTF we found out through forums. what about the little kids aged 5-13 maybe that don't come on the forums and comment...majority of them who i've personally talked to liked it

anyone on these forums a Eminem fan? remember when EM's career peeked in 2002 with 'The Eminem Show', the hype was off the hook for 2004's "Encore" but it failed reception wise...all his fans thought it was his worst album, and his comeback "Relapse" in 2009 was almost as good as "The Eminem Show" and supposedly this years "Recovery" will be his best .... same thing with this whole TF franchise...they seriously need to make up for their failness in TF3

14. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I understand his point of view, but if this is such an easy and unchallenging role, then he better do great. At least it isn't like him 4 years ago, where every other word would have been a swear.

15. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    "The actor in me, who is looking to challenge himself"

Like Dumb and Dumberer?

16. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @Barricade_Rules: Your movie treatment is, frankly, awesome.

@Lumpy & similar voices of reason in this thread: Thank you. Acting is a job, just like any other job. You get up early, you go to work, you do stuff you don't necessarily want to do, you eat lunch, you do more stuff you don't necessarily want to do, and you go home late. Differences between your job and Shia's job:

Downsides:
    1. Shia works even when he's not "at work": memorizing lines, training, etc.
    2. Paparazzi don't follow you around poking into your private life.
    3. You probably have never had to redo something at your work because a teamster burped or a plane flew over.
    4. Shia is contractually obligated to make "appearances," blather on about his job to interviewers trying and failing to look interested, and be nice to people he doesn't know. You ever been quizzed about your work at a family reunion or somesuch? Truly, after the fifth time repeating the same stuff to somebody who isn't actually interested and doesn't understand anyway, you just want to hand out pamphlets saying "THIS IS WHAT I DO FOR A LIVING."
    Upsides:
    1. Your co-worker likely looks nothing like Megan Fox. And if you try to kiss her: lawsuit. And pink slip.
    2. Shia earned more money yesterday than you did all year.
    3. Those people he's required to be nice to? Yeah, a good number of them look like Megan Fox.

Rant over.

17. kEVINUS prime

kEVINUS prime Future Legend

Crying all the way to the friggin bank...poor baby...

18. madman1366

madman1366 "The Bad Guy"

News Credits:
    I'm thinking any future movies beyond this one will be a total reboot.

These days it doesn't seem to be all that big of a deal to reboot a film franchise. So long as they make money, they can pretty much do what they want.

19. teruo kaiba

teruo kaiba Made In Japan

I think it's great that he wants to improve his acting and I give him credit for saying what he actually thinks of the second film. Can't wait for the new Wall Street movie, the first one is probably my all time favorite movie so I'm hoping the new one can rank high up on my list as well.

20. Tman978

Tman978 CHILL REVIEWER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Where's the shut up button?